The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by usycool1
Go for it if you like! :biggrin:

I've been nominated, but I'm not sure if I want to do the next step :colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
I've been nominated, but I'm not sure if I want to do the next step :colondollar:

If you have any questions/concerns, I can try to answer them for you. :smile:
Reply 1982
Original post by Endless Blue
What are you thinking? :h:olmes:

It's a verbal reasoning/comprehension test. There are 12 passages with 3-4 multiple choice questions on each. It's really quite tough though, I wasn't expecting to find it that difficult. But thanks :smile: now I just need to build on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I was set on English, but when I looked at Edinburgh's course and the outside subject thing I was pleased since it looked like I'd be able to do History for 2 years anyway. Then I thought - well, why not do joint since I got higher in history at AS anyway. So now I'm torn between the two, it needs some thinking about.

Add to the mix that Durham have just given me a guaranteed offer to study English (long story), and things are even more confusing. :facepalm2:

Ooh, that's pretty interesting. I was expecting something more blatantly law related, but it kind of makes sense now I think about it. You'll be fine, good luck! :h:

Original post by smile:D
Where are you planning on applying so far?? :smile:
Either English or English & History. :redface:

Original post by techno836
TSR is currently your educational twitter :lol:
:rofl: Absolutely!

Original post by lilGem
To apply to be a mod or not? :redface:
Go for it! :smile:
Reply 1983
Why is everyone trying to ruin my day!!!???!??

I'm such a spoilt brat sometimes.

:mad:
Reply 1984
Original post by usycool1
If you have any questions/concerns, I can try to answer them for you. :smile:

Thank you :hugs:

Original post by Pandora.

I'm going to think about it tonight :h:
Well I was set on English, but when I looked at Edinburgh's course and the outside subject thing I was pleased since it looked like I'd be able to do History for 2 years anyway. Then I thought - well, why not do joint since I got higher in history at AS anyway. So now I'm torn between the two, it needs some thinking about.

Add to the mix that Durham have just given me a guaranteed offer to study English (long story), and things are even more confusing. :facepalm2:

Ooh, that's pretty interesting. I was expecting something more blatantly law related, but it kind of makes sense now I think about it. You'll be fine, good luck! :h:

Either English or English & History. :redface:

:rofl: Absolutely!

Haha :h:

and regarding the top bit^ well a friend of mine has just been accepted to Leeds for English even though she got an offer from Cambridge/Oxford (one of them i cant remember :redface: ) I'm gonna ask her why she turned them down :holmes:
Reply 1986
Original post by lilGem
I'm going to think about it tonight :h:
Good :smile:

What's worrying you about the idea? :smile:

Original post by techno836
Haha :h:

and regarding the top bit^ well a friend of mine has just been accepted to Leeds for English even though she got an offer from Cambridge/Oxford (one of them i cant remember :redface: ) I'm gonna ask her why she turned them down :holmes:
That's an unusual move! I'd be interested in knowing why. I don't understand why people are so against others turning down prestigious offers though, some good unis aren't to everyone's taste for various reasons.
Reply 1987
Good :smile:

What's worrying you about the idea? :smile:

I'm not sure, I think it was a bit out of the blue that got me :lol:
Reply 1988
Original post by lilGem
I'm not sure, I think it was a bit out of the blue that got me :lol:
I know the feeling. :biggrin: It's definitely worth a shot if you're up for it, though!
Reply 1989
I know the feeling. :biggrin: It's definitely worth a shot if you're up for it, though!

I'm going to go for it I think :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
To apply to be a mod or not? :redface:

Definitely, you'd be amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991
Original post by Lucy96
Definitely, you'd be amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just sent it off :h:

:crossedf:

Thank you Lucy :hugs:
Original post by lilGem

:woo: good luck :biggrin:
Reply 1993
:woo: good luck :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
There are literally no jobs in London :s-smilie:

It's time for me to bug you for PS help again! :awesome: :tongue: :ashamed2:

Can you think of any other suitable phrases in place of e.g "furthermore"; "as well as this"; "in addition to" etc.? Any more help would be awesome :biggrin:

To give context, it's finishing off my ECs paragraph. I don't really want to use "finally" or variations thereof because it makes it sound like (at least to me) that that's all I can say/all I do, when reality I've only mentioned the most important/pertinent things :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lilGem

Yay, best of luck :biggrin:

You're most welcome :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's time for me to bug you for PS help again! :awesome: :tongue: :ashamed2:

Can you think of any other suitable phrases in place of e.g "furthermore"; "as well as this"; "in addition to" etc.? Any more help would be awesome :biggrin:

To give context, it's finishing off my ECs paragraph. I don't really want to use "finally" or variations thereof because it makes it sound like (at least to me) that that's all I can say/all I do, when reality I've only mentioned the most important/pertinent things :redface:

I'm not Pandora (sorry :tongue:), but I came up with a couple of words in the course of writing my PS, what about 'moreover' 'similarly' , potentially 'another subject I'm interested in is....etc' or 'through + ing'
I'm not Pandora (sorry :tongue:), but I came up with a couple of words in the course of writing my PS, what about 'moreover' 'similarly' , potentially 'another subject I'm interested in is....etc' or 'through + ing'

Ah, hi! :hi:

Sorry, I usually add something along the lines of "or anyone else who can help" at the end as the more help the better! I just usually go to Pandora as I know she's good at English/with words generally but I know there are plenty of other people here who can also assist.

What are you applying for, again? :holmes:
Ah, hi! :hi:

Sorry, I usually add something along the lines of "or anyone else who can help" at the end as the more help the better! I just usually go to Pandora as I know she's good at English/with words generally but I know there are plenty of other people here who can also assist.

What are you applying for, again? :holmes:

History :biggrin:, yourself?

Latest