The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenonsteroids
It's cool and all but it's 3 years of my life. That's roughly more than 2 years and less than 4. Like the time doesn't stop and 3 years will be over no matter whether I want to be or not.

Time... crazy little thing.

I'll stop rambling now. I don't know what I'm talking about.

:lol: Just gotta take one day at a time.

When are you starting?
Reply 681
Just paid my accommodation fees... thing seem to have rather real. :tongue:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
:lol: Just gotta take one day at a time.

When are you starting?

23rd September :smile:
Original post by kb5462
Just paid my accommodation fees... thing seem to have rather real. :tongue:
You seem much less nervous than I do :tongue: Do you know anyone going to St Andrews?

23rd September :smile:
Ah that's good then, good long holiday to build up to it! Any plans for the rest of the holidays?
You seem much less nervous than I do :tongue: Do you know anyone going to St Andrews?

Ah that's good then, good long holiday to build up to it! Any plans for the rest of the holidays?

I'm going to keep on blogging since it's pretty fun and read and all that fancy stuff. A small portion of my time will be spent worrying about being stuck with my injury at university and the remaining time will involve seeing friends and sleeping.

But let's pretend I'm building a huge robot that will pay off everyone's university fees. Much more exciting and revolutionary!

I think I should take your username now.... I can't stop rambling about nothing
Reply 685

Not really - there are two guys I know (one from school, the other's my best friend's ex) but I'm not in their halls and I've never been friends with them. So, I basically don't know anyone!

Bit nervous, but more excited, I think. Also, I don't have time to be nervous - got to get stuff done before I leave next Friday :tongue:
Had an interesting quiet time today - spent a lot of time mad at my old uni friends for failing to make any time for me at all this holiday, apart from the occasional chat on Facebook. These people were my best friends during uni but, despite being on holiday time themselves, nothing has happened. Anyway I was really very upset and angry about not being able to meet up with any of them this summer but realised during quiet time that, when I've been busy, I haven't been making much time for God.

I've occasionally been sneaking in a bit of quiet time before bed or quickly glancing over a couple of Bible verses just to 'tick the box' with God. So I guess I can't complain too much about others when I have failed in the same way with the one who it matters most to spend time with. :ahhhhh:
I finally have a blender! This can only mean one thing... Fruit smoothies for all! :woo:

I'm going to keep on blogging since it's pretty fun and read and all that fancy stuff. A small portion of my time will be spent worrying about being stuck with my injury at university and the remaining time will involve seeing friends and sleeping.

But let's pretend I'm building a huge robot that will pay off everyone's university fees. Much more exciting and revolutionary!

I think I should take your username now.... I can't stop rambling about nothing

Gyah, I feel really bad for not having read enough over the holidays. I nearly finished a few but then took them back and now I have 7 books on loan, only one of which i'm past 100 pages on ¬¬

Consider it believed :awesome:

Original post by kb5462
Not really - there are two guys I know (one from school, the other's my best friend's ex) but I'm not in their halls and I've never been friends with them. So, I basically don't know anyone!

Bit nervous, but more excited, I think. Also, I don't have time to be nervous - got to get stuff done before I leave next Friday :tongue:

Well it's better than nothing :yep: I think someone from college is doing a different branch of nursing so I may see them around a bit but i'll be suprised if we hang out much.

Well I guess when you're used to brodering school it's not too much of a shock to the system which is good. Have you seen where you're living or is it a surprise? :3

Original post by Autistic Merit

I've occasionally been sneaking in a bit of quiet time before bed or quickly glancing over a couple of Bible verses just to 'tick the box' with God. So I guess I can't complain too much about others when I have failed in the same way with the one who it matters most to spend time with. :ahhhhh:

To be fair I think most of us probably struggle with this, it's certainly challenging sometimes to get into the right frame of mind. I generally find the best times is just when i'm on the bus, i'm off to Manchester sometime this week which should hopefully be a me and God time during the travel and walking :^_^: Just try at set some goals which can be hard at first, but when you get into it will help put you into a routine :smile:
Fruit smoothies, eh? :beard: I like the sound of that! :ahee:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Fruit smoothies, eh? :beard: I like the sound of that! :ahee:

Dad looked... Worried when I got the hand blender out and started attacking the fruit :ahee: Frozen Summer fruits + Banana + grapes + Raspberry and passion fruit yoghurt + A bit of apple juice and honey = Some teeth that wont see the end of my life :yep:

I need to watch S1 of Rev. now as when the Charismastics game they had the most ridiculous sounding smoothies going... :hubba:
Dad looked... Worried when I got the hand blender out and started attacking the fruit :ahee: Frozen Summer fruits + Banana + grapes + Raspberry and passion fruit yoghurt + A bit of apple juice and honey = Some teeth that wont see the end of my life :yep:

I need to watch S1 of Rev. now as when the Charismastics game they had the most ridiculous sounding smoothies going... :hubba:

I've only seen one episode of Rev. I'm so behind :emo:

That does sound like a pretty awesome smoothie! :eek: May I try some? :ninja:
I've only seen one episode of Rev. I'm so behind :emo:

That does sound like a pretty awesome smoothie! :eek: May I try some? :ninja:

I think one was a 'Jesus and Mary Very Berry Explosion' or something horrendous like that xD Fair to say he passed.

Sure thing! I shall throw it out of my bedroom window at 3:48 in the morning and you can catch it then :yep:
Reply 692

Well it's better than nothing :yep: I think someone from college is doing a different branch of nursing so I may see them around a bit but i'll be suprised if we hang out much.

Well I guess when you're used to brodering school it's not too much of a shock to the system which is good. Have you seen where you're living or is it a surprise? :3

Yeah, that's the same with me: will probably just see them around, but I doubt we'll be friends. Especially not my best friemd's ex :tongue:

Mmm, I think the whole boarding school thing helped - I'm not really nervous about the moving away, just a bit about the new people :smile: yeah got my halls, they look awesome :smile:
Reply 693
Just got back (okay, got back Monday evening, but I had work yesterday, and a huuuge amount of sleep to catch up on) from Youth 2000 at Walsingham - Catholic youth festival.

Oh my goodness it was amazing. God is doing so many wonderful things.

And if anyone ever comes across them, the Franciscans of the renewal are amazing :mmm:

Anyway, hi. :h:
Original post by Aula
Just got back (okay, got back Monday evening, but I had work yesterday, and a huuuge amount of sleep to catch up on) from Youth 2000 at Walsingham - Catholic youth festival.

And if anyone ever comes across them, the Franciscans of the renewal are amazing :mmm:

Hi! :yay: :hi: :lovehug:

Franciscans of the renewal, eh? Never heard of them. Will have to give it a Google when I get home. (We're off to Hampton Court Palace gardens. For relaxation. I'm hoping scones are involved :colone: )
Just took a trip into Manchester, surprised at how well I found my way around, I now know where everything important is and the chaplaincy is like two minutes away and five for the Catholic one which is good for studying in. Feel a bit more confident now :^_^:

Original post by kb5462
Yeah, that's the same with me: will probably just see them around, but I doubt we'll be friends. Especially not my best friemd's ex :tongue:

Mmm, I think the whole boarding school thing helped - I'm not really nervous about the moving away, just a bit about the new people :smile: yeah got my halls, they look awesome :smile:

And it's times like that i'm happy I don't know my college mates social circle :awesome: No awkwardness.

New people it indeed... Worrying. Hopefully I won't be stuck in the 'friendly acquaintance' zone again now there's Soc and organised events.

Original post by Aula

Whoo! :woo: That sounds wonderful. Welcome back! :yay:
:wavey:
:wavey:

I feel like chicken tonight! chicken tonight! CHICKEN TONIGHT! :gah: :hugs: :hi:

You're probs too young to remember such things :shakecane: :emo: :getmecoat:
Hey ya'll hope everything is well in your worlds.

I feel like chicken tonight! chicken tonight! CHICKEN TONIGHT! :gah: :hugs: :hi:

You're probs too young to remember such things :shakecane: :emo: :getmecoat:

I get that reference! :lovehug::pierre: All bow before my knowledge of things that have no value in life!

I once slipped a reference to teabag ad into my essay and a ref to a villian from a 90s PC game, I don't think the prof noticed :innocent: I managed to put 'I AM SHODAN' going straight down with the first letters of each line. Best thing I ever did with my life.
Hey ya'll hope everything is well in your worlds.

I get that reference! :lovehug::pierre: All bow before my knowledge of things that have no value in life!

I once slipped a reference to teabag ad into my essay and a ref to a villian from a 90s PC game, I don't think the prof noticed :innocent: I managed to put 'I AM SHODAN' going straight down with the first letters of each line. Best thing I ever did with my life.

:rofl: PRSOM. You legend :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest