The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Giggs is 39 years old ffs
Reply 9241
Giggs is going to have lods more game time under moyes that he would have under fergie, even if we bring someone in
Original post by manchesterunited15
Giggs is 39 years old ffs

given Giggs contribution/ability still for us, I don't really see how that means he shouldn't get games whilst he's fit and the manager thinks he's up to it?
Original post by cost
Giggs is going to have lods more game time under moyes that he would have under fergie, even if we bring someone in

Giggs got loads of game time under Sir Alex as well. He plays over 30 games a year every season.

It's no surprise to see him still getting picked.
Reply 9244
Kagawa, Nani and Rooney are the only midfielders that excite me at United, but it looks like Moyes sees Kagawa as a second striker/winger than a midfielder

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by NathanW18
Giggs got loads of game time under Sir Alex as well. He plays over 30 games a year every season.

It's no surprise to see him still getting picked.

well, who do you think knows better? Sir Alex and Moyes or some fans on the internet who won't be happy lest we sign every CM we are linked with every window?

I know who I trust tbh...especially given that despite the Giggs haters, we won the league 2 of the last 3 seasons with him being picked frequently despite his age...
Original post by SciFiRory
given Giggs contribution/ability still for us, I don't really see how that means he shouldn't get games whilst he's fit and the manager thinks he's up to it?

I actually do quite like Giggs and think he's a useful player, it's just for a game against Liverpool I'd rather it was Nani, Valencia or Kagawa (if he was fit which he would be had he started games this season instead of Giggs).
well, who do you think knows better? Sir Alex and Moyes or some fans on the internet who won't be happy lest we sign every CM we are linked with every window?

I know who I trust tbh...especially given that despite the Giggs haters, we won the league 2 of the last 3 seasons with him being picked frequently despite his age...

We're still able to win with Giggs in the side. It doesn't mean that it should still happen. He gives the ball away a lot and in games like this, it could cost us.

I also don't hate Giggs. The guy is a legend. I just don't think he should start against Liverpool away.
I actually do quite like Giggs and think he's a useful player, it's just for a game against Liverpool I'd rather it was Nani, Valencia or Kagawa (if he was fit which he would be had he started games this season instead of Giggs).

Nani is just back form injury tbf, Valencia was pretty poor against Chelsea as well (whereas Young looked fairly bright when he came on), Kagawa not being fit is something again I expect our manager to know better off than we do.

Original post by NathanW18
We're still able to win with Giggs in the side. It doesn't mean that it should still happen. He gives the ball away a lot and in games like this, it could cost us.

I also don't hate Giggs. The guy is a legend. I just don't think he should start against Liverpool away.

if he helps us win then what's the problem? Rooney makes poor passes at times as well but I doubt anyone in their right mind thinks he shouldn't play because of it when he's fit and on form...

fair enough, as I want us to win this game I sincerely hope you are wrong :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Nani is just back form injury tbf, Valencia was pretty poor against Chelsea as well (whereas Young looked fairly bright when he came on), Kagawa not being fit is something again I expect our manager to know better off than we do.

Okay, play Smalling/Fabio at RB, move Jones into CM and push Cleverley into Giggs' role. :ninja:
Okay, play Smalling/Fabio at RB, move Jones into CM and push Cleverley into Giggs' role. :ninja:

I would play Jones at RB ahead of Smalling or Fabio tbh, the former never plays well there, the later still has a lot to learn and is better on the left.

Cleverley normally more narrowly and deeper than Giggs :tongue:
Kagawa not even on the bench today! If Rooney isn't playing then surely Kagawa must start. Either he's not fit or Moyes hates him so much that he doesn't even put him on the bench.
#PRAYFORMOYES!
Reply 9253
ffs
Moyes record against big clubs, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Moyes record against big clubs, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

"big clubs" :laugh:
Reply 9256
"big clubs" :laugh:

:facepalm2:

Liverpool are currently not a 'big' team but it is undeniable that they are a 'big club'.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
:facepalm2:

Liverpool are currently not a 'big' team but it is undeniable that they are a 'big club'.

That's what I mean, maybe I wasn't clear. They are a big club, but as they're not a big team currently, it's pointless talking about whether Moyes beats them. He's playing against their current team, not their history.
tbf, it's not really United wrong tactics it's more Rodgers Liverpool good tactics. Man Utd suffer when closed down like that, players like Cleverly are getting bullied
Original post by Whitechapel
tbf, it's not really United wrong tactics it's more Rodgers Liverpool good tactics. Man Utd suffer when closed down like that, players like Cleverly are getting bullied
You can't usually close a top team down line Liverpool because they'll get the ball out and hurt you. You only have to look to what Bayern did to Barca, you need a very very effective pressing game normally. We don't have an exit, where is the ball going to go exactly? They can press because there is zero risk bar a long ball to RVP. Normally the ball would go to someone like Rooney who would then start the counter, but that player isn't there.

Latest