The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x_ANT
If that's what it says then you'll be okay applying to King's, but it will restrict your other choices. You'd have to look carefully at other requirements, to see if the ones you apply to want A2 Chem.

hey guys just got my ukcat results and really need some help in deciding unis!! does kings look at the individual section scores? btw got 10A* at gcse and AAABB at AS, predicted A*AAA.

VR- 530 :eek:
QR-640
AR- 900
DA- 900

Average: 743

SJT: Band 2

Just wondering if my VR score will affect my application?? do I have a chance of getting an interview at kings?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
guys does kings pay a lot of attention in the volunteering work?? what would you recommend for volunteering?
Reply 42
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
hey guys just got my ukcat results and really need some help in deciding unis!! does kings look at the individual section scores? btw got 10A* at gcse and AAABB at AS, predicted A*AAA.

VR- 530 :eek:
QR-640
AR- 900
DA- 900

Average: 743

SJT: Band 2

Just wondering if my VR score will affect my application?? do I have a chance of getting an interview at kings?

Oh jeez, your AR result is amazing!! How the hell? I'm hitting max. 40% on the Abstract section, advice pls?
:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAsian
Oh jeez, your AR result is amazing!! How the hell? I'm hitting max. 40% on the Abstract section, advice pls?
:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I was actually quite shocked too! :P i found the patterns in the exam to be quite simple- all basic ones no conditionals and stuff like the 600 book! i think just practise as much as you can and you will instantly see the common patterns...
yeah I was actually quite shocked too! :P i found the patterns in the exam to be quite simple- all basic ones no conditionals and stuff like the 600 book! i think just practise as much as you can and you will instantly see the common patterns...

how about the decision analysis?.. i've got the ukcat in a couple of days and am finding the decision analysis quite tough.. any advice??
Original post by browsearound
how about the decision analysis?.. i've got the ukcat in a couple of days and am finding the decision analysis quite tough.. any advice??

the codes are quite short and easy to interpret in the actual exam! I think just practise doing loads and you'll be fine :smile: does anyone know if kings look at the individual sections of the ukcat? i'm really worried about my VR score!!! :/
Reply 46
I'm a prospective international student who just finished his Alevels in the UAE.

My school only allowed me to do 6 GCSEs, I have 5 A*s and 1 B.

I have 4 AS all at A grade, Chemistry Biology Maths & Arabic.

I took Chemistry, Maths and Arabic into A2 level and got A*A*A.

So overall I have A*A*Aa.

In my UKCAT I got 640 with Band 2 in SJT, think I could get invited for an interview if I apply? I'm worried because I only have 6 GCSEs and I don't have that high of a grade in my UKCAT.
Hey i have 4A*s at GCSE, what sort of UKCAT would i need to stand a good chance of an interview?
Reply 48
hey, i was just wondering if i have a quite a good chance of getting in if i do only 3 as-levels since the 4th one that i really want to do clashes with my other subjects. i want to do pharmacy or pharmacology and i'm taking biology, chemistry and maths for a-levels (i wanted to take psychology but it clashes with chemistry)

ps, im just starting sixth form
Reply 49
Hi guys just did the UKCAT:
VR 530
QR 660
AR 660
DA 840

SJ BAND 3

Is it good or bad? Where can I apply with this score? Is King's impossible?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
the codes are quite short and easy to interpret in the actual exam! I think just practise doing loads and you'll be fine :smile: does anyone know if kings look at the individual sections of the ukcat? i'm really worried about my VR score!!! :/

I have the same question as my scores are very similar with VR being the loeswt. But i hope they will only look at the average.. :s-smilie:
Reply 51
Hello guys. I am an European applicant doing the IB with grade:44/45 (698 ucas points) I also got A in my As physics exam ( no gcses)and my Ukcat is 732.5. I have plenty of extracurricular activities like volunteering in Tanzania, Africa. Do I have high chances of getting interviewed by Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!
Still debating on King's medicine so if anyone could find a person who got an offer last year and has posted what their GCSE's and UKCAT were that would be great!
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Alexsk
Hello guys. I am an European applicant doing the IB with grade:44/45 (698 ucas points) I also got A in my As physics exam ( no gcses)and my Ukcat is 732.5. I have plenty of extracurricular activities like volunteering in Tanzania, Africa. Do I have high chances of getting interviewed by Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i think you have good chances for an interview.
Guys,honestly, what chances do I have for an interview with UKCAT 670 and 11A* and 2As for GCSEs?:/
Reply 55
Hi, I have a score of 720ukcat and 10A* 2A 2Distinction for GCSE's. What are my chances for an interview? Thank you in advance.
Reply 56
Original post by magdalisious
Guys,honestly, what chances do I have for an interview with UKCAT 670 and 11A* and 2As for GCSEs?:/

I think your gcses are very good :smile: and this will increase your chances but for last year the most applicants who were interviewed had a ukcat of above 695..:s-smilie:
Reply 57
Original post by KanKan
Hi, I have a score of 720ukcat and 10A* 2A 2Distinction for GCSE's. What are my chances for an interview? Thank you in advance.

Well done on your ukcat score! :smile: I think you have good chances for an interview..
Reply 58
Original post by kcapsoccer
Well done on your ukcat score! :smile: I think you have good chances for an interview..

Thank you :smile: I got 570 on VR, and above my average for the other sections. Do you think this will be much of a concern? Also - not wanting to sound like a dick, but is there any evidence available - e.g official stats?

I've 'followed' this freedom of information request - as this person seems to be asking for some good stats:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_admission_statisti_33#incoming-426708

I'll keep this thread updated when the stats come along .... or get rejected :frown:

Thanks again.
I guess you are applying to kings medicine in 2013 for 2014 intake??? What are your UKCAT scores and what do you think would be the minimum score to make it to the interview.....Sorry for asking so many questions, its just that I have not yet given the test and so am feeling pretty paranoid.

Quick Reply