The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Two days...
Original post by JustaDreamer
I told myself I was gonna go over moles for chemistry, and re-read my triple science book in order to refresh my memory of science. It didn't happen. Instead; I've been begging my mum to stay a little longer in the stationery section of each shop, to no avail. Going on Wednesday! :eek3::eek4::eek3:

You been reading up A-levels at all?
Original post by lolface32
You been reading up A-levels at all?

I've been doing summer work which has kinda prepared me a bit; but other than that...not really :colondollar:
I've been doing summer work which has kinda prepared me a bit; but other than that...not really :colondollar:

We done electronic configuration during our induction day, looked really cool:colondollar: Other than that, I have done shizzle :cool:
Original post by EvasiveRose
It has a 46.2% percentage of students achieveing A*/A. How does that compare to the national average?
My old school achieved a 48% pass rate at GCSE compared to the national average of 68.1 % (I believe). Do all universities have a flag system in place?

EDIT: By 93% I meant A*-C percentage

Your college is doing really well-A*C pass rate is 77.2% nationally and the A*-A pass rate is 26.3% nationally.I am going to make some predictions on the A-Level results in 2015(our year group)-A*(5%) A(17%) B(26.8%) C(24.8%) D(14.9%) E(6.6%).
We done electronic configuration during our induction day, looked really cool:colondollar: Other than that, I have done shizzle :cool:

Haha cool :smile: What A-levels are you doing?
Haha cool :smile: What A-levels are you doing?

Three sciences and Psychology. I may change Physics to History though, I cba to do the electricity section of Unit 2 :s-smilie:
Three sciences and Psychology. I may change Physics to History though, I cba to do the electricity section of Unit 2 :s-smilie:

Wow cool :smile: Yeah I was dithering between English Literature and Physics for ages; chose English for versatility and because I hate Physics but like Lit. :smile: Hmm which one do you enjoy/are better at naturally?
Wow cool :smile: Yeah I was dithering between English Literature and Physics for ages; chose English for versatility and because I hate Physics but like Lit. :smile: Hmm which one do you enjoy/are better at naturally?

That will have to be Biology :colondollar: Lol, this feels somewhat like an interview :tongue:
That will have to be Biology :colondollar: Lol, this feels somewhat like an interview :tongue:

Oops sorry! :redface: Just trying to help out in your decision.
Original post by Lucas.
Wow, that's pretty good! My school is terrible... :rolleyes:

School (no Sixth Form attached)

Sixth Form College I'm starting at next Monday.

Your school has 2% more achieving Academic A Levels than Techno836-the subjects that really matter to Universities so its doing better than Techno836's school.
Oops sorry! :redface: Just trying to help out in your decision.

Hahahahahaha, I didn't say I felt uncomfortable :wink:
Reply 3594
Original post by Dalek1099
Your school has 2% more achieving Academic A Levels than Techno836-the subjects that really matter to Universities so its doing better than Techno836's school.

It seems to be doing quite bad everywhere else though.. Apart from achieving the English Baccalaureate.. a whole 9% more! I think that's down to the fact that my school made a really big thing about it, and made sure that there was a humanity and language in every option block.
Anyone watching this years X-factor?
Original post by Red Fox
Is another language GCSE even worth it because I'm kinda interested in doing one.

I'm doing another 2 language gcses because really..... i love languages and its something i'd want to do at uni, i'd say do them if you're really organised and passionate or if it complements with your subjetcs but it really does depend on your time management as you need to prioritise your a-levels
Original post by Darnell LD97

I am! Shamefully. It only makes me mad, especially in the latter stages of the competition. I don't know why I put myself through it.
Original post by harrybithell196
I am! Shamefully. It only makes me mad, especially in the latter stages of the competition. I don't know why I put myself through it.

lol I'm just bored I don't normally watch these shows.
Reply 3599
Original post by Darnell LD97

The X Factor is everything that's wrong with the music industry at the moment. At the end of the day Simon Cowell couldn't give a toss about talent, he just wants to find someone with an average (or better voice) who is extremely exploitable/marketable in the industry in the current train wreck it is in at the moment.

The X Factor makes me so mad, I could write a whole book on why it's a disgusting show, and it's not just the 'music' side of it that's disgusting either.

Latest