Me?:lol:

lol he asked what is the scholarship for not "WHO"
:colone: :biggrin:
Original post by parasagarwal01
lol he asked what is the scholarship for not "WHO"
:colone: :biggrin:

I'm a thing too :wink:
Someone please help me!

I got 9A* and 3A grades last week for my GCSEs and am thinking about taking the International Baccalaureate next week, does anyone know anything about it? Is it too hard, worthwhile, should I just stick to A-Levels?

Any advice appreciated! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heytherehello
I'm doing History, Philosophy & Ethics, Latin and Gov & Pol at A-Level. Is that good?

They're all well respected subjects - what are you thinking about for university?
how clever do you have to be to get a scholarship at schools like harrow?
Original post by Millerman
how clever do you have to be to get a scholarship at schools like harrow?

Academics only go so far.

In my interview they wanted extra curriculars and personality as well as my qualifications.

Charity Work and Volunteering.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

In my interview they wanted extra curriculars and personality as well as my qualifications.

so like i do tutoring and stuff like that, is that good?

Urmmmm... That's still academic.
Urmmmm... That's still academic.

sports, helping out at this kids summer camp?
So I have been so busy and haven't been able to post my results.
Achieved A*-B grades woooop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8691
Original post by Olympiad
So I have been so busy and haven't been able to post my results.
Achieved A*-B grades woooop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! What A levels you doing now?
Apparently gradeinfo.co.uk tells you cool stuff about your results. I can seem to find this feature, any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They also quite often want to get into the way you think.

I got a scholarship on a 6th form entrance exam designed to show your thought processes - academic excellence, extra curriculars, qualifications and awards are all good "stuff", but some tough exams are put together to find out what makes up the very substance of you! They can be pretty fun to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that is certainly good - it shows you take your academic side and put it to good use by passing it on. That is not just purely academic and shows real initiative and purpose, very good stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JakeWerth
They also quite often want to get into the way you think.

I got a scholarship on a 6th form entrance exam designed to show your thought processes - academic excellence, extra curriculars, qualifications and awards are all good "stuff", but some tough exams are put together to find out what makes up the very substance of you! They can be pretty fun to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I actually didn't have to sit exams (everyone else did) so I forgot to mention that!
Yes, I actually didn't have to sit exams (everyone else did) so I forgot to mention that!

People can be offered 6th form scholarships based on attainment at GCSE, presuming that was the case with you? Certain amount of GCSEs taken, or a certain number of A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People can be offered 6th form scholarships based on attainment at GCSE, presuming that was the case with you? Certain amount of GCSEs taken, or a certain number of A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was because there was a last minute drop out that they needed to fill... They found me :tongue:

But everyone else who applied had to sit examinations.
No, it was because there was a last minute drop out that they needed to fill... They found me :tongue:

But everyone else who applied had to sit examinations.

Well that's pretty good then! Lol, of course you wouldn't go through examination this late in the day :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's pretty good then! Lol, of course you wouldn't go through examination this late in the day :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was very lucky :tongue:

I start Wednesday :teeth: