The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The camaraderie on this board inspired by this new milestone is rather touching. Aww :smile:

Anywho, I'm probably doing:

Bio (AQA)
Spanish (AQA)
Economics (AQA)
Eng Lit (AQA)

I'm still at odds as to whether I should do Economics or RS. My overall goal is to become a Lawyer. I'd like to go to a Law school in the Russell Group. Anybody have any suggestions as to which subject (RS or Econ) is better?

I wish you all the best for the next two years, guys :smile:
Original post by Lucas.
Sounds like a good waste of a lesson though. :tongue:

Original post by techno836
Haha how did that happen :lol: its like in my maths there was a guy who could get 69 on higher paper and only 52 on foundation :lol:

It was when we looked back at it, but during that chaos I was just scared of my parents finding out I'd move down sets :sigh:

That is funny. I bet his teacher was perplexed as to why he did well on the higher than the foundation (maybe it was a mentality thing- easier questions= more mistakes)
Reply 3162
Original post by Politepedant
The camaraderie on this board inspired by this new milestone is rather touching. Aww :smile:

Anywho, I'm probably doing:

Bio (AQA)
Spanish (AQA)
Economics (AQA)
Eng Lit (AQA)

I'm still at odds as to whether I should do Economics or RS. My overall goal is to become a Lawyer. I'd like to go to a Law school in the Russell Group. Anybody have any suggestions as to which subject (RS or Econ) is better?

I wish you all the best for the next two years, guys :smile:

Hello :wavey:
I've added you to the OP :h:

i'd say economics is probably a good choice to being a lawyer :h:
Reply 3163
Original post by EvasiveRose
It was when we looked back at it, but during that chaos I was just scared of my parents finding out I'd move down sets :sigh:

That is funny. I bet his teacher was perplexed as to why he did well on the higher than the foundation (maybe it was a mentality thing- easier questions= more mistakes)

It's all to do with what your taught towards i believe :h: ... there are some stuff that'll never be taught for higher aswell :smile:
Today was probably the last time, I get to see some of my friends in the normal 'care-free' manner, as school starts on Monday. Half excited/Half scared.
Yes i am :h: i'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics but this is because these are my strongest subjects :h: Don't worry you dont need Maths ... here take a look ---> http://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/info/202/applying_for_the_mbchb/691/fbrs

and that is probably a good idea :h: Good luck :yy:

I think that's why a lot of people do maths.....
but thanks, it's reassuring.

Now a question to anyone.....

What song are you listening to now? I really need to develop my taste in music....
Reply 3166
Original post by Dannyboy1236
I think that's why a lot of people do maths.....
but thanks, it's reassuring.

Now a question to anyone.....

What song are you listening to now? I really need to develop my taste in music....

No problem :h:

and Mr Brightside - The killers
Reply 3167
Original post by Dinasaurus
Today was probably the last time, I get to see some of my friends in the normal 'care-free' manner, as school starts on Monday. Half excited/Half scared.

More excited :wink: :woo:

i don't see many people outside school so i'm looking forward to seeing them :h:
It's all to do with what your taught towards i believe :h: ... there are some stuff that'll never be taught for higher aswell :smile:

True. I think our debacle came about due to people from set 5 and 6 copying 1 person who happened to get most of the questions right (thats what they told us anyway), whilst us lot in the top classes didnt understand the colour in the circle method :tongue:
Reply 3169
Everyone needs to drop everything and watch this it's too cute for words!!! http://m.ustream.tv/sfshiba

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3170
True. I think our debacle came about due to people from set 5 and 6 copying 1 person who happened to get most of the questions right (thats what they told us anyway), whilst us lot in the top classes didnt understand the colour in the circle method :tongue:

haha that's most likely :rolleyes:

colour in the circle method :confused:
Hello :biggrin: I wish to participate in this thread, I don't think I ever posted in the year eleven one :redface:
haha that's most likely :rolleyes:

colour in the circle method :confused:

:laugh:
The layout of the initial core science exams for AQA (ring any bells????) required you to colour in a circle which was next to a number and below a letter (we initially were confused with how that worked- yep, we were really the best brains in the school :laugh:)
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Hello :biggrin: I wish to participate in this thread, I don't think I ever posted in the year eleven one :redface:

Participate you shall
What A-Levels are you taking? (this is my favourite opening question. Lame- I know:colondollar:)
More excited :wink: :woo:

i don't see many people outside school so i'm looking forward to seeing them :h:

I try to go out with friends, like most days of the week, but now some of them are moving to different colleges/schools and a lot aren't in my classes. The school environment just isn't the same :frown:
Reply 3175
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

i think u did :yep: i remember you :h:

hello :wavey:

:laugh:
The layout of the initial core science exams for AQA (ring any bells????) required you to colour in a circle which was next to a number and below a letter (we initially were confused with how that worked- yep, we were really the best brains in the school :laugh:)

hmmmm Nope :colondollar: you may have to find this question :holmes:
Reply 3176
I try to go out with friends, like most days of the week, but now some of them are moving to different colleges/schools and a lot aren't in my classes. The school environment just isn't the same :frown:

yeah i understand that :frown: .. times change :moon:
x

Hello, I am taking Maths (Edexcel) History (AQA), Geography (Edexcel) and German (AQA) :smile:
Reply 3178

On December 1st, that song will be 10 years old...
Sorry if that's just totally messed with your mind hahah.
Good song though, I swear everyone was born knowing the lyrics to it. :tongue:

Surprisingly......I liked that song....

The video on the other hand....bit confusing?

Me too... I'm trying to spend a lot of time with my friends before school starts because we're all going to different places...and we probably won't see each other for a while and people change...so I want to make the most of it while I can

Latest