The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9400
Cannot believe Real are selling Ozil, him and Ronaldo had a deadly partnership, and Bale and Isco haven't proven anything yet, they should wait at least a season, but Real just love to buy a new paint job whilst selling out their engine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by rohitbd
Cannot believe Real are selling Ozil, him and Ronaldo had a deadly partnership, and Bale and Isco haven't proven anything yet, they should wait at least a season, but Real just love to buy a new paint job whilst selling out their engine.

Tbf isco has been beasting it so far for real. He'll replace ozil without too many problems tbh.
Reply 9402
I think any fans hoping for a signing will be left disappointed today. Moyes' post-match interview spoke volumes about that.
Original post by Stopmessing
What puts me off Fellaini is that he's neither one or the other. He's not a technical player, nor is he someone who possess great visual awareness and creativity. We need a CM who drive us up the pitch, find that killer pass or produce that moment of magic. He won't provide that. There's also huge question marks over his temperament, since every time I've seen him on Match of the Day he's either head-butting or Elbowing someone in the face. Seriously, If we're going to buy him with the motif of playing him as a DM, I'd rather we just buy an established DM who can do a real job for us protecting our back 4. Rather than someone who's spent a season playing in an advance role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is he's not even a good DM, atm he's been playing in the DM position and he doesn't protect the back 4 enough, well I watch the highlights vs norwich he didn't follow his man for one of the goals and they did a through ball and a norwich player was free in space, and I noticed against cardiff(I watched the whole match) and watched it fully and he was doing the same thing. What's the point of having a player like that who won't cover and sweep up when offside traps don't work.

In AM he offers a different option and fair enough here, he's got strength, can allow you to get the ball high up the pitch quickly and I guess is an outlet if you're feeling the force and need a battering ram to hold the ball and trouble the defenders/midfielders. But when there's such a problem in CM, that renders a luxury signing in AM(while good there) pretty useless.

Just go for lars bender ffs.
Reply 9404
Original post by jam277
Tbf isco has been beasting it so far for real. He'll replace ozil without too many problems tbh.

Isco is great but has he ever showed such form across a whole season, he could get injured or just have bad form and the Ozil cries will begin, though Modric could play there.

Original post by rohitbd
Isco is great but has he ever showed such form across a whole season, he could get injured or just have bad form and the Ozil cries will begin, though Modric could play there.

I know, but 12/13, I'd say isco did better than ozil, he was pretty amazing for malaga last season, I didn't get to watch him too much, isco did beast it against real last season. Ozil while great was rather inconsistent last season, modric even started playing over him/di maria at one point.

At least if real get 43m for him, it's good business. Around his price, and 3 times more than he costed in 2010. Modric is fine there, bale can play there too so it's not like he's really needed. Di maria has to stay though.
Can't see us signing Ozil. He's just a better version of Kagawa.
Reply 9407
Original post by Manchester United
Can't see us signing Ozil. He's just a better version of Kagawa.

Where do you think Fellani will play, Ozil is better than Fellani would take him if Moyes thinks Kagawa is not good enough, plus Rooney hasn't signed a new contract.
Original post by jam277
I know, but 12/13, I'd say isco did better than ozil, he was pretty amazing for malaga last season, I didn't get to watch him too much, isco did beast it against real last season. Ozil while great was rather inconsistent last season, modric even started playing over him/di maria at one point.

At least if real get 43m for him, it's good business. Around his price, and 3 times more than he costed in 2010. Modric is fine there, bale can play there too so it's not like he's really needed. Di maria has to stay though.

Ozil was inconsistent last season but still was quite good against the best sides, I still think Ozil is their best player after Ronaldo.
Original post by xDave-
I think any fans hoping for a signing will be left disappointed today. Moyes' post-match interview spoke volumes about that.

He didn't say he wasn't going to try to sign some players just that if no transfers were completed then he would be happy with the current squad. What else was he meant to say? That he would be devastated if no one was bought.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9409
Ozil rejects arsenal bid. Is ManU an option for Ozil or will he stay at madrid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9410
Original post by CAP31

Posted from TSR Mobile

PSG have bided more than Arsenal apparently.
Reply 9411
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
He didn't say he wasn't going to try to sign some players just that if no transfers were completed then he would be happy with the current squad. What else was he meant to say? That he would be devastated if no one was bought.

He said we played very well, it's the best he's seen us play. Combine that with the no transfer thing and I think it's pretty obvious we're not getting anyone personally.

Original post by CAP31

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure he'll stay at Madrid. Isco can play from CM, so he isn't a direct threat to Ozil's position, nothing's changed there. Bale will be on the right primarily, so he's threatening Di Maria more.

However, when Alonso comes back, I'm not sure if Isco would be playing CM anymore, so then Ozil is in trouble. At the moment, Ozil is better than Isco though, so he should be fine really.
Original post by xDave-
He said we played very well, it's the best he's seen us play. Combine that with the no transfer thing and I think it's pretty obvious we're not getting anyone personally.

Pretty sure he'll stay at Madrid. Isco can play from CM, so he isn't a direct threat to Ozil's position, nothing's changed there. Bale will be on the right primarily, so he's threatening Di Maria more.

However, when Alonso comes back, I'm not sure if Isco would be playing CM anymore, so then Ozil is in trouble. At the moment, Ozil is better than Isco though, so he should be fine really.

Fellaini looks the most likeliest at the moment but will that go through I'm not sure. A lot of things have been reported and maybe Everton want to get a signing or 2 in themselves before letting him go. In for a long 11 hours or so.
Original post by xDave-

Edit: Ozil seems to be off to Arsenal according to the BBC and Sky sports. He's needs to have a medical before the transfer is confirmed.
The sky is caving in.

With Ozil, I'm sure Arsenal will be able to give our midfield the run around.
Reply 9415
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Edit: Ozil seems to be off to Arsenal according to the BBC and Sky sports. He's needs to have a medical before the transfer is confirmed.

I'm still not sure. I'd be absolutely stunned if this happens, it's a huge step down for Ozil's career if he goes there. I'd say it must be about money, but Arsenal are quite infamous for not offering much.

It'd be a crime to let Ozil go to another club if he really is available. I don't care if we don't play Kagawa right now; we're talking about a different quality of player here, Ozil is outstanding. Besides, Ozil can play from the right anyway, and Kagawa has played on the left. Kagawa, Rooney, Ozil with RVP up top would be outstanding. Nani and Zaha as a different type of option. Valencia and Young, if we kept them, as another.
Original post by Cutmeloose
The sky is caving in.

With Ozil, I'm sure Arsenal will be able to give our midfield the run around.

I think he'll be a great signing for them. Could give them the push up front which they seriously need. Although at the back they're not great and Ozil isn't really known for tracking back as such but still a quality player.
Original post by xDave-
I'm still not sure. I'd be absolutely stunned if this happens, it's a huge step down for Ozil's career if he goes there. I'd say it must be about money, but Arsenal are quite infamous for not offering much.

It'd be a crime to let Ozil go to another club if he really is available. I don't care if we don't play Kagawa right now; we're talking about a different quality of player here, Ozil is outstanding. Besides, Ozil can play from the right anyway, and Kagawa has played on the left. Kagawa, Rooney, Ozil with RVP up top would be outstanding. Nani and Zaha as a different type of option. Valencia and Young, if we kept them, as another.

I don't think he'll be coming to United, a lot of reliable sources are saying that the deal is almost done and Ozil just needs to go through a medical and he'll be an Arsenal player. Quality player and he'll defiantly be a player who will light up the Premier League if he is able to adapt to the League.
Original post by xDave-

Exactly. Last year, we didn't even really need Van Persie, yet look how that one turned out.

quality is quality. Right now, our squad is a cesspit of mediocrity, even Nani, Carrick are not top draw players, the latter is in his twilight years. Ozil could easily come in and confine Giggs to permanent retirement.

Just don't want to see the annual complaints when we get sent sprawling in the round of 16 or last 8 in Europe if we're lucky.

Our only top quality players are Rooney, Van Persie and two ageing centre halfs.
Didn't Ozil come out and say he wanted to fight for his place at Madrid? :rolleyes:
As much of a quality player he is, we don't need him especially for the fee he's going for.
Dare i say it i rather have baines and fellani for 42.5 million than Ozil.

Would be happy if we signed Ander Herrera, but i doubt it'll happen

Latest