The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by spiral101
no not yet
:s-smilie:

ass soon as you know them let me know and I'll ad you :h:
Original post by techno836
no this was a different teacher from end of year 10, she left on maternity leave and never came back :colone: ... and my old english teacher who she covered for, he wasn't happy but he said there wasn't much we could do :sigh: .... and no :frown: *bigger sigh* i got an A in language :smile:

You seem suspiciously happy about your first teachers departure....
Oh well! Now you've got A-Levels to look forward to :smile:
Congratulations at your A in English Language though
techno:

Edexcel Maths
AQA Economics
OCR Politics
OCR Latin

(Didn't know all exam boards until today and wanted to give you them in one post.) Thanks!
Reply 3103
Original post by EvasiveRose
You seem suspiciously happy about your first teachers departure....
Oh well! Now you've got A-Levels to look forward to :smile:
Congratulations at your A in English Language though

haha maybe :colone: she was rather evil :lol: an yep :woo: no more english :woo:

and thanks, it took quite a bit of work to get it :awesome:
Original post by LeFailFish
Awesome :biggrin: well if you do publish them, tell me, or I could PM you my email and you could just email me? I've considered having a blog, but I don't think I would remember to update it often enough :s-smilie: I'm bad enough at updating my fanfictions. I'm not sure I have anything I'm that happy with at the moment, but as soon as I do I'll be quite happy for you to read it! :smile:

It gets kind of addictive, I find myself writing too much of it and not enough original stuff now. I'm trying to cut down, but when you're in the middle of a really long fanfiction story that's quite hard to do. :colondollar:

Some people do like planning! I think it can really help some stories, and I love planning characters and places, I just don't like to plan plots. I often have a rough outline in my head though.

A novel with pirates? That sounds amazing too :biggrin: you have some great ideas! Much more original than a lot of things I've read. Finding it easy to generate ideas can only be a good thing - you're lucky that you have such a talent! Yeah, I agree - I wish Creative Writing was available as a GCSE, or that at least English Language would have more of a creative writing element. I found school English rather disappointing. :frown:

Reading is always fun :smile: what are you reading right now? I think I probably need to improve my vocabulary as well - it doesn't seem to be as diverse as it used to be.

There are certainly lots of novels which are great story-wise but really, really simply written! I think Divergent comes under that as well - it's a great story, I enjoyed it, but it isn't challenging in the slightest. Words are amazing :biggrin: confusing sometimes, but always amazing.

Yeah I think that'll be the best thing to do right now as I have no idea when I'll get around to creating a blog, especially with sixth form being round the corner. :smile:

Maybe I'll try fan fiction one day and see where it would lead me. But right now I'm set into writing a long novel, which I've never done before.

I'm really excited to start English Literature at A level. You don't get any opportunity for creative writing, but I'm happy it's more in depth. At the sixth form I'll be joining they have a lot of debates in class, so the teachers have told me. The best thing is they have an English club!

I believe I've always had such a wide imagination. I'm an only child so I could only occupy myself and came up with lots of stories I used to reenact with my toys when I was younger (haha) xD I also used to love writing stories. It's funny looking back at them. But, I also watch a lot of anime which really gets to work on your creative juice box. They come up with some mad story lines :P

I'm reading The Mortal Instruments right now as I wanted to delve into a fantasy novel. I haven't read one in so long. It's weird that the typical books I read normally are nothing like the genres I want to write.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not really set on an occupation yet. Maybe a novelist, lawyer, accountant, doctor, etc. :sigh:

You are forgiven :tongue:
(your name reminds me of another user but I cant remember who....)
Another aspiring novelist here, I see. Preserve and anything is possible
I also do a bit of writting on the side myself. Mainly one-shots and poetry (*cool, I know*)
I'm more interested in tragedy, romance, sci-fi. No horror for me though....
Dystopia? I'm doing an essay on that. Feel free to exhange ideas with me about it :laugh:

:laugh:
And from that she may have held a sense of resentment towards you, for the remainder of your school year
It does seem a bit odd her lowering your controlled assessment mark for no real reason though. Did you take this matter up with another member of the English department as opposed to the French department? :tongue:
Main Question: Did you get your A*? :eyebrow:

I'm sure Sixth Form will help you discover what occupation you really aspire too. I heard some students still don't know what to do whilst at university.

I'm still thinking whether being a novelist is right for me as it's a hard occupation to get into. That's why I love that the English degree is so broad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, sorry to kind of hijack your thread :ninja:, but I thought as some of you might be driving soon, you might be interested in TSR's giveaway of 100 theory DVDs, link here :biggrin:
Oo0oO0oo.... I just found a very useful app for my iPhone related to education and organisation... it's called: 30/30
It basically lets you make a timetable for the day and you can set up everyday routines, beautiful graphic quality and nice sound effects... you can read more about it here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/30-30/id505863977?mt=8
I love it to bits now :biggrin:
I made a 'College day' time table and added to the list the following:
Break 5mins
Study Chemistry 45mins
Break 5mins
Study Mathematics 45mins
Break 5mins
Study Physics 45mins
Break 5mins
Do Homework 2hours (it obviously depends on how much I will have)

I'm also going to do weekends and term holidays and preparations for exams in the same month etc. :work:
Reply 3108
Original post by NikolaT
techno:

Edexcel Maths
AQA Economics
OCR Politics
OCR Latin

(Didn't know all exam boards until today and wanted to give you them in one post.) Thanks!

Done :h:
Original post by smile:D
Hi everyone, sorry to kind of hijack your thread :ninja:, but I thought as some of you might be driving soon, you might be interested in TSR's giveaway of 100 theory DVDs, link here :biggrin:

I can't find the answer :frown:
Oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.

Ahhh nice to see another person doing Maths. :smile:

Haha, yes! What board are you on?
Original post by smile:D

Thanks for the link !
haha maybe :colone: she was rather evil :lol: an yep :woo: no more english :woo:

and thanks, it took quite a bit of work to get it :awesome:

Original post by YanaIguana
I'm sure Sixth Form will help you discover what occupation you really aspire too. I heard some students still don't know what to do whilst at university.

I'm still thinking whether being a novelist is right for me as it's a hard occupation to get into. That's why I love that the English degree is so broad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries. I'll be doing english for the next 2 or possibly 5 years, so pretend to be enthusiastic about it when interacting with me :tongue:
I'm probably going to be one of those students at university :sigh:I just love too many subjects...
Well, if you really want to be a novelist the end result will be you'll become one; thats the only way of knowing the occupation is right (when the bad doesn't halt you)
And who doesn't love English. Its great. :laugh:
Reply 3113
No worries. I'll be doing english for the next 2 or possibly 5 years, so pretend to be enthusiastic about it when interacting with me :tongue:
I'm probably going to be one of those students at university :sigh:I just love too many subjects...
Well, if you really want to be a novelist the end result will be you'll become one; thats the only way of knowing the occupation is right (when the bad doesn't halt you)
And who doesn't love English. Its great. :laugh:

oh sorry :colondollar: haha yay english :woo:

i do like it it's more i don't like the teachers who do it at my school :biggrin:
oh sorry :colondollar: haha yay english :woo:

i do like it it's more i don't like the teachers who do it at my school :biggrin:

Yes- thats more like it :five:
Thats why I don't like Maths anymore :tongue:
Reply 3115
Yes- thats more like it :five:
Thats why I don't like Maths anymore :tongue:

:O :O :O DO NOT SAY THAT :colone: :lol:
:O :O :O DO NOT SAY THAT :colone: :lol:

I just did though......
And what are you talking about specifically? Is it the part where I said 'I don't like Maths anymore... :colone:
Reply 3117
I just did though......
And what are you talking about specifically? Is it the part where I said 'I don't like Maths anymore... :colone:

Someone else who hates maths on this thread finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3118
I just did though......

:O :redface: ... if only i there was a stab emoticon ..... :stab:

(i tried :lol: )
LeoMantys : You've blocked messages from users, thanks for the email!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest