The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
Sixth form, my school has a pretty bad sixth form but I'm determined that it's not really the fault of the establishment. For the subjects I'm taking, the school is decent.

Also I just watched 'The Wolverine' last night, was a bit mediocre, I really hate Wolverine but the little preview for 'Days of Future Past' was awesome

Where is your sixth form??
Mine is really terrible and im glad to finally be leaving lol, i really hate it.

Oh cool! I have never watched that, good if you liked it though!

Original post by LeoMantys
Anyone any different? :rolleyes:
2013-08-29 15.32.37.jpg

Hi! I will be going to college too!

My college dont give out these sample timetables! :unimpressed:
Quick question though: in the wednesday column, whats mass??

EDIT: Oh sorry, just realised several others have asked that question!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello :biggrin:

How are you? :smile:
Original post by Molly_xox
How are you? :smile:

Tired but fine thank you, how are you? Are you ready for college? :wink:
Anyone here started reading some books for preparotary reading if considering applying to Oxbridge? (I'm reading some for chemistry and I find them very interesting and bit complicated so I'm prepared to read them twice:wink:)
EDIT: here's the link for Cambridge ones: http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/reading
(edited 10 years ago)
Tired but fine thank you, how are you? Are you ready for college? :wink:

Yeah I'm shattered, I didn't sleep 'til 5am!

I just confirmed my subject choices and have everything but stationery...but I can't believe I'm this old already! :redface: you?
Yeah I'm shattered, I didn't sleep 'til 5am!

I just confirmed my subject choices and have everything but stationery...but I can't believe I'm this old already! :redface: you?

I took a nerdy approach to summer and didn't go on holidays but prepared myself for college and so I'm quite confident... by the way I'm sure that your college will give discounts to buying stationary.. and I've got so much that it would be nice to share but I don't know if there is a way hahahah:biggrin:
I can't believe that too... when I look back it feels like I was 12 years old yesterday xD
:tee:
I'm so bad at keeping up with this forum these days :frown:
Reply 2807
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm so bad at keeping up with this forum these days :frown:

I know you must have more of a life than us :rolleyes:
I took a nerdy approach to summer and didn't go on holidays but prepared myself for college and so I'm quite confident... by the way I'm sure that your college will give discounts to buying stationary.. and I've got so much that it would be nice to share but I don't know if there is a way hahahah:biggrin:
I can't believe that too... when I look back it feels like I was 12 years old yesterday xD
:tee:

Woah :O I was not that dedicated! :lol: which subjects are you taking?

Nope, we've tried :frown: I only need a few pens anyway :smile:
I know! Soon we'll be off to Uni and if that's not scary I don't know what is!
Original post by techno836
I know you must have more of a life than us :rolleyes:

I didn't mean it like that :lol: ! I mean I'm busy most days (I've had literally four 'days off' over the whole summer and this is one of them :tongue:) I just... I don't know, I'm not as interested in this forum as I used to be :frown:
Woah :O I was not that dedicated! :lol: which subjects are you taking?

Nope, we've tried :frown: I only need a few pens anyway :smile:
I know! Soon we'll be off to Uni and if that's not scary I don't know what is!

I'm taking Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further mathematics and I'm dedicating part of my life for the love of Chemistry. :smile:#
Uni... that'll be scary lol :s-smilie:
I'm taking Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further mathematics and I'm dedicating part of my life for the love of Chemistry. :smile:#
Uni... that'll be scary lol :s-smilie:

I'm taking Chemistry :smile:

Gosh I know, I can't imagine living away from home:redface:
Reply 2812
I didn't mean it like that :lol: ! I mean I'm busy most days (I've had literally four 'days off' over the whole summer and this is one of them :tongue:) I just... I don't know, I'm not as interested in this forum as I used to be :frown:

Haha and awww :frown: there are rather alot of new people than our old year 10 thread :wink:
Anyone here started reading some books for preparotary reading if considering applying to Oxbridge? (I'm reading some for chemistry and I find them very interesting and bit complicated so I'm prepared to read them twice:wink:)
EDIT: here's the link for Cambridge ones: http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/reading

There's so way in a million years I'd ever apply for Oxbridge but some of those books look really interesting, thanks a lot for the link :smile: .
Original post by techno836
Haha and awww :frown: there are rather alot of new people than our old year 10 thread :wink:

I think you, Shadab and I are the only year 10s still around :emo: . And I'm not even around much any more...
Original post by Infinity_4652
Why does life go so fast??!! I want to be forever young!! :bawling:

Yep, the past is the past and there's nothing much you can do about it now unfortunately! :frown:

Yep, you're right! Its just that they would normally consider us after the year 11s, so we are given the remaining places.
But they do not know about us, so they think we are year 11s.

Yh i know!!! My first day is on monday!!! :eek:
But i am really excited though!! :tongue:

Do you like my new picture? :tongue:
I see you have a new one too!

I know, I totally agree!

Forever young, I wanna be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever and ever

Yeah exactly, although I think in a way we might do better than some of the year 11 with similar GCSEs as we have motivation in a way and the previous experience :tongue:

Monday 2nd? I start the Monday after :redface: I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, probably a bit of both!

Yup, I do like it :wink: yeah I thought I needed a change! :cool:
Reply 2816
I think you, Shadab and I are the only year 10s still around :emo: . And I'm not even around much any more...

I know and dalek :rolleyes:

Shadab might even be leaving so it will just be me :cry2:
It just hit me, after all the years of sitting on the floor in ks3,and GCSE assembly, I'm finally grown up enough to be on the big boy chairs in a level assembly... Haha that sounds so sad

And I haven't got a single bit of stationary since my school gives us books to write in and I have a pen, am I missing something?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Question to you all,
What's the higher age you would date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophF_rth
I know, I totally agree!

Forever young, I wanna be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever and ever

Yeah exactly, although I think in a way we might do better than some of the year 11 with similar GCSEs as we have motivation in a way and the previous experience :tongue:

Monday 2nd? I start the Monday after :redface: I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, probably a bit of both!

Yup, I do like it :wink: yeah I thought I needed a change! :cool:

As long as i live, i want to be young. But sadly, thats not how life works! :frown:

I totally agree! Motivation and experience are probably the two most useful things we have gained from this year.

You have an extra week of summer! Enjoy it while it lasts! :tongue:
I feel that i have lost all my patience to wait for the summer to finish, so i am really happy and looking forward to monday!

Do you like nemo? :tongue:

Latest