The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeFailFish
Yeah, it's a book :smile: and I think it's a really good one, but some people would disagree. I'm sure you'll be fine if you haven't read the entire book before school starts! When do you go back - Monday? Tuesday? I go back on Tuesday but I don't actually start lessons until Wednesday.
You're very welcome :biggrin:
Yay! They're all awesome, although O'm not quite as up to date with the Song of Ice and Fire books as I should be...:s-smilie: I can see why you would go off Merlin, it did change quite a lot - I liked the way it went, but I have a few friends who really didn't.

I'll probably order it some time next week :tongue:
And I just finished reading Oryx and Crake; very confusing yet a great read
I enrol on Tuesdy (2 hours) and start on Wednesdy
I'm hoping to read the books that accompany some of these tv series too. I've read a bit of Sherlock though...
Original post by Red Fox
GCSE is pretty basic. I have an A in Spanish but potentially want to do French/German. I won't be able to learn it to A-Level standard so GCSE is probably the best qualification to show knowledge of a language.

I didn't revise at all for GCSE Spanish, still got an A*. In your case, an extra GCSE language could be a good qualification. IMO, when we're older, if you want to go into business, Mandarin is a must have. A lot of people speak English anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
Yeah, don't like the Korean circuit point system tbh. I was a bit sad about seeing EG not make it, especially today in OGN when Montecristo referred to the last OGN Summer finals. EG v Frost. To think that there's a chance that neither of them even being in worlds.

Tbh, I'll be really happy if I can see huge plays like what Faker did to Ryu today. Intense games would be good too, I don't want to see a 3-0 stomp in the finals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3343
Original post by Georgiecat
Yeah, is it a small board?

No, it's on OCR :smile:
hello everyone Lizzie here xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I didn't revise at all for GCSE Spanish, still got an A*. In your case, an extra GCSE language could be a good qualification. IMO, when we're older, if you want to go into business, Mandarin is a must have. A lot of people speak English anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have any IT qualifications. Do you think I should do one over the next year as IT is becoming more important?
Original post by Lucas.
Could you quote this post with some pictures of what you think would look alright please? :smile:

Well i'm not the most experienced in boy haircuts :s-smilie: maybe ask a boy aswell ,but I will try and look give me a few moments . But my top advice is go to a decent hairdressers and trust what they think looks best, they are normally right !
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
I don't have any IT qualifications. Do you think I should do one over the next year as IT is becoming more important?

Hmm, I don't have any either, but I'm really good with computers since I spend a lot of time on them. I know A LOT of schools have compulsory ICT in them. I don't think GCSE ICT is that relevant to using a computer, as far as I'm aware. If you could do some course that teaches you Python or JavaScript coding, something like that, I think it'll show you're more than proficient on a computer.

I've been told computer science will be really important when we're older so I definitely think you should do one, if you have time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3348
Original post by sarahiscool
Well i'm not the most experienced in boy haircuts :s-smilie: maybe ask a boy aswell ,but I will try and look give me a few moments . But my top advice is go to a decent hairdressers and trust what they think looks best, they are normally right !

Haha well I'm out with my posse tomorrow, so I'll ask them a few questions on what they think will look okay. :tongue:

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Hmm, I don't have any either, but I'm really good with computers since I spend a lot of time on them. I know A LOT of schools have compulsory ICT in them. I don't think GCSE ICT is that relevant to using a computer, as far as I'm aware. If you could do some course that teaches you Python or JavaScript coding, something like that, I think it'll show you're more than proficient on a computer.

I've been told computer science will be really important when we're older so I definitely think you should do one, if you have time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel have a new Computer Science GCSE but the first exams are in 2015 sadly. I'll look into some IT qualifications then:smile:.
GCSE ICT? using computers? HAH the most i did was microsoft office, adobe flash wasn't too bad. I reccomend codeacademy for basic coding knowledge

Original post by Dinasaurus
Here I am, sitting in my pjs doing nothing of note.

[PIC]

Look like an utter goon.

you remind me of rizzle kicks :P also is that a razer kraken headset?

Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, it sucks when you're one of the only people in your class that genuinely wants to do the work. :frown: Haha damn I wish I had attractive teachers! I know what you mean though about the whole experience thing. :smile:

Haha, see that's a good thing! If you can bump up your grades like that then you shouldn't have any problems with your results. :tongue: A level I'm doing Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. Don't have a clue what I want to do at Uni.. I have Criminology in my mind.. but that would only be if I had to make a choice right now. :tongue: I'll look into courses a little more after I'm settled into college. :tongue: What about you?

Haha thanks. :wink: Well my name is actually Luke, but I prefer Lucas, just seems cooler. :tongue: That's the only reason I did post a picture, I searched TSR for my school, college and local villages, and the only thing that's been mentioned is my college - albeit 6 years ago - so I reckon I'm safe. :tongue:

Accutane is a drug that 'cures' moderately severe acne. :frown: Been on it for 8 weeks and it's made a craaaaaaazy difference. I need to go on another course because it's still pretty bad, but I'm honestly happy with how I look at the moment. Sounds lame but I'm not scared to leave the house and talk to strangers any more. :tongue:

Nah man you seem like a cool guy haha. I like your hair. :tongue:

Except in the history exam i got a C :/ i retook and i need an A* to get an A overall : hmm :

cool, im doing maths, physics, economics and computing, i may do computer science in uni and go on to do some tech related career, i did want to be an IT attorney/lawyer but not sure its for me. I'm meant to move to America and go to uni after A levels, that's in 2 years... oh god i'm not ready nononono xD

am i safe? probably, my identity will be revealed in time... : sunglasses on :

Ah nice, it's good that you've found something that works so well! I had no contact with others for 4 years (homeschooling, preparing to move, poor primary school ect...) so... yay for no social skillz! *eiffel tower high five* xD
(edited 10 years ago)
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Flame

"Has a lot of female fans in Korea LoL community because of his handsome face as well as his dominant performance in top lane."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.
Haha well I'm out with my posse tomorrow, so I'll ask them a few questions on what they think will look okay. :tongue:

Thanks. :smile:

I think asking friends is best, a hairdresser will probably tell you what will earn them the most money or what you want to hear :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Flame

"Has a lot of female fans in Korea LoL community because of his handsome face as well as his dominant performance in top lane."

Posted from TSR Mobile

well that was random
Original post by Bude8
I think asking friends is best, a hairdresser will probably tell you what will earn them the most money or what you want to hear :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to pay according to what sort of haircut you get ? :eek: you sure that's right ?
You have to pay according to what sort of haircut you get ? :eek: you sure that's right ?

It was slightly relevant, and I'm not sure, my mum cuts my hair :ninja: but idk, they'll think of something. If it's just a haircut then I doubt prices will be different but if they think you look better with straight hair they might charge you to have it straightened, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
It was slightly relevant, and I'm not sure, my mum cuts my hair :ninja: but idk, they'll think of something. If it's just a haircut then I doubt prices will be different but if they think you look better with straight hair they might charge you to have it straightened, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok, lol your mum cuts your hair :tongue: I would not let my mum with scissors anywhere near mine
oh ok, lol your mum cuts your hair :tongue: I would not let my mum with scissors anywhere near mine

I actually had it cut by a hairdresser recently, end product looked roughly the same but it was a lot less painful :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3358
Original post by Glitch96
GCSE ICT? using computers? HAH the most i did was microsoft office, adobe flash wasn't too bad. I reccomend codeacademy for basic coding knowledge

you remind me of rizzle kicks :P also is that a razer kraken headset?

Except in the history exam i got a C :/ i retook and i need an A* to get an A overall : hmm :

cool, im doing maths, physics, economics and computing, i may do computer science in uni and go on to do some tech related career, i did want to be an IT attorney/lawyer but not sure its for me. I'm meant to move to America and go to uni after A levels, that's in 2 years... oh god i'm not ready nononono xD

am i safe? probably, my identity will be revealed in time... : sunglasses on :

Ah nice, it's good that you've found something that works so well! I had no contact with others for 4 years (homeschooling, preparing to move, poor primary school ect...) so... yay for no social skillz! *eiffel tower high five* xD

Dude, I'd love to go to America! Whereabouts are you moving to? I've been eyeing up Philadelphia, looks like such an amazing place, plus there's an amazing music scene there. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be safe. :wink:

I know! I'm so pleased with the results :tongue: Ah man I'm sure you must have some social skills. :smile: Anyway, if anything, it might be a good thing if you just get thrown in at the deep end. :tongue:

Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah they'd definitely tell me what I want to hear, and I really don't like people like that. I'd rather someone upset me but told me the truth. :tongue: I saw that you said your mum cuts your hair? Don't worry, my nan does mine. :colondollar: Don't care though haha. Might not be as great as a professional hairdresser, but I'd say she's a 7/10 which is good enough, and at least it's free! :biggrin:
Original post by Lucas.
Dude, I'd love to go to America! Whereabouts are you moving to? I've been eyeing up Philadelphia, looks like such an amazing place, plus there's an amazing music scene there. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be safe. :wink:

I know! I'm so pleased with the results :tongue: Ah man I'm sure you must have some social skills. :smile: Anyway, if anything, it might be a good thing if you just get thrown in at the deep end. :tongue:

Oh yeah they'd definitely tell me what I want to hear, and I really don't like people like that. I'd rather someone upset me but told me the truth. :tongue: I saw that you said your mum cuts your hair? Don't worry, my nan does mine. :colondollar: Don't care though haha. Might not be as great as a professional hairdresser, but I'd say she's a 7/10 which is good enough, and at least it's free! :biggrin:

Ah, I know how you feel then :3 she doesn't do a bad job but sometimes my hair gets caught and it hurts a bit, obviously hairdressers are more professional but they cost too :tongue: fee haircut is a free haircut, we mustn't complain xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest