The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

One week into my course and I'm thinking of already switching. It just doesn't feel right to me at all. Maybe it's cause I'm totally out of my comfort zone but still. I need to make a decision on what I want to do really.
Reply 6981
Having a bit of a panic - housesitting on my own, in the middle of nowhere, is a bit scarier than I thought it would be (I have PTSD.) I was doing OK until it got dark, now I'm scared.

Bloody miles away from anyone I can call to come over and keep me company.

If this post disappears, it's because I've thought better of advertising my aloneness online... I'm pretty sure there's no way of figuring out, from the details I've given here or the accounts attached to this one, where I am, but still ?
Original post by Bex W
Having a bit of a panic - housesitting on my own, in the middle of nowhere, is a bit scarier than I thought it would be (I have PTSD.) I was doing OK until it got dark, now I'm scared.

Bloody miles away from anyone I can call to come over and keep me company.

If this post disappears, it's because I've thought better of advertising my aloneness online... I'm pretty sure there's no way of figuring out, from the details I've given here or the accounts attached to this one, where I am, but still ?

I feel for you! I HATE being home alone - currently hiding in my room in the dark listening for every tiny noise because my step dad left me alone!
You will be ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6983
Made lots of cookies tonight to keep me busy. Not sure what I'm going to do with 6 cookies but it passed some time. Unfortunately, I got distracted by my dog and grabbed one of the baking trays not realising it was still hot and I now have burns that are blistering on my hand :/
Reply 6984
Original post by PonchoKid
maybe go this time without your kit and prehaps meet the other players, then next time youll atleast have been before.
you can do it! :hugs:

hhes awake now thankfully, he said hes gonna text me all night so i feel safe.
watching xfactor atm so thats keeping me going for now :smile:
hope your feeling better :hugs:

That's great news hun :hugs:
Reply 6985
I feel for you! I HATE being home alone - currently hiding in my room in the dark listening for every tiny noise because my step dad left me alone!
You will be ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: We have dogs, I'm trying to tell myself that the dogs will keep me safe, but honestly I'm not sure they'd actually do anything to an intruder. They make a racket, but there's no one in earshot and I'm not sure the noise would scare someone...

I keep turning the lights on and off signalling "someone is here!"

VaVe - send them to me? I'm sure I could take care of six cookies for you :wink: Consider making a doctors appointment for the blisters - if you have burns on your hands, or they're larger than a 50p coin, you should get a doctor to look at them. In the meantime don't put any creams or anything on them, they tend to make things worse rather than better, increase your risk of getting an infection. I really hope they feel better soon!
Reply 6986
Original post by Bex W

VaVe - send them to me? I'm sure I could take care of six cookies for you :wink: Consider making a doctors appointment for the blisters - if you have burns on your hands, or they're larger than a 50p coin, you should get a doctor to look at them. In the meantime don't put any creams or anything on them, they tend to make things worse rather than better, increase your risk of getting an infection. I really hope they feel better soon!

My current plan is to take a load of them to work and leave them in the office. They're only small burns but there's a few of them which is annoying. Am planning to just leave them be, not as bad as the burn I got from my hair straighteners a few years ago.
Original post by 08batee
That's great news hun :hugs:

Currently hiding in bed in the dark pretending im not alone :/
But iv not cried yet which is a bonus right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bex W
Thanks :smile: We have dogs, I'm trying to tell myself that the dogs will keep me safe, but honestly I'm not sure they'd actually do anything to an intruder. They make a racket, but there's no one in earshot and I'm not sure the noise would scare someone...

I keep turning the lights on and off signalling "someone is here!"

I dont even have a pet to pretend its keeping me safe :frown:
Yeah i always leave 50million lights on and the tv :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I went to a party that I'd been ****ting myself about and it was OK. I drank some Coke and danced a bit and talked to friends who don't hate me after all (just like 08batee and possibly tasha96 and others too kept telling me :colondollar: ). Managed to get home all by myself as well and I didn't freak out unlike the last time I met this group of friends :woo:

Original post by BlueSheep32
Ended up telling my parents just how bad things got for me last year at uni and that I'm scared that it'll happen again and they were so much better about it than they have been. They said they wish I'd told them earlier or at least when it was happening and they might have been more supportive and made more of an effort to understand when I was upset for seemingly no reason.

They also said I need to work on my self-esteem because I obviously have a low opinion of myself and I shouldn't, so I suppose that might be what I end up talking about in counselling when I go back.

I'm a bit more hopeful now though :smile:

Repped (I think. My computer is SO slow at repping :nothing: )! Pleased to hear that :smile:
Reply 6990
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So I went to a party that I'd been ****ting myself about and it was OK. I drank some Coke and danced a bit and talked to friends who don't hate me after all (just like 08batee and possibly tasha96 and others too kept telling me :colondollar: ). Managed to get home all by myself as well and I didn't freak out unlike the last time I met this group of friends :woo:

Repped (I think. My computer is SO slow at repping :nothing: )! Pleased to hear that :smile:

So proud of you :h:
Original post by 08batee
So proud of you :h:

Thanks lovely. I may have consumed more than "some" Coke. As in, enough Coke to keep me up the whole night :facepalm: I never learn from that mistake! :getmecoat:
Thanks lovely. I may have consumed more than "some" Coke. As in, enough Coke to keep me up the whole night :facepalm: I never learn from that mistake! :getmecoat:

But you had a good time though :smile:
Surely not sleeping for 1 night is worth all the Coke in the world for a good night with friends :ninja: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
But you had a good time though :smile:
Surely not sleeping for 1 night is worth all the Coke in the world for a good night with friends :ninja: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :yep: Though all the Coke in the world would be a lot of Coke! :eek: Plus none of the bottles have my name on them :huff:

:ninja:
Indeed :yep: Though all the Coke in the world would be a lot of Coke! :eek: Plus none of the bottles have my name on them :huff:

:ninja:

It would deffinately would be :yep:
Ohh that sucks. Iv found my "official name" but not my actual name :frown:
Found my mums the other day though which i wasnt expecting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would deffinately would be :yep:
Ohh that sucks. Iv found my "official name" but not my actual name :frown:
Found my mums the other day though which i wasnt expecting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't realise you had two names. Learn a new thing everyday! :yep:

See, even if I went down Southall or some other Asian place, they still wouldn't have my name on a Coke bottle :cry2:

#TLGProblems
I don't know why I bother trying to have any kind of emotional control, I just suck at it

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
I didn't realise you had two names. Learn a new thing everyday! :yep:

See, even if I went down Southall or some other Asian place, they still wouldn't have my name on a Coke bottle :cry2:

#TLGProblems

Well my official name is just a lengthened version of what everyone calls me :ninja: my mum wanted my name on my birth certificate but my dad insisted they put the posh long name on there :unimpressed:

Iv seen some indian names on bottles and stuff so dont loose all hope! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SciFiRory
I don't know why I bother trying to have any kind of emotional control, I just suck at it

Spoiler

Talk to me :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6999

Oh no! :console: That's rubbish, hope you're getting some rest today then. And just to add, I would definitely be impressed if your name was on a Coke bottle :yep: I don't think I've even seen my name on a Coke bottle though, even though it's really common. I obviously just don't drink enough Coke :moon:

Latest