The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Lenton & Wortley 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

As of two days ago I too am in Lenton and Worley, I'm doing Philosophy and Theology and have a single study :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by JackFrankMurphy
As of two days ago I too am in Lenton and Worley, I'm doing Philosophy and Theology and have a single study :smile:

Excellent mix of subjects there! I'm glad you're now part of Lenton and Wortley - you will be staying in Lenton most likely! How come as of two days ago? :smile:
Reply 122
Hey :biggrin: I'll be studying Biology and living in a private shared bathroom :smile:
Original post by emilypsychology
Excellent mix of subjects there! I'm glad you're now part of Lenton and Wortley - you will be staying in Lenton most likely! How come as of two days ago? :smile:

Because I was only on a humble waiting list for accommodation due to a very silly assumption that I was granted it instead of applying for it. And yeah I know I love my subjects! :biggrin:

Wait there are two buildings? I thought there was just one?
Reply 124
It depends how you define building really, I think there are several buildings but there are certainly several blocks, which you can't get between without going outside.
Reply 125
Hey everyone! :smile: I'm in Lenton and Wortley too! I've gone for a shared bathroom, the rooms there look pretty decent, judging from videos on YouTube. Can not wait to start, it's seems really nice :smile:
Original post by HRMB
Hey :biggrin: I'll be studying Biology and living in a private shared bathroom :smile:

I have the Private Shared Bathroom deal too :biggrin:
Reply 127
Just wanted to say that whoever got in here will get the chance to live on the best halls on campus (in my opinion)

I stayed there in 2010/2011 in a private shared bathroom. The room was the best compared to rest of the halls. The office staff was extremely friendly especially the kitchen staff head. OMG she was so motherly!

The chief warden is also very friendly. In the first term he invites you to have a cheese and wine evening in his house. Its so much fun, he has a snooker table and all

Also, I never had a single fire alarm go off in the entire year. Unlike other halls where it goes off literally every other day

Oh how I wish i could go back to live there
Reply 128
I have the Private Shared Bathroom deal too :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I realise now that what I wrote makes it sound like I'll be living in the bathroom... whoever I'm sharing with, I promise I won't :wink:
Original post by HRMB
:biggrin:

I realise now that what I wrote makes it sound like I'll be living in the bathroom... whoever I'm sharing with, I promise I won't :wink:

Funny you say that as I read it like that and giggled a bit! :wink:
Because I was only on a humble waiting list for accommodation due to a very silly assumption that I was granted it instead of applying for it. And yeah I know I love my subjects! :biggrin:

Wait there are two buildings? I thought there was just one?

L&W has 12 numbered blocks, plus Lenton Hurst and Wortley House. Including the building containing the bar, dining hall and JCR, the hall itself comprises about 9 distinct buildings.
Reply 131
Funny you say that as I read it like that and giggled a bit! :wink:

:colondollar: *shrugs* :rolleyes:
Reply 132
hi :smile: i'm doing psychology and in a private shared bathroom in lenton too.
Original post by lilycrt
hi :smile: i'm doing psychology and in a private shared bathroom in lenton too.

Woo! Nice to find someone else exactly the same as me :smile:
Reply 134
same i'm so relieved!
Reply 135
Woo! Nice to find someone else exactly the same as me :smile:

also since you're psychology too, did we have to do any reading or anything before we get there? some courses/unis have to so i'm panicking!
Original post by lilycrt
also since you're psychology too, did we have to do any reading or anything before we get there? some courses/unis have to so i'm panicking!

Nope, nothing compulsory :smile:
Are any of you in the Facebook group for Lenton and Wortley? I haven't been accepted in yet :frown:
Are any of you in the Facebook group for Lenton and Wortley? I haven't been accepted in yet :frown:

I am in the official group :smile:

which is this one
I am in the official group :smile:

which is this one

Ah, I am now in it, thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending