Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Orthrus
Hahaha, awwh looks like you're in a bit of a pickle then! Ofcourse, you could always just leave them at home or something? Just put them back where you found them and hope you discover them again :laugh: I've not done anything with my alevel work either (You still have your gcse work!? Yeah, you're really bad at this!), i'll try to salvage the relevant things but i guess it'd be best to recycle the rest... not via a bonfire of course :innocent:
Yeah, i'll try not let it keep me down and out during freshers, 'cause that would kinda suck, but i'll just stock up on some cold/flu tablets or something just in case!

Haha yeah just leave it at my parents house forever... yeah well I put it in the study upstairs after gcse and forgot about it :') A level work will probably be thrown out first since thats actually in my room :') I'll probably just throw it all out, I'm hoping not to do the same topics in history that I've already studied! Yeah definitely the best option, I am loading up with ibuprofen/paracetamol/ beechams cold flu remedy (its like magic!) haha :') Gonna be a walking pharmacy :wink:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Prendah
Same course, grades and college accommodation. Are you me?

:shock: Hmmm I haven't been feeling my self lately so maybe :erm:
Reply 422
Original post by Orthrus

Oh right, right, that makes it a bit better then! At least you got to have the lions share of the beginning! And it can't have hurt to have had that over her for a bit :wink:
I know, but i'm just soooooooo bored - People are either off on holiday, at work, or just busy. :frown: Good to see it's not just me thinking about refreshing the old mind, especially since i've avoided any and all non essential maths for the past few months :tongue: A month from yesterday for me, and i got all my stuff today, so it seems so much nearer now!

Luckily ive been working quite a bit so it makes time go quicker i couldnt imagine having four months off and nothing to do, i'd be so bored. It's still an entire month so it feels like forever. Have you been doing anything during summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 423
Original post by HannahS95
Haha yeah just leave it at my parents house forever... yeah well I put it in the study upstairs after gcse and forgot about it :') A level work will probably be thrown out first since thats actually in my room :') I'll probably just throw it all out, I'm hoping not to do the same topics in history that I've already studied! Yeah definitely the best option, I am loading up with ibuprofen/paracetamol/ beechams cold flu remedy (its like magic!) haha :') Gonna be a walking pharmacy :wink:

Either forever, or until you can restart your hoarding obsession :') Wow, nobody must not go into your study very often at all, my mam would have thrown it away after a week or so!
But yeah, fair enough throwing your alevel stuff out 'cause i imagine history probably branches to lots of time period through uni :tongue: you could start a secret pharmaceutical ring in county for all the freshers flu that'll inevitably come! Although, i think that'd be kinda illegal :lol:
Reply 424
Original post by katie55
Luckily ive been working quite a bit so it makes time go quicker i couldnt imagine having four months off and nothing to do, i'd be so bored. It's still an entire month so it feels like forever. Have you been doing anything during summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you! I applied everywhere, and barely got a few unsuccessful replies :colonhash: i'm fully employed as a couch potato at the moment, so i'm either sat at home or in the pub with mates most the time :tongue: i still don't understand, why does this holiday have to be so long?! D:
Reply 425
Original post by Orthrus
Lucky you! I applied everywhere, and barely got a few unsuccessful replies :colonhash: i'm fully employed as a couch potato at the moment, so i'm either sat at home or in the pub with mates most the time :tongue: i still don't understand, why does this holiday have to be so long?! D:

I've worked there for 3 years now so I was just lucky. They only offered me 4 hours though so I freaked and applied to everything going and like you unsuccessful no one wants to hire people leaving in a few months. I think it's so long on the theory that you can get a job and save up for the next year they don't consider the fact that there are very few jobs around. A couch potatoe doesn't sound too bad :P
Reply 426
Alright guys!

Course: Spanish Studies
Offer: AAB
Results: D* D* C (lucky to get in!)
College: Bowland, Ash House

(Bringing my TV and Xbox 360 (Pre-ordered Xbox One)
Original post by bpool321
Alright guys!

I don't know which TV to bring :colondollar: I'm scared if I bring the bigger one it wont fit in my room (it's 32inch) also high 5 for the Xbox :biggrin: even though my xbox live runs out the day I get to Lancaster :unimpressed:
Reply 428
Original post by Orthrus
Either forever, or until you can restart your hoarding obsession :') Wow, nobody must not go into your study very often at all, my mam would have thrown it away after a week or so!
But yeah, fair enough throwing your alevel stuff out 'cause i imagine history probably branches to lots of time period through uni :tongue: you could start a secret pharmaceutical ring in county for all the freshers flu that'll inevitably come! Although, i think that'd be kinda illegal :lol:

Nah not really, it's just for like filing and storing books mainly :') and I can use the excuse that I'm saving them for my kids... Not that they'd want them but shush :wink:
Yeah I'm really hoping not to do the same stuff again, done Russia to death at gcse and a level! And I'm not the biggest fan of our other two topics :') plus a level doesn't go into enough detail for degree anyway so :') hahaha yeah, surreptitiously selling beechams behind county south :wink: maybe a little illegal... :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Nah not really, it's just for like filing and storing books mainly :') and I can use the excuse that I'm saving them for my kids... Not that they'd want them but shush :wink:
Yeah I'm really hoping not to do the same stuff again, done Russia to death at gcse and a level! And I'm not the biggest fan of our other two topics :') plus a level doesn't go into enough detail for degree anyway so :') hahaha yeah, surreptitiously selling beechams behind county south :wink: maybe a little illegal... :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, that's a good excuse, i bet you've been using that one for a while! Let's cross our fingers that all that we learnt at gcse is still right whenever your kids take them then :lol:
You did russia at gcse?! That sounds so much more interesting than the lead up to ww1 and civil rights movement my high school did :rolleyes: Not enough detail? Wow, i know so many people who'd disagree with that, but fair enough considering you're a keen historian!*
It's only illegal if they catch you doing it :wink:*

Original post by katie55
I've worked there for 3 years now so I was just lucky. They only offered me 4 hours though so I freaked and applied to everything going and like you unsuccessful no one wants to hire people leaving in a few months. I think it's so long on the theory that you can get a job and save up for the next year they don't consider the fact that there are very few jobs around. A couch potatoe doesn't sound too bad :P

Oh, that's 3 years is quite a long time! Where did you work like? Hmmm, i have a few friends who got jobs even though they're going away soon enough - it's really irritating actually considering how lacking in experience a few of them are! Being a coach potato is awful... i've even been going on random walks and watching celeb BB this year, out of pure unadultered boredom D:
Reply 430
Original post by JordanS94
I don't know which TV to bring :colondollar: I'm scared if I bring the bigger one it wont fit in my room (it's 32inch) also high 5 for the Xbox :biggrin: even though my xbox live runs out the day I get to Lancaster :unimpressed:

Xbox all the way!! Hmm well I'm bringing my 32 I think haha! I hope it fits, my small tv is rather poor now :P mine can go on the wall actually, not done that at home, but if it doesn't fit then maybe I'll try do that (Hopefully without breaking it :biggrin:)
Reply 431
Anyone studying Spanish? Or another Language? :smile:
Xbox all the way!! Hmm well I'm bringing my 32 I think haha! I hope it fits, my small tv is rather poor now :P mine can go on the wall actually, not done that at home, but if it doesn't fit then maybe I'll try do that (Hopefully without breaking it :biggrin:)

Mine is currently on my wall ... but are you allowed to do that in halls? :s-smilie: It's either 32 inch or 19 inch but I don't know if I can go back to a tv that small :lol:

Anyone else feel like they got lucky for being able to arrive on the 28th? the extra day to me would feel like a year knowing others would be there already .
Alright guys!

I'm sure you'll have a great time really though. There's some real 'characters' in Ash House, I think they must be drawn in by the low price.
Reply 434
Original post by Orthrus

Oh, that's 3 years is quite a long time! Where did you work like? Hmmm, i have a few friends who got jobs even though they're going away soon enough - it's really irritating actually considering how lacking in experience a few of them are! Being a coach potato is awful... i've even been going on random walks and watching celeb BB this year, out of pure unadultered boredom D:

Tesco, not the best but I get paid more then all my friends and can get a lot of overtime which is useful. Where I live I think they all want people to work permanently although Wetherspoons rang me up for an interview a few weeks ago, but that was a bit late when I applied in June and was hoping to start in July. I'm hoping I might be able to get a part-time job in Lancaster when I get there though.

Celeb BB you should be ashamed of yourself, random walks is probably not too bad it's exercise :P I've told myself I'm going to start jogging when I get to Lancaster but my get fit regime is already going down hill and I refuse to jog around here as everyone knows everyone. I'm hoping to join a sporting society possibly kayaking or something although I will probably get scared and run away :P
Reply 435
Original post by Orthrus
Hahaha, that's a good excuse, i bet you've been using that one for a while! Let's cross our fingers that all that we learnt at gcse is still right whenever your kids take them then :lol:
You did russia at gcse?! That sounds so much more interesting than the lead up to ww1 and civil rights movement my high school did :rolleyes: Not enough detail? Wow, i know so many people who'd disagree with that, but fair enough considering you're a keen historian!*
It's only illegal if they catch you doing it :wink:*

Hahaha no I meant I'd keep my old toys for my kids :') ill throw out my gcse stuff eventually :') yeah, I guess it was quite cool but then we did the same topic at AS! Only good bit was we went to Russia end of year 12! Civil rights movement sounds cool! It goes into a lot of details but its not enough for degree level is all :') truuue, can just picture it now, me running away from the porters :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 436
Haha, I hope it is'nt that bad!! I didn't pay much attention to which accomodation, just saw it was only 90 pounds a week lol.

I'm sure you'll have a great time really though. There's some real 'characters' in Ash House, I think they must be drawn in by the low price.
Reply 437
Original post by katie55
Tesco, not the best but I get paid more then all my friends and can get a lot of overtime which is useful. Where I live I think they all want people to work permanently although Wetherspoons rang me up for an interview a few weeks ago, but that was a bit late when I applied in June and was hoping to start in July. I'm hoping I might be able to get a part-time job in Lancaster when I get there though.

Celeb BB you should be ashamed of yourself, random walks is probably not too bad it's exercise :P I've told myself I'm going to start jogging when I get to Lancaster but my get fit regime is already going down hill and I refuse to jog around here as everyone knows everyone. I'm hoping to join a sporting society possibly kayaking or something although I will probably get scared and run away :P

I know what you mean, i've been getting a few replies from applications i made in may :rolleyes: Yeah, i think we're pretty much all hoping to get some means of extra cash - if you're lucky, you might even get a part time at one of the campus shops and stuff! Although, competition might be pretty fierce with how lazy most of us are.

I am ashamed :ashamed2: I used to go running in my area, but a combination of early mornings and passing by people i knew deterred me. I much prefer doing manlycompetitive sports like football and badminton, but i definitely want to check new stuff out too... like archery or something :biggrin:

Hahaha no I meant I'd keep my old toys for my kids :') ill throw out my gcse stuff eventually :') yeah, I guess it was quite cool but then we did the same topic at AS! Only good bit was we went to Russia end of year 12! Civil rights movement sounds cool! It goes into a lot of details but its not enough for degree level is all :') truuue, can just picture it now, me running away from the porters :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, i was thinking that it'd be a strange move to keep your old revision notes for your kids :lol: Right, keeping the dolls is a lot more normal, but they'll be falling apart by that time... they might even be worth a lot by then! Yeah, i can see how doing the same topic again could be kinda irritating, then again you would have that advantage of already being a bit aware of all the happenings :') Why does everyone else seem to have gone on some brilliant college trip?! The best i got was a trip to the local fair for 'physics revision' :tongue:
Original post by SpiggyTopes
How is everyone getting there, and how long do you think it will take?

I'm coming from Cheshire so it should take me about 1hr15 in the car. :smile:

I know this message is 2 weeks old but high 5 about Cheshire :ahee: I'm guessing you're more north than me because it takes me 1 hour 15 mins to get to Manchester :colondollar:
Reply 439
What type of things is everyone buying for university? Still haven't bought anything besides a laptop at the moment :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending