The Student Room Group

Debenhams Stockroom Movement Assistant Xmas Temp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by smclellan91
I've just been offered 12 hours on the gift section ahhh! Has anyone else heard anything??

Well done! :biggrin: Nope still not heard anything yet, but at least we know that one of us from this thread got the job! How did they tell you that you got it? Did they phone you and just tell you you'd got the jobs and the hours etc?
Reply 101
Original post by NiallD
Well done! :biggrin: Nope still not heard anything yet, but at least we know that one of us from this thread got the job! How did they tell you that you got it? Did they phone you and just tell you you'd got the jobs and the hours etc?

Thank you, yep a phone call from the Manchester store and she said they're sending me a contract out. Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 102
I've just been offered 12 hours on the gift section ahhh! Has anyone else heard anything??

Congrats! When do you start? And are stock staff separated into sections or is that a sales advisor role?

I haven't heard anything myself. Not looking so hopeful now. Oh dear.
Reply 103
Thank you, yep a phone call from the Manchester store and she said they're sending me a contract out. Good luck to everyone else!

Well done! :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Muffie
Congrats! When do you start? And are stock staff separated into sections or is that a sales advisor role?

I haven't heard anything myself. Not looking so hopeful now. Oh dear.

This is for the gift section, when I asked if it was stockroom she said she doesn't think so although I think it will involve it a bit. I honestly think from the sounds of you're interview that you will get something, their were loads of different roles when I asked!
Reply 105
And I start the 21st of September
Reply 106
This is for the gift section, when I asked if it was stockroom she said she doesn't think so although I think it will involve it a bit. I honestly think from the sounds of you're interview that you will get something, their were loads of different roles when I asked!

Do you think you'll prefer the shop floor? They asked in my interview why I applied for stock and not sales advisor. In retrospect maybe I should have sold myself to both jobs instead of just the stock one. Whoops. I was told about the different xmas temp roles, but I had no idea they'd be considering us for different ones. I'll give it the couple more days before I give up hope completely, but it'd be nice to know soon either way. Well done though!
Reply 107
And I start the 21st of September

Is that the induction date? I'm quite surprised you're starting so soon when the majority of temp jobs in the main thread didn't start till around October/ November, but I don't think that's a bad thing at all.
Reply 108
Original post by Muffie
Do you think you'll prefer the shop floor? They asked in my interview why I applied for stock and not sales advisor. In retrospect maybe I should have sold myself to both jobs instead of just the stock one. Whoops. I was told about the different xmas temp roles, but I had no idea they'd be considering us for different ones. I'll give it the couple more days before I give up hope completely, but it'd be nice to know soon either way. Well done though!

I talked about the restaurant assistant role quite a bit with my interviewer so hopefully I'm being considered for that if I haven't got the stockroom job, I'm not feeling too optimistic about my chances now either though, the only thing is though if I didn't get the job surely they wouldn't take this long to tell us, as it seems a bit harsh leaving us in the lurch like that, when we would be applying for other jobs if we found out we didn't get it. Unless they're just not going to tell us at all?
Reply 109
Original post by NiallD
I talked about the restaurant assistant role quite a bit with my interviewer so hopefully I'm being considered for that if I haven't got the stockroom job, I'm not feeling too optimistic about my chances now either though, the only thing is though if I didn't get the job surely they wouldn't take this long to tell us, as it seems a bit harsh leaving us in the lurch like that, when we would be applying for other jobs if we found out we didn't get it. Unless they're just not going to tell us at all?

I think it's up to a 21 day wait to be told if we haven't! I think we just have to assume it's a no after the 10 days :frown:
Reply 110
I have said I'd prefer sales advisor, but I don't think this role is 100% sales advisor I just know I will be on the shop floor restocking and what not. Guys don't be disheartened because different people will be dealing with different roles so they may still be finalising decisions. Theres still every likelihood you will get a call soon!
Reply 111
I have said I'd prefer sales advisor, but I don't think this role is 100% sales advisor I just know I will be on the shop floor restocking and what not. Guys don't be disheartened because different people will be dealing with different roles so they may still be finalising decisions. Theres still every likelihood you will get a call soon!

It sounds like a fun department whatever you'll be doing. I imagine it'll be one of the busiest, but at least you'll be trained and used to the role before the crowds start. It's very disheartening, but you do make a good point. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 112
I don't think the recruitment service is open over the weekend, so I guess that means we won't be contacted until Monday at the earliest? And by that time 10 days will have passed, guess I should just assume I didn't get it then :frown:
Reply 113
Original post by NiallD
I don't think the recruitment service is open over the weekend, so I guess that means we won't be contacted until Monday at the earliest? And by that time 10 days will have passed, guess I should just assume I didn't get it then :frown:

It depends if the call comes from the recruitment centre or the store. I'll give it till tomorrow evening, even though it isn't looking great.
Reply 114
Original post by Muffie
It depends if the call comes from the recruitment centre or the store. I'll give it till tomorrow evening, even though it isn't looking great.

I think my interviewer said to me that it would be the woman who did my phone interview, so I assume the recruitment centre. I'm not giving up complete hope yet, I have started applying for other places now though :tongue:
Reply 115
This wait is just horrible. :ashamed2:
I think they've done the Christmas staff interviews at roughly the same time in all the stores across the country, so the recruitment centre have a lot to get through which means we have to wait longer. I don't really like the idea of having to wait three weeks to be told that I was unsuccessful, especially seen as a lot of Christmas jobs will have already been taken by then. I have been applying for jobs in the meantime, but I have a feeling this could be last chance at a Christmas job. :frown:
Does anyone know how much you get payed hourly for a Christmas Temp (Debenhams) 17 yrs? Thanksss guys:smile:
Reply 117
Original post by jennywillo
Does anyone know how much you get payed hourly for a Christmas Temp (Debenhams) 17 yrs? Thanksss guys:smile:

Different roles have different rates. You'll probably be on the minimum advertised for each role as the maximums as for 21+. I think the minimums start at about 4.98 but I may be wrong.
Original post by Muffie
Different roles have different rates. You'll probably be on the minimum advertised for each role as the maximums as for 21+. I think the minimums start at about 4.98 but I may be wrong.

ahh okay thank you, suppose £5 isn't bad!:smile:
Reply 119
Still not heard anything, wonder if it's worth phoning them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending