The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Good morning baltimore!
Original post by octoberbaby
Awful, awful night and someone else is feeling crap to and i'm just being a bitch cause it started out like trying to help them out and now it's about me and i just make everything about me and i'm an awful person and urgh see i'm even here talking about myself. im su ****ing ****.

:hugs:
right, getting out of bed.
Awful, awful night. On my way to work now and I have to pretend to be okay and I'm no where close.
:hugs: for all that need them, sorry I haven't been responding to anyone.
Im about to start uni and i have began to grow fear over social situations, i tend to avoid them and now uni is coming up i am dreading it! this is my story, i have always been a 'loud' person, i never had a care in the world. i used to talk freely in groups, with girls, presentations whatever. now in my 2 years of college it has been a living hell for me. when college started i never had any problems i was perfectly 'normal'. but one day it all changed, there was this one pretty girl on enrolment day and she came up to me and introduced herself and i just stood their, blank. somehow i couldnt speak or react, then she left (lol). I then felt my head, face, back and it was all sweating, especially my face it had looked like i came out out of a pool and ever since that day it has gone downhill. from that day one i used to hate doing group work, presentations. I used to worm my way into being with a few close friends group in each class so they would do the presenting, i told a few of my situation. Now, whenever i am on the spot i sweat like a pig and my heart starts to pulsate and my body feel warms then the sweat comes through, if i talk to peeps even boys i sweat ffs. i have not been able to get with a girl in my 2 years at college ffs. the sweating is a instant reaction, i have tried everything, changed diets,breathing, forced myself into situations. it aint worked. like i said i never had this till 2 years ago and now its playing on my mind and i purposely avoid social encounters as i know the taps will start leaking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Im about to start uni and i have began to grow fear over social situations, i tend to avoid them and now uni is coming up i am dreading it! this is my story, i have always been a 'loud' person, i never had a care in the world. i used to talk freely in groups, with girls, presentations whatever. now in my 2 years of college it has been a living hell for me. when college started i never had any problems i was perfectly 'normal'. but one day it all changed, there was this one pretty girl on enrolment day and she came up to me and introduced herself and i just stood their, blank. somehow i couldnt speak or react, then she left (lol). I then felt my head, face, back and it was all sweating, especially my face it had looked like i came out out of a pool and ever since that day it has gone downhill. from that day one i used to hate doing group work, presentations. I used to worm my way into being with a few close friends group in each class so they would do the presenting, i told a few of my situation. Now, whenever i am on the spot i sweat like a pig and my heart starts to pulsate and my body feel warms then the sweat comes through, if i talk to peeps even boys i sweat ffs. i have not been able to get with a girl in my 2 years at college ffs. the sweating is a instant reaction, i have tried everything, changed diets,breathing, forced myself into situations. it aint worked. like i said i never had this till 2 years ago and now its playing on my mind and i purposely avoid social encounters as i know the taps will start leaking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 6766
Original post by tasha96

:jumphug:
So glad you're getting some sleep. :hugs:
Doubt I'll sleep tonight- just spent the last half hour crying on the floor. :frown: Currently melting on a poor friend. :s-smilie:
Nothing planned for during the day but I have an interview in the evening for volunteering as a first aider with the red cross! :eek: Super nervous about it, I'm terrible at interviews. :erm:
What about you, have you any plans? :hugs:

Oh no hun! I hope you're feeling better today, don't feel bad about melting on your friend, I'm sure they were happy to listen and help :yep: Hope you're feeling much better this morning. Ooh wow, I totally know what you mean, I'm terrible at interviews too. But everyone will be nervous and you've just got to give it your best. I should think it will be more of a discussion about what you're expected to do and how it will all work etc, rather than them grilling you! I don't really, I didn't sleep much and now have a bad headache again. So probably trying to sleep. I may try and do some exercise too as I can feel my arteries furring up as we speak! I do far too much sitting around due to lack of motivation :erm:
Hope you have a great day, we'll catch up on Facebook soon :hugs:

Original post by octoberbaby
Awful, awful night. On my way to work now and I have to pretend to be okay and I'm no where close.
:hugs: for all that need them, sorry I haven't been responding to anyone.

So glad you're safe, sweetie. :hugs: I know it's so so hard to have to pretend you're okay at work, and it's exhausting :sadnod: If you ever want to talk though, feel free to drop a PM any time :jumphug:
Got through the night with only a few tears, but hearing my boyfriends voice cheered me up luckily. Gotta get through today, then im having a day off tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Same here.

Anything in particular set this off?

you seem pretty friendly on here :smile: nah not really, just wish i could be more friendly and talkative when meeting new people! i seem to have very little of a social life and when i do get the opportunity to go out and meet new people, i just end up sitting in the corner quietly saying nothing, coming across as a right weirdo. i just feel like i never have anything to say, or know how to enter a conversation, and when people ask me questions my mind goes blank and i end up mumbling a nonsensical answer and the person ends up walking swiftly away haha. :frown: sorry for the vent!
Original post by tasha96
Thank you! :hugs: I'm just really really impatient. :colondollar: Want to be back. :frown:
How are you doing? :hugs:

:hugs:

:smile::hugs:
Videos of two of my meeces (the other's asleep). :h:

Not the most thrilling videos ever, but they still look cute, and once they're less shy I should be able to take better ones. :smile:
Does anyone else feeling like vomming after taking ad's?
Original post by anonymouspie227

Is it a particular one that does it, or all antidepressants? I'm on clomipramine and certain brands/dosages are fine, but there's one particular variety that makes me throw up sometimes. Might be worth talking to your pharmacist about?

How long have you been on them as it ma be side effects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
Videos of two of my meeces (the other's asleep). :h:

Not the most thrilling videos ever, but they still look cute, and once they're less shy I should be able to take better ones. :smile:

I still admit grace is kinda cute :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you just starting them? A lot of ADs can cause nausea/vomiting as part of their side effects. I had pretty bad nausea on Sertraline and Venlafaxine, and I think on Citalopram as well... It's perfectly common, albeit not fun to experience.
Original post by Anonymous
Are you just starting them? A lot of ADs can cause nausea/vomiting as part of their side effects. I had pretty bad nausea on Sertraline and Venlafaxine, and I think on Citalopram as well... It's perfectly common, albeit not fun to experience.

Yes!! Sertaline. And yes they're new. Bahh. Not fun lol.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been on them for a few days. They're new. So they probably are side effects. But I didn't expect to get them.

Sorry, on Sertraline. Its not branded. But I'll see how it goes.

most likely side effects then, you just gotta wait it out im affraid, hopefully it will wear off.

hope your ok
i feel SO guilty because my "nanna" who isnt even my nanna is spending so much money on me atm, bought me and my mum coffee and cake yesterday, made me lunch todayh, gave me some money, AND taking me out for tea. i love her and everything, but why me and why not her own grand kids :s-smilie:
Feeling a bit better now. Sorry for last night.

Latest