The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
Original post by Cable
Yeah.

Although I'm happy for Pep, I am really gutted for Chelsea.

Hopefully, this gives them the encouragement to make up for tonight by winning the league.

Yeah, if we can produce a performance like this vs bayern I have no doubt we'll be able to win the league, I know there was no schweinsteigger but it was a close game, I think we should be fine against most opposition. It's a good learning curve for the youngsters and great to see hazard performing like that with that goal. I'm not scared of facing strong opposition anymore with our team as well.
Reply 5861
Original post by Isometrix
You show this much sorrow for the loss and you still don't think of yourself as a supporter lol?

Lol.

I am not a Chelsea supporter. My allegiance lies within Italy.

But Chelsea are my fav English team, so I'm always rooting for them.
Original post by Cable
Slight consolation.

But a trophy is a trophy.

And to lose in the manner you did tonight is really gutting.

Yeah I know but that's how football goes good learning curve for everyone and I think it will only encourage Lukaku to work harder than ever now

The one I want most is the prem back, and on that performance I think we can beat any one on the planet considering they are the best in the world ATM...
Reply 5863
Original post by pinda.college
Pretty much what I was thinking when I typed my op.

Going hyperdefensive works most effectively when you have an outlet to relieve pressure. He got that tactic wrong, especially with our immobile midfield with lamps and mikel there was literally nobody to drive, I guess his reasoning was that lukaku would do a role like that, but most of the time he was playing as a defensive winger on the right side. A real shame ramires got sent off too as he'd have been the perfect man to help us in this situation.

But I think we'll be ready by the next time we face bayern, so I'm not worried here.
Reply 5864
Original post by jam277
Yeah, if we can produce a performance like this vs bayern I have no doubt we'll be able to win the league, I know there was no schweinsteigger but it was a close game, I think we should be fine against most opposition. It's a good learning curve for the youngsters and great to see hazard performing like that with that goal. I'm not scared of facing strong opposition anymore with our team as well.

:yy:
Reply 5865
Original post by mattmejevie
Yeah I know but that's how football goes good learning curve for everyone and I think it will only encourage Lukaku to work harder than ever now

The one I want most is the prem back, and on that performance I think we can beat any one on the planet considering they are the best in the world ATM...

Yep.

All Jose has to do is finally figure out his best team and you're set to romp the league.

And of course, winning the league will make tonight a distant memory.
Reply 5866
Ramires

Original post by jam277

Just that we give too much respect to teams like United and City when we shouldn't.
Too many teams in the BPL go scared against United for no reason.
Hope Samuel Etoo can guide Lukaku now to become a beast.
Would be funny if they sent Lukaku on loan to Vitesse for that. The ultimate punishment :laugh:

I think we should immediately start him in the next match. The worst thing we can do now is let him dwell on this and let it affect his game. Play him up top, let him get a goal, and let's put all this behind us :yy:

KTBFFH
Reply 5869
anyone could have won this match unfortunately it was us who lost, but I'm glad it was just the super cup than the real uefa champions league or even europa league.

now i kinda know how bayern and benfica felt when we beat them
Reply 5870
I think we should immediately start him in the next match. The worst thing we can do now is let him dwell on this and let it affect his game. Play him up top, let him get a goal, and let's put all this behind us :yy:

KTBFFH

I agree with that. Who's your next game against?
How the **** did Bayern score right in the last 30 seconds?!

So close!

Man I know that was a bad penalty but I hope Lukaku's confidence hasn't been dented by this. And I do not like all these 'new Drogba' comments -- the continual comparison with Drogba may haunt him and while he's still young he's showing potential but still has a long way to go. Think this will affect his performances and may have had some effect today. Just let this guy develop and be himself without this much pressure ffs

Still, great performance, and I'm feeling a lot more confident about our team. I agree with the comment about needing that sturdy midfield that we had in the past though.

Hazard was bloody amazing btw. Schurrle/Cahill/Luiz and Cech were brilliant as well.

This should make Lukaku stronger. He is going to destroy the opposition. Hat-trick against Everton!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5872
Original post by Cable

Everton, still finding their feet under Martinez. Lukaku could give them a good tonking.
Also, will Terry ever get a real dose of European glory? :redface:
Original post by Cable

Looks like it's Everton away, so not the easiest of games.

Also hope he's not phasing Mata out of the starting XI :colonhash:
Reply 5875
Original post by Tweek
Everton, still finding their feet under Martinez. Lukaku could give them a good tonking.

Thanks.

Yeah, Everton will take some time to adapt to Martinez. And Martinez is no Moyes. So it's safe to say Everton are looking very vulnerable against the likes of Chelsea right now.

I'd hate to be in JM's position right now, concerning the best XI for Chelsea. What do you think is your best team right now?
Reply 5876
Looks like it's Everton away, so not the easiest of games.

Also hope he's not phasing Mata out of the starting XI :colonhash:

Hope not. But the good thing is that it will get Mata to play at his best because there's now lots of competition for his position.

What do you think is your best starting XI atm, considering the signing of Eto'o and Willian as well?
Reply 5877
Essien has really taken Lukaku under his wing.
After tonight I'm looking forward to our matches against City. Hopefully we can actually win one this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still, while u did look alright i'm quite glad that the Chelski scums have lost, no sympathy at all and maureen is a sore loser who will struggle to win against guardiola. That's 8-3 now
Original post by Skkc16
Essien has really taken Lukaku under his wing.
After tonight I'm looking forward to our matches against City. Hopefully we can actually win one this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think we played 6 matches last season and didn't beat them in one :redface:

Latest