The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

So me wanting to sleep at 9 so i didnt have to be awake in the world has turned into me crying at midnight because i cant cope :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching videos.
Reply 6942
I can't really talk about it. I just need a hug and a nice person :redface: (not that you guys aren't nice...cant really explain my current use of the word nice :redface:).
I've realised that I care wayyyy too much about my impact on other people. Or I don't know maybe I care the right amount and most others don't care enough? Its not good for me to be like this anyway, it's quite agonising. I can't actually finish this paragraph. Gonna post anyway cos i think im probably being quite irrational about now so need to not be.
Original post by Sultana
I can't really talk about it. I just need a hug and a nice person :redface: (not that you guys aren't nice...cant really explain my current use of the word nice :redface:).
I've realised that I care wayyyy too much about my impact on other people. Or I don't know maybe I care the right amount and most others don't care enough? Its not good for me to be like this anyway, it's quite agonising. I can't actually finish this paragraph. Gonna post anyway cos i think im probably being quite irrational about now so need to not be.

:penguinhug:

You still wanting to go up to Edinburgh by the way? My internet died and we never got back to talking about it...
Original post by Sultana

:jumphug: :jumphug: Well, you know where I am! :yep: :penguinhug: And I can give virtual hugs, even though I know they're not the same. :no: I know what you mean about maybe caring too much about your impact on other people - I definitely do it too. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not to do, or if you can care about your impact on other people too much. It's good you're considerate, just don't do it to the detriment of yourself or your wellbeing. I used to be told that I was too selfless and cared too much about affecting other people... :s-smilie: I've no idea what I'm trying to say here to be perfectly honest, but still. Have more hugs.

:jumphug: :hugs: :penguinhug: :lovehug:
Original post by PonchoKid
That sounds awesome, sounds like englands big gig :smile:
When you get there all the worries will go and youll fit in :smile:

I was a brownie from age of 6 (shhhh dont tell anyone) to 11
Then guides for a year
Then started as a young leader at 14 and got my AQL at 18 and now at 21 although due to unit issues at uni iv not been as heavily involved over the past 3 years i still dip in with my district at home :smile:

Dont panic about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :hugs: I really hope so. :colondollar:
Aw cool. :woo: You've been involved for most of your life then!
I did Girls Brigade (this might be a scottish thing- I'm not sure :ninja: ) then was a scout and an explorer scout and then swapped over to guiding to do my volunteering for DofE and just never left. :tongue:

Sorry you're having such a bad night. :frown: Lots of hugs and niceness from here. :hugs: Do you have anything you can do to distract yourself? :hugs:
I'm planning on watching poppy shakespeare again now, anyone wanna join me? It's on yt :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Thank you. :hugs: I really hope so. :colondollar:
Aw cool. :woo: You've been involved for most of your life then!
I did Girls Brigade (this might be a scottish thing- I'm not sure :ninja: ) then was a scout and an explorer scout and then swapped over to guiding to do my volunteering for DofE and just never left. :tongue:

Sorry you're having such a bad night. :frown: Lots of hugs and niceness from here. :hugs: Do you have anything you can do to distract yourself? :hugs:

I have yes :smile:
Iv heard of girls brigade i think some places in england have it...
Girlguiding is an amazing thing and iv had so many oppertunities with them! Even been to disneyland paris with brownies!

Im texting my boyfriend atm which is kinda helping. My worlds just falling apart and iv hit self destruct and not telling people IRL how bad things are :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt
Pretty sure someone is trolling the ED thread .. Actually makes me feel sick.. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think someone is trolling, use the report feature and of the mods will look into it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i didn't finish poppy shakespeare. cant be bothered.
if anyone else is awake then i'm awake too and we can pm, please. :h: or not. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid
I have yes :smile:
Iv heard of girls brigade i think some places in england have it...
Girlguiding is an amazing thing and iv had so many oppertunities with them! Even been to disneyland paris with brownies!

Im texting my boyfriend atm which is kinda helping. My worlds just falling apart and iv hit self destruct and not telling people IRL how bad things are :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! That's some trip! :eek:
It's definitely been amazing for me so far, I've had so much support from all the people I've been involved with. :love:
Oh no. :frown: I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs: But glad your boyfriend is there for you. Stay strong. :hugs:
Original post by anonymouspie227
if anyone else is awake then i'm awake too and we can pm, please. :h: or not. :frown:

I'm up if you want but I only have half an hours worth of internet left. :smile: :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
I'm up if you want but I only have half an hours worth of internet left. :smile: :hugs:

Original post by anonymouspie227

No worries! :hugs:
Holiday for a week in two days. Rather anxious about it. Last holiday was a couple of weeks ago and I left after the first night cos I was so scared.
This time it's with my friend which is kinda better but we'll be in a really popular touristie place and i'm really not a fan of that. Two teenagers on holiday is blatently going to involve a bit of drinking. I can't drink on my tablets and i'll be alone with my drunk friend. Not that I mind that she gets to be drunk and I don't i'm just worried about the sort of responsibility that puts on me, especially since we've got into "fights?" (or maybe more tiffs) the last two times she was drunk.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy to be having a holiday with my best friend but there's still so much pressure and anxiety and so many things that could go wrong.

I'll miss my boyfriend too. He's being so caring at the moment and i'm really going to miss that (and him!).

Oh well I guess I should be looking at the posotives... I'll try.

Good night all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys.. Hope everyone's alright! :hugs: to everyone. It's been a while since I've had access to my phone and this thread moves at the speed of lightening!

I'm struggling a lot.. Mainly me arguing back with the staff and getting things taken off me :/ this place isn't really doing any good for me I don't think. I really don't like it. But I have no way to leave either :frown: hate talking to the psych about stuff.

But yeah apologises for not being around.. Dunno when I'll next get my phone :/.. So stay safe guys! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Hey guys.. Hope everyone's alright! :hugs: to everyone. It's been a while since I've had access to my phone and this thread moves at the speed of lightening!

I'm struggling a lot.. Mainly me arguing back with the staff and getting things taken off me :/ this place isn't really doing any good for me I don't think. I really don't like it. But I have no way to leave either :frown: hate talking to the psych about stuff.

But yeah apologises for not being around.. Dunno when I'll next get my phone :/.. So stay safe guys! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. :smile:

Sorry to hear you're struggling. :console: Hopefully the place is doing you some good though, even if you don't realise it, or might help in the future (I found that with CBT it didn't do much for me in the short term, but then longer-term I appreciated it a lot more), and if you're arguing with the staff, at least that shows you're engaging with them! :tongue:
Original post by tasha96
Oh wow! That's some trip! :eek:
It's definitely been amazing for me so far, I've had so much support from all the people I've been involved with. :love:
Oh no. :frown: I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs: But glad your boyfriend is there for you. Stay strong. :hugs:

was hard work but fun, i went as a leader, 16 hour coach trip there and back :eek: but it was a fun weekend.
iv met people from all over the country at different guiding events which is awesome. you can akways find support in guiding how ever high up you go :smile:

im managed to get through the night, with only tears which i guess is good :smile:
Reply 6959
Original post by superwolf
:penguinhug:

You still wanting to go up to Edinburgh by the way? My internet died and we never got back to talking about it...

Sort of yes, I just didnt want to bother you about it :redface:

Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: :jumphug: Well, you know where I am! :yep: :penguinhug: And I can give virtual hugs, even though I know they're not the same. :no: I know what you mean about maybe caring too much about your impact on other people - I definitely do it too. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not to do, or if you can care about your impact on other people too much. It's good you're considerate, just don't do it to the detriment of yourself or your wellbeing. I used to be told that I was too selfless and cared too much about affecting other people... :s-smilie: I've no idea what I'm trying to say here to be perfectly honest, but still. Have more hugs.

:jumphug: :hugs: :penguinhug: :lovehug:

:hugs:
Sorry I never replied to your PM btw, but I'm glad it wasn't too awful or anything.

Latest