The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stupid exam boards why is there no AS exams in january?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:sigh: infinity doesn't have an end, thus it's not accurate.

1/3 is accurate.

4/9 = exact value, the decimal with a recurring value isnt.

I never said infinity has an end 0.3 with a dot on top is the exact decimal representation of 1/3.There are ways to prove that 1/3 equals exactly 0.3 recurring represented as a dot on the top.If x=0.999999 recurring then 10x=9.99999 recurring 9x=9 x=1 if 0.99999 recurring=1 then 0.3333333 recurring=1/3.Wikipedia doesn't agree with you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Darnell LD97
Stupid exam boards why is there no AS exams in january?

I know right :s-smilie:
Original post by LeoMantys
I know right :s-smilie:

It means that we can relax a bit until February half term/Easter-relaxing at AS is very hard work at GCSE though:colondollar:
The most fascinating thing I have read today: a covalent bond is actually an ionic bond and vice versa (at extremes)... :biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
It means that we can relax a bit until February half term/Easter-relaxing at AS is very hard work at GCSE though:colondollar:

But then, when it comes to may and June time, all of the exams will be piled up in a smaller time frame which equals more stress :s-smilie:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Are you going to sixth form or college?

Sixth form, my school has a pretty bad sixth form but I'm determined that it's not really the fault of the establishment. For the subjects I'm taking, the school is decent.

Also I just watched 'The Wolverine' last night, was a bit mediocre, I really hate Wolverine but the little preview for 'Days of Future Past' was awesome

Its going to be hard to remember everything, personally I think its better with two series of exams.
(edited 10 years ago)
I never said infinity has an end 0.3 with a dot on top is the exact decimal representation of 1/3.There are ways to prove that 1/3 equals exactly 0.3 recurring represented as a dot on the top.If x=0.999999 recurring then 10x=9.99999 recurring 9x=9 x=1 if 0.99999 recurring=1 then 0.3333333 recurring=1/3.Wikipedia doesn't agree with you.

I know that... Okay, whatever :tongue:

1/3 is more accurate imo
I didn't :tongue:

Dropped 2 in Bio and Chem.

My good news:

Attention:
I've been offered a place at a Private School on a Full Scholarship that I didn't even apply to :mmm:

So I'll be going there.

how the heck did you get a place if you didn't apply :lol:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
how the heck did you get a place if you didn't apply :lol:

:mmm: someone dropped out, they found me, asked for an interview, I passed interview, scholars agreed to fund me :biggrin:
2013-08-29 14.53.20.jpghahaha, I just realized that this book is not really popular in my area (library loans) :centipe::elefant::hat::headbang:
:mmm: someone dropped out, they found me, asked for an interview, I passed interview, scholars agreed to fund me :biggrin:

how did they find you?! were you in the paper for your gcses and a-level results or something? don't worry not everyone in private schools are really posh aha
I know that... Okay, whatever :tongue:

1/3 is more accurate imo

1/3 is 100% accurate and 0.3 with a dot above is 100% accurate-they both are exactly the same thing but 1/3 is the fraction representation of the number and 0.3 with a dot above is the decimal way of representing the number.It could ask in an exam what is the exact value of 1/3 in decimal form and the answer would be 0.3 with a dot on the top.1/3 is a lot neater so I use that generally instead of 0.3 with a dot on the top but I won't allow incorrect maths.

I don't think I get the same teacher for Further Maths though because I'm getting a minibus to another Sixth Form because not many people applied for Further Maths so my sixth form because its in partnership with 2 other Sixth Forms has agreed to send me off to another Sixth Form with whoever applied at my Sixth Form for Further Maths.Technically, you could say I'm going to attend 2 sixth forms.This could be a good thing though because I'm assuming the teacher at that Sixth Form is probably the most qualified.
Original post by Mathmaticious
Most definitely!! Do others not agree that it's the best subject ever?! :yep:

No Further Maths is the best subject ever much better than Maths-Maths doesn't go far enough.Techno836-I need you to add me to AQA Geography.
Anyone watching the live conversation in the house of commons about Syria?
Anyone watching the live conversation in the house of commons about Syria?

yes I am do you think we should intervene and go to war with Assads regime?
Original post by Darnell LD97
yes I am do you think we should intervene and go to war with Assads regime?

I don't really know because I'm not good at history and politics... I just watch it for... case of some interest... :colondollar:
I don't really know because I'm not good at history and politics... I just watch it for... case of some interest... :colondollar:

:grin: I love History but despise politics and I don't think its necessary for military intervention
Reply 2779
My other notebooks for sixth form arrived this morning. It feels real now haha

Latest