The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

how many people share an apartment? I am in britten house? .. Also it might sound stupid but do they have an oven and fridge and microwave and stuff or...? Just because you can buy an ultimate luxury kitchen pack?! So I don't know what I need to get?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by MeredithGrey13
how many people share an apartment? I am in britten house? .. Also it might sound stupid but do they have an oven and fridge and microwave and stuff or...? Just because you can buy an ultimate luxury kitchen pack?! So I don't know what I need to get?

8 or 12 people depending on the flat. you get a microwave oven (basically a microwave with an oven setting) and a fridge & freezer.
Reply 3942
Original post by jelly1000
no idea sorry. never been there and never met anyone who lived there!

It's okay :h:
How many flats are in paston house and how many share a flat?
Anyone still waiting to hear back from UEA about where they have been put.

Cause I am! :s-smilie:
Reply 3945
Original post by Bogna Maria
mine are helping me too cause we're driving from poland and someone has to get all the stuff from the car to the dorm xd

There will be student ambassadors there to help with this as well :smile: but as already said nearly everyone has parents helping as well.

Original post by lilGem
It's okay :h:

If you google a picture of the ziggurats you can see their size, as it's pretty much one flat per floor in each point. But I'm not sure what happens with the very top floors as I know there aren't flats of 0 or 2 lol.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lola Bello
Hey to answer your question, people who apply through clearing do have priority as they have been guaranteed a place and I have friends who have applied this year through clearing and have gotten places.
but yh I agree that we should wait till September 2nd too see what happens.

some were but UEA have turned round to a load of people who were supposedly said your guarenteed accomodation and put them on the waiting list
Reply 3947
That's perfectly normal, everyone I know of had parents help them move in and out.

*phew* that's good, didn't want to be the only one haha

Original post by MeredithGrey13
My parents are too! I was wondering the same thing! :P

yeah it seems like everyone will be having parents coming along :biggrin:

Original post by lilGem
My mum is helping me too :smile:

haha I think my whole family is coming :colondollar:

Original post by Bogna Maria
mine are helping me too cause we're driving from poland and someone has to get all the stuff from the car to the dorm xd

I heard student ambassadors can help you bring your stuff to your room too ^^
This question may be too early (and too dumb lol) to ask but talking about shopping, I heard you can book a delivery. Does that refer to online shopping right from the store website, or you can also book even if you actually shop at the store already (but having no vehicle to bring stuffs home)? Thats how it is in my home country, not so sure about the UK, thats why :colondollar: Also, in either case, if I'm living on campus, what should the delivery address be? Normally the address is directed at the Post Room I know, but I think in this case it should be made directly to my residence yeah?
Reply 3949
[QUOTE="kpwxx;44250903"]

If you google a picture of the ziggurats you can see their size, as it's pretty much one flat per floor in each point. But I'm not sure what happens with the very top floors as I know there aren't flats of 0 or 2 lol.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Thank you :h:
Does anyone know if the en suites have mirrors in the bathrooms? Also, I'm bringing my TV with me so I'll need an aerial but I have no idea which one! Apparently the strength of the aerial you need depends on the signal at the accommodation - I'm assuming each house (Coleman. Britten etc..) has an outside aerial?
Original post by R3cognize
Does anyone know if the en suites have mirrors in the bathrooms? Also, I'm bringing my TV with me so I'll need an aerial but I have no idea which one! Apparently the strength of the aerial you need depends on the signal at the accommodation - I'm assuming each house (Coleman. Britten etc..) has an outside aerial?

the ensuites have small mirrors above the sink. and UEA advise that the signal isn't really good enough in halls for a tv. maybe ive missed something but ive never seen an outside aerial.
Original post by pimtpopnrg
This question may be too early (and too dumb lol) to ask but talking about shopping, I heard you can book a delivery. Does that refer to online shopping right from the store website, or you can also book even if you actually shop at the store already (but having no vehicle to bring stuffs home)? Thats how it is in my home country, not so sure about the UK, thats why :colondollar: Also, in either case, if I'm living on campus, what should the delivery address be? Normally the address is directed at the Post Room I know, but I think in this case it should be made directly to my residence yeah?

if its food your having delivered then the drivers go as near to the entrance to your block in halls as you can. if its anything else it gets delivered to the postroom and you get an email telling you that you have a parcel. some supermarkets do offer to deliver your shopping home if you've already bought it there but not all. the address is the same regardless as the postroom sort out mail by residence, if your on campus it should be:

YOUR NAME (YOUR SCHOOL INITIAL E.G LAW, CHE, PSI)
YOUR HALL
UEA
NORWICH
NR4 7TJ
NR4 7TJ
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3953
Anyone else still waiting on their accommodation offer? I'm not panicking at all.....
This is a random question but how are people moving their stuff to uni e.g are you just using boxes or suitcase etc. ?????
Original post by jenny7425
This is a random question but how are people moving their stuff to uni e.g are you just using boxes or suitcase etc. ?????

atm, 1 big suitcase, 2 big clear boxes, one cardboard box for cups/plates/saucepans,guitar bags, whatever else will go in plastic bags
I have my accommodation offer but am having trouble logging on to the room page to accept the offer. Is anyone else having issues? Am scared that I am going to lose my room offer.
if its food your having delivered then the drivers go as near to the entrance to your block in halls as you can.

Ahh so thats how its done. Thank youuu :wink:
Original post by Pyroma
Anyone else still waiting on their accommodation offer? I'm not panicking at all.....

I am still waiting to get mine. What course are you doing?

Doesnt make sense for us to get in this late. I called them yesterday and told me everything was in order but now just waiting for it to come through.... :frown:
Reply 3959
Just wondering, do you pay the whole accommodation fees for the year in advance or do you pay each term?

Latest

Trending

Trending