Scroll to see replies

Reply 5700
Original post by iRush
I did so much :awesome:

:love:

Original post by jam277
Are you fernando torres by any chance?

Nice. :holmes:
Kaka said: "I want to leave. The best thing for me and for the club is if I leave."

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea.
Original post by Nickini
If Wallace does well at Inter he could return next year and rotate with Azpi, allowing Ivanovic to play CB more often. He looked very good in preseason, but he didn't have much defensive work to do and it was against poor opposition so I guess we'll see. If that does happen I think we'll be fine for CB for another season, perhaps start looking for a replacement for Terry unless Chalobah or Kalas can step up.

Agree here.

As far as I know Mazzari likes the 3-5-2 system, so it'll interesting to see how he develops in that formation. Chalobah I don't think played many games as a CB at Watford, and think he mentioned that he feels more comfortable as a DM (not sure if it was him or Aké but I believe it was Chalobah). Kalas we'll have to see. Already has a cap for Portugal and he made it out of Vitesse so he must be good!
Original post by jam277
Good to hear that about eto'o. He'll be good under mourinho if that's the case I feel.

Thought there was an ulterior motive in getting atsu tbf.

Pretty much what I was saying, remember essien can play there if needed and tbh I can trust him at full back or even CB, Cahill and terry seems like the best partnership though.

Tbh it's obvious that terry should have played more last season, I was never convinced with luiz/ivan and cahill/luiz as they have too many individual faults, while terry only lacks pace but is great at every other side of the game. I know he's got stick over the racism case, but in being a defender he's still top class. If we get a CB, they need to be as good as terry imo otherwise it's basically adding to an already congested squad.

Yep, makes sense. Essien would work fine as a RB but not against strong opposition tbh. I did hear a few complaints about him being there but yes, he can cover there if needed. No idea about CB though!

Interestingly enough though we had conceded the least goals / got the most clean sheets (don't remember which), with Ivan/Luiz as the pairing though.
Reply 5703
Original post by The Assassin
Kaka said: "I want to leave. The best thing for me and for the club is if I leave."

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea.

Agree here.

As far as I know Mazzari likes the 3-5-2 system, so it'll interesting to see how he develops in that formation. Chalobah I don't think played many games as a CB at Watford, and think he mentioned that he feels more comfortable as a DM (not sure if it was him or Aké but I believe it was Chalobah). Kalas we'll have to see. Already has a cap for Portugal and he made it out of Vitesse so he must be good!

Yep, makes sense. Essien would work fine as a RB but not against strong opposition tbh. I did hear a few complaints about him being there but yes, he can cover there if needed. No idea about CB though!

Interestingly enough though we had conceded the least goals / got the most clean sheets (don't remember which), with Ivan/Luiz as the pairing though.

Tbf yeah I agree with the clean sheet stuff, I'd say thats also down to us bucking our ideas up and playing better as a team, and the fact they were our only pairing after january onwards when they got used to benitez and cahill/terry were injured/not fully fit.
Original post by mrmicrosoft
I really think Berbatov would have been a better option for us

I think Eto is to old to be honest just Berbatov, I don't mean to sound like Wenger however I believe Chelsea needs a young striker like Morta (real Madrid player) who if was playing first team football every week would blossom into a world class striker like Torres in his Athletico Madrid and Liverpool days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matthewmurphy321
I think Eto is to old to be honest just Berbatov, I don't mean to sound like Wenger however I believe Chelsea needs a young striker like Morta (real Madrid player) who if was playing first team football every week would blossom into a world class striker like Torres in his Athletico Madrid and Liverpool days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you forgotten about Lukaku? Last I checked he was a very promising young striker but at Chelsea youth are pushed aside for ready made players. He obviously needs consistent game time and he won't get it at Chelsea, he should have been sent on loan again to a club in a European competition. It would have been best for his development
Reply 5706
anyone know anything about christian atsu?! i can't believe we are signign another attacking midfielder!
Original post by sevchenko
Have you forgotten about Lukaku? Last I checked he was a very promising young striker but at Chelsea youth are pushed aside for ready made players. He obviously needs consistent game time and he won't get it at Chelsea, he should have been sent on loan again to a club in a European competition. It would have been best for his development[/ I agree completely and it's a shame such a young talent been wasted on the bench however I think he makes his biggest impacts when coming of the bench. For example when he scored a hat trick against Man United for West Brom last season that was coming of the bench!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manty
anyone know anything about christian atsu?! i can't believe we are signign another attacking midfielder!

It's getting stupid now! In my opinion we need a new CB and should dispatch of Torres and Ba.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree completely and it's a shame such a young talent been wasted on the bench however I think he makes his biggest impacts when coming of the bench. For example when he scored a hat trick against Man United for West Brom last season that was coming of the bench!

Lukaku isn't a super sub, he deserves much better than that. I'm surprised he didn't even get a look in during the Utd game. Schurrle was totally ineffective against Utd's back line, even though the supply was poor the times when he did get the ball he often lost it or chose the wrong pass. Lukaku would have at least unsettled Utd's back line and held up the ball for Hazard or De Bruyne. Imo he's more effective at impacting the game than Torres and Ba
Reply 5710
Original post by sevchenko
Lukaku isn't a super sub, he deserves much better than that. I'm surprised he didn't even get a look in during the Utd game. Schurrle was totally ineffective against Utd's back line, even though the supply was poor the times when he did get the ball he often lost it or chose the wrong pass. Lukaku would have at least unsettled Utd's back line and held up the ball for Hazard or De Bruyne. Imo he's more effective at impacting the game than Torres and Ba

I wouldn't say he should be starting yet, unlike sturridge where every striker was terrible and he was clearly the best we have the situation of getting an experienced striker in eto'o. We'll flog a striker, ba would be easiest but I won't be surprised to see a shock offer for torres at a lower club or atletico possibly.

He offers more than torres and ba for sure, I guess it's similar to the hulk situation at brazil, get them to do dirty work for 60mins and get the better player to destroy them when they're tired.
Reply 5711
It's getting stupid now! In my opinion we need a new CB and should dispatch of Torres and Ba.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're fine in CB depth, if we get a new CB they have to be as good as terry, there's no point getting someone of cahill's/luiz's quality when we arguably have the best ever CB to play for us. At worst kalas can play there, he got a cap for his country I hear and we have another 2 CB's in front of him(ivan and luiz)
Reply 5712
Original post by jam277
We're fine in CB depth, if we get a new CB they have to be as good as terry, there's no point getting someone of cahill's/luiz's quality when we arguably have the best ever CB to play for us. At worst kalas can play there, he got a cap for his country I hear and we have another 2 CB's in front of him(ivan and luiz)

David Luiz is far superior to both Cahill and Terry, in terms of footballing talent he has it all, just is being played out of position.
Reply 5713
Original post by manty
David Luiz is far superior to both Cahill and Terry, in terms of footballing talent he has it all, just is being played out of position.

But if CB ain't his position, then he's not the best defender on the team. he's poor in the air and only wins 3/5s of his aerial duels, I rate his range of passing and what he does on the ball but we don't need a CB who does that as terry and cahill are decent enough passers from the back and it never stopped us back in 2010 not having a ball playing CB like luiz.

I do rate the guy, he's got it all and could be one of the greats, but I'm scared of which luiz will turn up, with terry you know when he's fit he'll put in a good performance but with luiz you can get the confeds performance where he was shocking then you get the confeds final performance where he was motm with neymar. If he was consistent we'd have the best CB in the world problem is that he isn't enough. I think he should rotate with cahill for CB spot.
Original post by jam277
But if CB ain't his position, then he's not the best defender on the team. he's poor in the air and only wins 3/5s of his aerial duels, I rate his range of passing and what he does on the ball but we don't need a CB who does that as terry and cahill are decent enough passers from the back and it never stopped us back in 2010 not having a ball playing CB like luiz.

I do rate the guy, he's got it all and could be one of the greats, but I'm scared of which luiz will turn up, with terry you know when he's fit he'll put in a good performance but with luiz you can get the confeds performance where he was shocking then you get the confeds final performance where he was motm with neymar. If he was consistent we'd have the best CB in the world problem is that he isn't enough. I think he should rotate with cahill for CB spot.

I think he could be the best CDM in the world if he was played in that position again. Also I think Terry is the best however he dose not have many years left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5715
Hopefully Roman isn't still jacking off every night thinking about Kaka. Don't need him here whatsoever :colonhash:
Close to buying Atsu, will send on loan away to Vitesse for the season apparently.

I'm so done man stop buying wingers. :rofl:

Or loan us a couple. :puppyeyes:
Eto'o in 2004 - "I would rather be selling groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea"

lol. u wot m8?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5718
Original post by jam277

Personally i think he should play CDM with Van Ginkel, they would be ideal IMO. I do agree, with the point about airily luiz not being ood enough though.
Reply 5719
Eto'o in 2004 - "I would rather be selling groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea"

lol. u wot m8?
Internet rumour apparently, he never actually said that.

Latest