The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by Glitch96
I can understand most of it.... lmao too funny

I hate living here. :smile:

Luckily my accent doesn't sound like that.. I don't really have an accent. :tongue:

http://vine.co/v/hiQnO5P77U6

There's one of my Vines.. I'm the one speaking.. (you get to see me for a bit too...) That's what my accent sounds like.

I'm on top of this massive hill in Norwich just outside the city centre and you get an amazing view of the city.. I'll post a picture after this post with the view. It's so nice.
Reply 3461
In my Vine in the my previous post, this is what the view looks like.

tobogan_mousehold_1024_1024x768.jpg
Original post by SimpleSomething
Happened across this thread accidentally. Now I'm scared. Thanks guys. :afraid:

We start on the 4th in my school. Sounds like they'll be throwing us in the deep end from the offset. I plan to do work experience every weekday for 2-3 hours after school throughout the year, all day Saturdays and on Sunday afternoons to top it off. God knows when I'll be able to do my school work. What have we gotten ourselves into? :tongue:

So, did you all choose a college or a 6th Form? And why? A lot of my friends chose colleges, but I stayed in my school's 6th Form, so I don't really understand the appeal. *forgive my ignorance!*

Don't be scared Glitchy's here! (then again that might be why you're scared xD)

I'm sure it'll be fine, no way is everyone going to have their heads in their books from the get go and the teachers will know that, hopefully. Nice what kind of work experience? I did a bit here and there in a lawfirm myself, was interesting see how intense the work is for some lawyers. It'll all pay off when we get ourselves good jobs! We just have to stagger the workload, no last minute cramming and all will be good :biggrin:

I though sixth forms were for the usual A level options and colleges were for the less academically intense subjects, but Lucas is doing A levels in a college according to him, so i guess the names are interchangable? in the US unis are called colleges too, confusing! I'm staying in my schools sixth form too, no need to move and i know my way around the campus and all my irl friends will be there too.

Original post by Lucas.
I hate living here. :smile:

Luckily my accent doesn't sound like that.. I don't really have an accent. :tongue:

http://vine.co/v/hiQnO5P77U6

There's one of my Vines.. I'm the one speaking.. (you get to see me for a bit too...) That's what my accent sounds like.

I'm on top of this massive hill in Norwich just outside the city centre and you get an amazing view of the city.. I'll post a picture after this post with the view. It's so nice.

NOT THOSE FRIGGING VINES VIDEOS THEY SPAM MY FACEBOOK

*breath*.... haha you and your accent are cool
Reply 3463
NOT THOSE FRIGGING VINES VIDEOS THEY SPAM MY FACEBOOK

*breath*.... haha you and your accent are cool

.. I like Vine. :frown:

But thanks. :tongue:
[video="youtube;I3dezFzsNss"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dezFzsNss[/video]

epic song :^_^:

it seems that all the lightweights have left :cool:
But school is fun! Apparently I can start a club at mine :biggrin: I think there's an anime club too

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't really have clubs, but I'm so gonna try and make an otaku community at my school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there :biggrin: I'm about 20 Mins from Bath and Bristol, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm about 20 minutes from Bristol too! I'm in the north - what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Nor
My Thursday is such a good day omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have Friday off at the moment, but I haven't had all my lessons yet >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
About time...
Reply 3469
Original post by blamethenargles
Well I have Friday off at the moment, but I haven't had all my lessons yet >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have film,history,free,film again then I can go home as I have nothing in the afternoon Thursday :smile:

epic song :^_^:

it seems that all the lightweights have left :cool:

[video="youtube;q_gfD3nvh-8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_gfD3nvh-8[/video]
Reply 3471
Original post by Bude8
[video="youtube;q_gfD3nvh-8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_gfD3nvh-8[/video]

Omg! I actually love girls generation :colondollar:
Original post by mr.nor
omg! I actually love girls generation :colondollar:

you better run
Reply 3473
Original post by Bude8
you better run

That's one of my favourites by them, along with gee and hoot....
Anyone in wembley high?If yes please reply.
Original post by LeFailFish
I'll do that then :biggrin: I'm looking forward to reading your work already!!

Good luck with that! It's very rewarding - I've only ever completed a long novel twice, but you feel so happy when you finish it, it's amazing. Although the prospect of reading back over it and correcting and editing is the most terrifying and daunting task ever. Or is that just me who has that problem? :confused:

At my school there's no freedom whatsoever with English Literature A level - you have to study Victorian literature, mostly Dickens, in year 12, and then love stories, mostly Shakespeare, in year 13. That's it. I chose not to take it because I hate Dickens with a passion (personally I just hate his writing style, although he was clearly talented) so I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I should, and because I do so much extra-curricular English I didn't think I needed to study it in school any more. I've always done writing courses and weeks away to help with writing, so I'll keep doing those without studying it in school. You're very lucky having such a great programme at your school, including an English club! :biggrin:

I used to come up with stories and re-eanct them with toys as well! It was one of my favourite pastimes. I've always loved writing as well - I can remember being told off in about year 3 because we were told to write a short story and mine as 9 pages long in the tiny handwriting I had at that point. I just got carried away and was enjoying writing it :tongue: The funny thing is, I always did stuff like that on my own but I have two brothers. I guess they always just played together so I was left on my own with my imagination. I don't watch much anime, but the ones friends have insited I watch have had some fairly crazy story lines!

I keep meaning to read those books! Are you enjoying them? I've just finished Insurgent (well, I picked it up yesterday evening and just read all of it, it's an extremely quick and easy to read book. But I enjoyed it) and I'm about to start A Clash Of Kings, which I've been meaning to read since I finished A Game Of Thrones months ago, but dad stole it. :mad: Next on my list after that is Watermark - I don't know if you've ever heard of it, it's nothing like the books I normally read because it's not fantasy, it's a look into human psychology and theories about human evolution whilst still having a plot about crime. It sounded really cool, so I figured I'd give it a go and see what I thought. :smile:

Thank you! Sorry I may be late e-mailing you the story as I've been so busy and I hardly ever go on my laptop. I hope this doesn't inconvenience you.

I also find reading over a novel you have written is very daunting. I'm scared I'll have to add more stuff and read it over again. But it must be very pleasurable after you've finished everything.

We don't get much freedom with book choices at my sixth form. It all depends on the teacher. It's a very small sixth form though, so it'll be nice to experience. The books they mentioned where Frankenstein and Pride and Prejudice. I'm hoping for Pride and Prejudice as I believe I'll find it more enjoyable. The second year we study Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare. The exam board is OCR just in case you wanted to know.

It's great that you go on writing courses. I've been meaning to research them. Are they local or do you travel far to get to them? Is there any you recommend? The sixth form I am attending also offers a Shakespeare residential trip. I LOVE Shakespeare! His works are like a beautiful puzzle, waiting to be solved.

I always write too much too, especially when it comes to things I love. XD I'm pretty sure I went over the word limit for my GCSE controlled assessments. I don't think I'm too bad at that though.

I am loving The Mortal Instruments as its a great plot line and very fast paced. I'm such a slow reader though it really annoys me. I must take in each and every word. I was too scared to read Game of Thrones as I heard its quite gory. I've never read a gory novel before. I also read an extract and didn't think it was my kind if of book. I prefer "gentle" fantasy, if you understand what I mean. :P I'll have to look up the other novels you mentioned as I haven't heard of them before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello everyone I have and haven't met yet :P sorry I haven't been so active as I should. I don't understand why I'm so busy. I want to relax just before sixth form but it seems I'll only have tomorrow to do that. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3477
Original post by Georgiecat
Oh, I see. Well, actually, I don't see - what do mean it's on OCR?

It's just a different course.

Like exam boards have courses in subjects like OCR A, OCR B... OCR MEI is just another different course for Maths.
Original post by Mr.Nor
That's one of my favourites by them, along with gee and hoot....

Original post by Bude8
you better run

:ahee: soshi fans :five: any love for genie? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3479
Original post by themancunian
:ahee: soshi fans :five: any love for genie? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The song? I find it quite standard tbh... but hoot :love:

I mostly have a thing for Jpop though... especially perfume and capsule :love:

Latest