The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Pandora.
Which halls are you in? :smile:

Norfolk Terrace (my first choice) in the ziggurats :biggrin:
Reply 1881
Original post by furryface12
I am :biggrin: Are you going to the open day on Monday by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay! :five: It looks fab, but I've never been to a city that big before, never mind lived in one! :eek:

I'm not, no. :redface: Please let me know how you find it! (I assume you're going?)

Original post by lilGem
Norfolk Terrace (my first choice) in the ziggurats :biggrin:
Oh wow! They look so strange, but I bet they'll make for a great time. :biggrin: Have you managed to find any neighbours on TSR?
Yay! :five: It looks fab, but I've never been to a city that big before, never mind lived in one! :eek:

I'm not, no. :redface: Please let me know how you find it! (I assume you're going?)

I am, and I will! I've been to London and places, but not at all sure about living in one as you say! Cities are scary, I'll keep my small town any day :colondollar: But Edinburgh looks really good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1883
Original post by furryface12
I am, and I will! I've been to London and places, but not at all sure about living in one as you say! Cities are scary, I'll keep my small town any day :colondollar: But Edinburgh looks really good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! :h: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, there's usually loads of shops and parks etc, which would be lovely. Thinking about it, 2/3 of my current uni ideas are in cities. :teehee:

Which course are you thinking of? :smile:
Reply 1884
It does seem like a really strange idea! I'm actually really liking it though, especially considering how indecisive I can be. I can't find much info about it though, there must be something on TSR...

Joint honours is also starting to look a bit more appealing... hmm..... I don't like the idea of feeling like 'half' a student though, of that makes sense.

Anybody else considering Edinburgh? :smile:

You thinking of joint honours in related subjects or completely different? I don't think it makes you a half student, it probably looks just as good. Many American degrees are joint honours, students 'major' in one subject and 'minor' in another.
I've been thinking about natural sciences so I can do more than just physics, but I think I'd rather just physics.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Thank you! :h: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, there's usually loads of shops and parks etc, which would be lovely. Thinking about it, 2/3 of my current uni ideas are in cities. :teehee:

Which course are you thinking of? :smile:

Yeah, several of mine are too! I'm thinking of physics and music, you? There are definite advantages to cities, I'll see at uni but I think I'll stick to avoiding them if I can help it later on in life :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1886

Oh wow! They look so strange, but I bet they'll make for a great time. :biggrin: Have you managed to find any neighbours on TSR?

We're only given the hall rather than the flat and room number :redface:

Found a few people in the hall though :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
We're only given the hall rather than the flat and room number :redface:

Found a few people in the hall though :biggrin:

Just a general question here :colondollar:

what year are you in / how old are you :lol:
Reply 1888
Original post by techno836
Just a general question here :colondollar:

what year are you in / how old are you :lol:

I will be a first year at university next month and 19 :colondollar:

I feel so old on here, but I love the regulars on this thread so I'm sticking around :yep:
Original post by lilGem
I will be a first year at university next month and 19 :colondollar:

I feel so old on here, but I love the regulars on this thread so I'm sticking around :yep:

Ohh se i wasn't sure if you was 1st year or year 13 :colondollar: what you doing and where :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
I'll update you when my year long modules are put in :biggrin:

Oh good :biggrin: I can't wait to hear about the subject when you've had lectures etc :colondollar:

Although I'm not applying for a straight biology degree anymore, a lot of my modules are biological so I'm extremely happy! :smile: Luckily animal behaviour and biodiversity are included, plus other modules from a biology degree :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1891
Original post by techno836
Ohh se i wasn't sure if you was 1st year or year 13 :colondollar: what you doing and where :biggrin:

UEA biological sciences :love:

Original post by Lucy96
Oh good :biggrin: I can't wait to hear about the subject when you've had lectures etc :colondollar:

Although I'm not applying for a straight biology degree anymore, a lot of my modules are biological so I'm extremely happy! :smile: Luckily animal behaviour and biodiversity are included, plus other modules from a biology degree :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be sure to keep you updated, I'll try my best to anyway :yep:

ooh animal behaviour, the closest I have to that is behavioural ecology as a second year option :redface:

Awh sounds like a great course, you must let me know how things go :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem

ooh animal behaviour, the closest I have to that is behavioural ecology as a second year option :redface:

Ooh wow so without a rather stupid answer please (meaning just don't answer biology):colondollar: what does that involve ?
Original post by lilGem

Thank you :biggrin: Yeah, obviously you're going to be very busy so I understand if not :h:

And that'll be very interesting :biggrin:

I definitely will :yep: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any Londoners sorted out their oyster card stuff?
Wowww this year has gone so so fast! :O

I'm hoping to do Modern Languages with Business Management at university :smile:

AS Levels: French (A), Spanish (A), Maths (B), Music (B)
A2 Levels: French (predicted A*/A), Spanish (predicted A), Maths (predicted B)
University choices: ​Nottingham, Birmingham, Lancaster, Leeds, Queen Mary
Original post by ethery
Okay, so here's a lame attempt to start a conversation for our first year 13 board:

what exam result of those you received on Thursday are you proudest of? Whether it be a single paper or an overall grade. :smile:

I'm definitely most proud of my French grade (A). At the start of this year I was predicted a D, in March I was predicted a C and in my exam i actually got 90% overall across my speaking and written paper, so I'm now on target for an A*!

:eek::colondollar:
Original post by Endless Blue
Forever? I like TSR, but I don't think it's that great. What course/unis are you thinking of?

Maths at Newcastle, Durham,Warwick,Oxford/Cambridge(depends on AS UMS) and Northumbria-there is a very small possibility I will take Physics but I should be taking Maths.I'm worried about moving away from home though.Is there anywhere where I can speak to people and find out home they moved away from home.
Reply 1898
Original post by Dalek1099
Maths at Newcastle, Durham,Warwick,Oxford/Cambridge(depends on AS UMS) and Northumbria-there is a very small possibility I will take Physics but I should be taking Maths.I'm worried about moving away from home though.Is there anywhere where I can speak to people and find out home they moved away from home.

What aspect are you worried about? Is it the coping on your own or missing the family, something else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 1899
Is it me or is anyone else fairly scared about the looks of A2 maths? :cry2:

Latest