The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by supernovanessa
I'm 41A. According to the rooms layout we'll be on the same floor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh how does the rooms layout work? And where did you find it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by supernovanessa
I'm 41A. According to the rooms layout we'll be on the same floor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really!? That's great news! Its nice to meet someone before hand, do you have Facebook? :smile:
Reply 222
Anyone doing english lit and linguistics? :smile:
I thought the letter was what room you were in the flat?
Original post by CharleighKiara
I'm going to be studying Hispanic studies and do not know whether or not I have been accepted for student Accomodation...😰 Anyone else in my situation? Message me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you studying French and Hispanic Studies by any chance? I am and am trying to find others who will be too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Original post by Rajvir
I have no idea about the room layout lol but we may be close. Does each letter mean a floor. Like A is floor 1 and B is floor 2 etc??
I'm from Northampton and you?

Haha seems like everyone is clueless :-) its complicated!
I'm from the North East near Durham :-)
Excited to start?
Reply 226
Original post by kjskjs1
Haha seems like everyone is clueless :-) its complicated!
I'm from the North East near Durham :-)
Excited to start?

Very excited and you?
Have you ever been to London before?
I've been like 5 times in my whole life lol
Reply 227
I received a Tuition fees invoice email.
What am I expected to do with it?
Has anyone else received an email like this??
Original post by Rajvir
I received a Tuition fees invoice email.
What am I expected to do with it?
Has anyone else received an email like this??

Yeah, you basically have to ensure that you pay your fees (if you yourself are contributing towards them) before the 14th. If not, and the entire amount will be covered by a tuition fees loan then you don't need to do anything except make sure you sure your confirmation letter as proof on enrolment day.
This letter was sent to you by student finance england after the loan was approved etc
Original post by kieran12-51
I thought the letter was what room you were in the flat?

Yup!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Original post by Yoachim
Yeah I called today, and they said because I applied to late there was basically zero chance of getting accommodation on campus... So he sent me another email straight away with links to other private halls or whatever the bloody terms are. Cass and Claredale are fully booked, unless you're a girl... :/ But I put in an application anyway because I realised I'm so desperate.

I'm really sorry to break this to ou. But what can I do? What are WE going to do? I do have family in London, so I won't die, but it's not accommodation!

Any ideas?

What about this ? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377673063.107339.jpg

Did you get this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 231
Original post by smileyy123
Yeah, you basically have to ensure that you pay your fees (if you yourself are contributing towards them) before the 14th. If not, and the entire amount will be covered by a tuition fees loan then you don't need to do anything except make sure you sure your confirmation letter as proof on enrolment day.
This letter was sent to you by student finance england after the loan was approved etc

Oh okay thanks! :smile:
But on my SIS account it says self-payer in the sponsor bit. Does it says the same for you?
Reply 232
Original post by Yoachim
Yeah I called today, and they said because I applied to late there was basically zero chance of getting accommodation on campus... So he sent me another email straight away with links to other private halls or whatever the bloody terms are. Cass and Claredale are fully booked, unless you're a girl... :/ But I put in an application anyway because I realised I'm so desperate.

I'm really sorry to break this to ou. But what can I do? What are WE going to do? I do have family in London, so I won't die, but it's not accommodation!

Any ideas?

Hey,
Have you checked out this website, its a bit pricey but its not too far from QMUL.
http://assam-place.com/
Hope this helps :smile:

Right, right, that's one thing sorted out.

But how on earth if your in 41A could someone in 10C be on the same floor?!? Must be the most complicated layout ever like.
Original post by Maths_19

Did you get this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, when did you get that email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm super excited but scared too as I do not know anyone going to QM! I'm staying at Feilden House and studying Human Geography :smile: bring on freshers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmaHaggerxx
Hi guys! I'm studying human geography is anyone else on this course? And can't wait for freshers I'm friends with Queen Mary freshers on FB which is really good as they invite you to events 😊 was just wondering when people will be buying their tickets for the events. I'm living at home rather than on campus so would also like to plan which events I'm going to so also wants to know what will be popular!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am studying human geography too!
Reply 237
Original post by JessikaHoughton
I am studying human geography too!

Hey im studying Human Geog and will be in feilden house aswell :smile:
Original post by serendipity94
Who else is studying Chemistry? :biggrin:
I'm studying Chemistry at QM too!! I know my username is quite deceiving :smile:
Reply 239

Did you get this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get this email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rajvir
Hey,
Have you checked out this website, its a bit pricey but its not too far from QMUL.
http://assam-place.com/
Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks guys, I did get that email, but it's way too expensive. I'm staying with my auntie! Walking distance from campus.

KCL was my firm choice, but I feel like I might be more happy at QM anyway. Computer science. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending