The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7760
Original post by Krish4791
The Burj? Awesome! Must be a great place for a holiday, I'll definitely visit when I get the chance.

Yep but i gotta tell ya it costs a bomb its really expensive staying there.
Zemlja's Plan A of all-out aggression isn't working, and he doesn't seem to have a Plan B either. The crowd have not had an opportunity to get into this match at all.
Reply 7762
Federer played well. Serve and volleying were definitely clicking, although Zamlja played pretty poorly and Federer wasn't allowed to have much fun out there.
Reply 7763
Original post by ubi1
Guess who's back from the dead....:wink:

Did you catch any of the tennis in Dubai? :smile:
Reply 7764
Such a cringey interview with Fed on court after the match. "What is your message for the children, the future...". He's not the Dalai Lama for ****'s sake.
Reply 7765
Original post by Roger1
Did you catch any of the tennis in Dubai? :smile:

Na i was out and about in Palm Jumeirah.
Original post by tgwktm
It was amazing, couldn't believe he managed it at first

It was astonishing - that was literally the third or fourth point of the tournament and he's already hit one of the shots of the tournament!
Great to see Venus win. I love the fact that she continues to play despite having a pretty horrible couple of years.

Original post by Rakas21
Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.

Original post by Malevolent
Same I don't give a crap how arrogant they are. Most of the greats had a little mean/arrogant side to them which made them so good. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and all that.

I completely agree with you two.
Play has been suspended at the US Open for quite a while now.

Poor Andy Murray - he's really being screwed over now. Wimbledon 2007-like rain, anyone?
Play has been suspended at the US Open for quite a while now.

Poor Andy Murray - he's really being screwed over now. Wimbledon 2007-like rain, anyone?

He's not on until at least midnight anyway i think.
Original post by Rakas21
He's not on until at least midnight anyway i think.

At this rate, he may not even get to go on court until tomorrow, at which point Rafa and Roger would be ready to play their Round 2 matches.

Not really the way to treat a defending champion, methinks. At Wimbledon, the previous year's champ plays at 1pm on Centre on Day 1 itself, so I'm a little puzzled as to why the top half of the draw did not play first?
Reply 7771
At this rate, he may not even get to go on court until tomorrow, at which point Rafa and Roger would be ready to play their Round 2 matches.

Not really the way to treat a defending champion, methinks. At Wimbledon, the previous year's champ plays at 1pm on Centre on Day 1 itself, so I'm a little puzzled as to why the top half of the draw did not play first?

Wimbledon method definitely seems more fair but thinking about that probably won't do Murray any favours, he's just gonna have to concentrate on the task at hand :/
Original post by lizzy95
Wimbledon method definitely seems more fair but thinking about that probably won't do Murray any favours, he's just gonna have to concentrate on the task at hand :/

Yeah, he'll be fine anyway - this scheduling will only affect his first 2/3 rounds, which he should clear quite comfortably. It would be far worse if he were to experience problems like this in the Quarters or Semis.
Reply 7773
Job well done from Robson! Robson vs Li should be a great match, hopefully a tight three setter! :biggrin:
good recovery from Robson in the 2nd set, she gets better with each match so hopefully the best is still to come for her.

Murray match later as well :biggrin: hooray for late night sport (insomnia comes in handy for a change :tongue:)

As usual the US Open is idiotically organised, definitely and consistently the worst organised out of all the Grand Slams. It's incomprehensible why they don't play all of the first round matches in the first two days.
Reply 7776
No unforced errors in the first set from Murray, not bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone watching a stream care to PM the link? My regular source is failing me... Cheers
Reply 7778
Anyone paying attention to Evans? Would be sweet if he could beat Tomic.
Original post by Slumpy
Anyone paying attention to Evans? Would be sweet if he could beat Tomic.

Yes! What a response after losing that first set 6-1, to take that third set tiebreak, brilliant :biggrin:

Really routing for him, hope he can continue this great run. Looking like a really close match, looking like it very well could go the distance, hope he can edge it, hard one to call though :smile:

Latest