The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3280
Original post by Bude8
Completing the square wasn't needed at GCSE, but it was in Admaths. I'm probably gonna screw my Maths test on Tuesday, but I think I'll get back up to scratch quite quickly.

i was told i should already know it :redface: .. i picked it up easily enough though :h:
Original post by Bude8
Completing the square wasn't needed at GCSE, but it was in Admaths. I'm probably gonna screw my Maths test on Tuesday, but I think I'll get back up to scratch quite quickly.

Really? I thought I did it at GCSE too? :confused: Either way I remember it! :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
How do I maths again?

I don't remember this method :lolwut:

You ignored me have fun reply -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattFletcher
Really? I thought I did it at GCSE too? :confused: Either way I remember it! :tongue:

Depends on exam board, I guess, but you definitely needed it in Admaths, one use for it was finding the x and y axes intercepts of a circle.
Original post by Bude8

I had to know it?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Depends on exam board, I guess, but you definitely needed it in Admaths, one use for it was finding the x and y axes intercepts of a circle.

must be the board then, I remember doing it for Additional Maths too for that
Reply 3286
Original post by Glitch96
Like Russel group but only 8 members, Harvard Princeton Yale etc... But I'm more interested in the tech ones that aren't members like MIT and stanford/berkley

My worst subjects will be 'RE, Spanish and English lit... And language xD

My teacher didn't even teach us recurring decimals xD I taught myself half the course...

I'm genuinely concerned for my results because I couldnt bothered and could have done so much better, I dont want results to bite me so early on as . Know it's so competitive for these good unis and apparently everyone else has 2748374 a*s. Damon, how am I supposed to Afford a 200k. Lamborghini? XD

Car show next to the restaurant I' m eating in... Score

Oh right, I know what you mean. :smile:

Wow, that's terrible.. You must have had a pretty shocking teacher...

Don't worry man, I'm sure you'll be fine. You don't seem like the sort of person who will fail miserably, and I reckon you'll easily get the grades to get to where you want to go next. Once you've done that, don't even think about your GCSE results. :smile: I'm the same, I didn't put any effort into any of my subjects apart from Maths, German and English Language, and I got everything I needed. Everything else I just revised the night before (Tourism and Food Tech I didn't revise at all, and I didn't even do the coursework for Food Tech) and I feel like everything turned out alright. :smile: You'll be fine, trust me. :wink:

Original post by Georgiecat
Edexcel

Hardly anyone is on MEI. :frown:
Guys, I need some advice. Are the people you take lessons with important? Like, is it a massive issue if you don't really get on with anyone in your set?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
Guys, I need some advice. Are the people you take lessons with important? Like, is it a massive issue if you don't really get on with anyone in your set?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't mind about getting along, you kind of need to study a lot and basically have no social life :tongue:

No...No...
Original post by EvasiveRose
Actually, I'm guilty of not updating either. My last story I updated with 2 chapters a day for a week or so and then just left it hanging :tongue: (I didn't get many/ any :eek: reviews either because I was apparently updating too quickly for people to get a feel of the story)
Feel free to check it out
I haven't read any novels although I did watch a film themed on dystopia. Dystopia is the main focus for my english coursework which is why I've begun to learn about it (it is quite an interesting concept though)
I'm more into shows like Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, etc; although I never have any time to watch them so I either have to read about what happened or watch the episode 3-4 days after it's aired :sigh:

Yeah... I've done that a couple of times... well, I always come back to them, but sometimes I leave it for 6 months or so just abandoned, which is really bad! The number of revies I get varies, but that doesn't bother me too much - if I get any I'm ecstatic, and if I don't then, well, I just need to try harder. :smile: Everyone should have been happy that you were updating quickly though - I love quick updaters, they're amazing!
Ahh yeah, there are some cool films as well. That's such an awesome focus for coursework, whoever set that is incredible! The classic dystopian novel is probably 1984 by George Orwell - if you haven't read it you really should. Maybe your school has already set it though?
I get a lot of both Teen Wolf and Vampire Diaries on my Tumblr dash - I might start watching Teen Wolf if I ever get time! I'm more into Superwholock (Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock), Merlin, Game of Thrones and Hannibal, as well as CSI which doesn't seem to have so much of a fandom. :frown: Yeah I get that problem - I have to wait until after the show has aired most of the time, watching it online or something, and it's so hard to avoid spoilers!
Reply 3290
Original post by LeFailFish
x

this may seem rather random .. but aren't you supposed to be La Failfish :holmes:
Reply 3292
Just out of interest.. What do you all look like? It's cool if you don't want to upload a picture, it's just something cool to start I guess.

Have a picture of me that I took before my enrolment yesterday.
(Praise the lord for accutane)

Untitledo.png

I don't know what my mouth is doing, and my hair is wet. :colondollar:
Reply 3293
Original post by Molly_xox

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm very socially incompetent :erm: so it really depends whether you dont like them or they don't like you and may cause you distress :s-smilie:
Original post by Lucas.
Just out of interest..

I like your shirt :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3295
Original post by LeFailFish
Yeah... I've done that a couple of times... well, I always come back to them, but sometimes I leave it for 6 months or so just abandoned, which is really bad! The number of revies I get varies, but that doesn't bother me too much - if I get any I'm ecstatic, and if I don't then, well, I just need to try harder. :smile: Everyone should have been happy that you were updating quickly though - I love quick updaters, they're amazing!
Ahh yeah, there are some cool films as well. That's such an awesome focus for coursework, whoever set that is incredible! The classic dystopian novel is probably 1984 by George Orwell - if you haven't read it you really should. Maybe your school has already set it though?
I get a lot of both Teen Wolf and Vampire Diaries on my Tumblr dash - I might start watching Teen Wolf if I ever get time! I'm more into Superwholock (Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock), Merlin, Game of Thrones and Hannibal, as well as CSI which doesn't seem to have so much of a fandom. :frown: Yeah I get that problem - I have to wait until after the show has aired most of the time, watching it online or something, and it's so hard to avoid spoilers!

OMG they're all totally awesome :awesome: i think i may have died from the awesomeness of that post :dead: :dying: :flatline: :coma:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3296
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I like your shirt :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you haha. It's band shirt. The band are called Hot Damn (as you can probably tell :tongue:) and if you really want one you can pick one up here - shows the full design too.

For anyone interested, here's what they sound like.

SWxPP
Original post by Lucas.
Oh right, I know what you mean. :smile:

Wow, that's terrible.. You must have had a pretty shocking teacher...

Don't worry man, I'm sure you'll be fine. You don't seem like the sort of person who will fail miserably, and I reckon you'll easily get the grades to get to where you want to go next. Once you've done that, don't even think about your GCSE results. :smile: I'm the same, I didn't put any effort into any of my subjects apart from Maths, German and English Language, and I got everything I needed. Everything else I just revised the night before (Tourism and Food Tech I didn't revise at all, and I didn't even do the coursework for Food Tech) and I feel like everything turned out alright. :smile: You'll be fine, trust me. :wink:

Hardly anyone is on MEI. :frown:

Spanish? Yes, 'RE? I just wasn't interested and the rest of the class were thick so it didn't motivate me, English? The teacher wasn't bad, I mean she was good looking so at least she held my attention xD but somewhat young to have much experience?

And true, we should both get by fine :smile: I even got a card from my history teacher because I went from a D to an A in my many mocks, I barely even tried too :tongue: what do you want to do at a level, uni, career?

Original post by Lucas.
Just out of interest.. What do you all look like? It's cool if you don't want to upload a picture, it's just something cool to start I guess.

Have a picture of me that I took before my enrolment yesterday.
(Praise the lord for accutane)

[PIC]

Lol, you look like a cool guy, but with the name Lucas I thought you'd be black haha, I'd post a pic of myself but I may get recognised O.O maybe later

Accutane? And also what did enrollment involve? Since I won't be going to it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3298
I only take pictures of myself on snapchat lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
On what exam boards :h:

Hey there, I'm doing AS Level: Maths, Physics, History, Philosophy & Economics.

Also studying A2 French in the mean time

^ Edexcel: Maths, Physics, History, French, Philosophy
AQA: Economics.

Latest