The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wag12k12dunkno
why u killing time? i never could get into assasins creed tbf , u goin uni or skl?

Because it killed my puppy.

Honestly I don't like the series much either but I need something :tongue:

Uni, as of two weeks from now. Fair to say i'm a tad nervous but i'll be better after Fresher's and I know my way around. You?
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone

Honestly I don't like the series much either but I need something :tongue:

Uni, as of two weeks from now. Fair to say i'm a tad nervous but i'll be better after Fresher's and I know my way around. You?

sorry for your loss mate.

what uni are you going to and what are you going to study?
(edited 10 years ago)
sorry for ur loss mate

wat uni u going to and wat r u going to study

I'm going to Manchester and i'm studying Mental Health Nursing.

Although considering the fact I managed to cut myself on an aubergin a few days back, I think it's fair to say the practical aspects may be challenging :tongue:
I'm going to Manchester and i'm studying Mental Health Nursing.

Although considering the fact I managed to cut myself on an aubergin a few days back, I think it's fair to say the practical aspects may be challenging :tongue:

Oh, that sounds really good man! wHats an aubergin?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Happy new year! Could you tell us a bit about what happens? Like, do you mark the day in a particular way? I'm learning so much from your posts and would like to keep learning :colondollar:

Nothing exciting happens. Bog standard service and the Patriarch issues an encyclical.

It's basically the Byzantine civil calendar. The academic calendar starts about this time for the same reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, that sounds really good man! wHats an aubergin?

It's known as an eggplant sometimes and it's the smoothest food item you can imagine which makes it all the worse :lol:
It's known as an eggplant sometimes and it's the smoothest food item you can imagine which makes it all the worse :lol:

wow haha! btw do you pray before going to bed?

I still can't work out how you did that - there's nothing on an eggplant to make it possible to cut yourself. It seems impossible...

:rofl:
wow haha! btw do you pray before going to bed?

Sometimes! I stay up freakishly late so normally I do it around 1am when walking around the house like the weirdo I am and then spend a couple of hours listening to podcasts/lectures. Gotta make the most of it before uni starts :smile:

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I still can't work out how you did that - there's nothing on an eggplant to make it possible to cut yourself. It seems impossible...

It's the top green bit, it's a lot rougher than it looks :tongue: 'Least enough to get rid of a layer or two of skin. I then got my revenge my cutting it into a hundred little pieces and served it up with bacon :pierre:
Sometimes! I stay up freakishly late so normally I do it around 1am when walking around the house like the weirdo I am and then spend a couple of hours listening to podcasts/lectures. Gotta make the most of it before uni starts :smile:

It's the top green bit, it's a lot rougher than it looks :tongue: 'Least enough to get rid of a layer or two of skin. I then got my revenge my cutting it into a hundred little pieces and served it up with bacon :pierre:

Well, I'd say you won overall then :tongue:
Well, I'd say you won overall then :tongue:

No. If the aubergine drew blood, the aubergine won. Simples.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OurSeaBee

Posted from TSR Mobile

The aubergine drew blood, but was brutally killed and had his corpse desecrated, before being publicly punished alongside his co-conspirator, the pig.

I'd say being brutally murdered is a bit worse than having blood drawn.
The aubergine drew blood, but was brutally killed and had his corpse desecrated, before being publicly punished alongside his co-conspirator, the pig.

I'd say being brutally murdered is a bit worse than having blood drawn.

You're forgetting that the aubergine is an inanimate vegetable.

Taking revenge isn't the winner's way. You could have won the moral battle by being gracious in defeat. But you weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Generally winners don't have to watch their friends get minced in a food processor and then get thrown in with their remains and endtrails :mmm:

So they would have you believe :ninja:

Taking revenge isn't the winner's way. You could have won the moral battle by being gracious in defeat. But you weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A statue is an inanimate object... until you turn your back, and then oh no it isn't.

Generally winners don't have to watch their friends get minced in a food processor and then get thrown in with their remains and endtrails :mmm:

Indeed, winners are rarely brutally killed and served as food.
A statue is an inanimate object... until you turn your back, and then oh no it isn't.

SLF winning at life again.
Indeed, winners are rarely brutally killed and served as food.

There is a reason that I let my mother win at Scrabble.

Well. Bang goes that extended deadline. Harrumph. Life is sub-optimal.
(edited 10 years ago)
There is a reason that I let my mother win at Scrabble.

Well. Bang goes that extended deadline. Harrumph. Life is sub-optimal.

I... erm... What? I'm reading that in relation to what I said as if you won you'd be cooked and served for dinner...

Quick Reply