The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

is anyone thinking of doing history of art ?

Is it bad that I don't understand what half of it means , my school seems to have good statistics ... I think. I also don't get how my school doesn't have 100 % getting the eng bacc at gcse :s-smilie:
Original post by techno836
(Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Hey :cool: (Is this fashionably late? :s-smilie: )
I'm doing AS Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History all with CCEA. Our option for History is option 5: Germany (1918-1945) and Russia (1903-1941). Not that it matters since I'm the only one on this site doing CCEA History! But as for Chem, Bio and Maths...Molly, Molly and mascot: my comrades in arms.
Original post by tess_rach
I appreciate your animosity :smile: I was just interested to see if I knew you without knowing!! And Bristol town centre is pretty awesome :smile:

Now I want to see if i know you xD I think I know a Tess, if that's your name, do you know Corsham/Chippenham? :biggrin:

Original post by tess_rach
Yep :tongue: In my defence, I was copying the previous post as I was writing a load of nonsense in Spanish at the time :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

God i'm thick xD You do (did?) Spanish? Same except I never was that good, I couldn't bring myself to memorize any vocab así que hablo un poco espanol pero es muy utíl :tongue: ... If I get a B I will eat a hat

Original post by Lucas.
The X Factor is everything that's wrong with the music industry at the moment. At the end of the day Simon Cowell couldn't give a toss about talent, he just wants to find someone with an average (or better voice) who is extremely exploitable/marketable in the industry in the current train wreck it is in at the moment.

The X Factor makes me so mad, I could write a whole book on why it's a disgusting show, and it's not just the 'music' side of it that's disgusting either.

I need to convince someone I know Zayne from 1D, it will be soo funny xD. And yeah I've seen a few talented singers on that show fall to the wayside to pave the way for the next cash cow.
Original post by Dalek1099
Your college is doing really well-A*C pass rate is 77.2% nationally and the A*-A pass rate is 26.3% nationally.I am going to make some predictions on the A-Level results in 2015(our year group)-A*(5%) A(17%) B(26.8%) C(24.8%) D(14.9%) E(6.6%).

Thanks for the figures :biggrin:
Reply 3606
Hi guys! Is everyone looking forward to school! :/ anyway, I seem to be a bit late, but I'm doing Greek, Latin, History and Spanish (OCR, OCR, OCR and Edexcel) I'm a bit worried about the workload though.... What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3607

[Edit: Nevermind I was looking at the wrong bit... :colondollar:]

Also, this is going to seem so weird, but can you remember a guy who was at your school a few years ago called Jordan Smith? A very common name I know.. but if you do, that is so weird, because I know him... He plays guitar and skateboards.. was also on an episode of Embarrassing Bodies, used to have long hair... :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Did we even get any recognition for the Ebacc?
Original post by Glitch96
Now I want to see if i know you xD I think I know a Tess, if that's your name, do you know Corsham/Chippenham? :biggrin:

God i'm thick xD You do (did?) Spanish? Same except I never was that good, I couldn't bring myself to memorize any vocab así que hablo un poco espanol pero es muy utíl :tongue: ... If I get a B I will eat a hat

I am Tess, but I live quite a way from Chippenham - I'm sort of around the Yate and Cribbs Causeway area (but not really, I don't know how else to describe it - I'm just an awful lot nearer the river than you are!) , but I don't want to give away my town because it's quite small :tongue:

And yes, I did and will continue to do Spanish - I got an A* at GCSE and will continue at A-level from this week :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
The statistics that that league table provides for my school are from last year, so it doesn't take into account this year's results, by the way. :smile:
Original post by R_L_W
Hi guys! Is everyone looking forward to school! :/ anyway, I seem to be a bit late, but I'm doing Greek, Latin, History and Spanish (OCR, OCR, OCR and Edexcel) I'm a bit worried about the workload though.... What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fellow Latinist! :biggrin:
I love my new house already, so many new friends :biggrin:
Reply 3614
Original post by Lucas.
Wow, that's pretty good! My school is terrible... :rolleyes:

School (no Sixth Form attached)

Sixth Form College I'm starting at next Monday.

Haha the 6th form is but the GCSE's not so much :lol:
Reply 3615
Original post by sarahiscool
Is it bad that I don't understand what half of it means , my school seems to have good statistics ... I think. I also don't get how my school doesn't have 100 % getting the eng bacc at gcse :s-smilie:

haha i thought more of mine would have it but then i remember alot of people failed spanish :lol: :rofl:
Reply 3616
Original post by Lucas.
The X Factor is everything that's wrong with the music industry at the moment. At the end of the day Simon Cowell couldn't give a toss about talent, he just wants to find someone with an average (or better voice) who is extremely exploitable/marketable in the industry in the current train wreck it is in at the moment.

The X Factor makes me so mad, I could write a whole book on why it's a disgusting show, and it's not just the 'music' side of it that's disgusting either.

I actually wrote about it as part of my English coursework- I named it the Axe factor and then followed all the reasons why the x-factor should be axed:tongue:
Reply 3617

:rofl: feel sorry for that one person who didnt get 5 A* - C :rofl:
Reply 3618
Original post by Niassuh
Hey :cool: (Is this fashionably late? :s-smilie: )
I'm doing AS Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History all with CCEA. Our option for History is option 5: Germany (1918-1945) and Russia (1903-1941). Not that it matters since I'm the only one on this site doing CCEA History! But as for Chem, Bio and Maths...Molly, Molly and mascot: my comrades in arms.

added :h:
Reply 3619
Original post by techno836
:rofl: feel sorry for that one person who didnt get 5 A* - C :rofl:

There's always one! :lol:

Also does anyone know what a good 'size' for a sixth form is to have classes that are quite small? It says our sixth form has 75 pupils at the end of KS5, so is that a lot or little or normal?

Latest