The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lazuliblue
Do you really have mice? Because I have mice too! I got them about a month ago. I have had lots of pets, but only one mouse in the past (when I was very young) and I have to say, mice are AWESOME!!! They are so....interactive, for want of a better word. And they love climbing...I have created quite the adventure playground for them.

That sounds so awesome. Like want to be one of your mice awesome.
Original post by SciFiRory
okay so I actually don't know what to do now :frown:

my mum's kicking me out cause I do nothing and I just **** up anything I do try to do cause I just have 0 motivation and 0 self care and 0 anything, so yeah, um, apparently I can stay with my dad but that's not great cause all my support and stuff is here not near him :frown: if I have to start it all again it will take months to sort out and idk.

I just clearly can't do anything right and fail at being alive even so yeah, I guess I can either stay with my dad or be on the streets or I have no idea.

crying, confused, I just, I've ****ed up everything and I don't know what to do now.

:jumphug: Poor Rory. :frown: Sounds like going with your dad might be better in the short-term, and then you can try and work things out with your mum/find somewhere else to stay longer-term.

Have you tried the charity Shelter? They're meant to be really good at sorting out this kind of thing. :smile:

Do you really have mice? Because I have mice too! I got them about a month ago. I have had lots of pets, but only one mouse in the past (when I was very young) and I have to say, mice are AWESOME!!! They are so....interactive, for want of a better word. And they love climbing...I have created quite the adventure playground for them.

Awesome! :five: I've got three mice - Elliott, Nutmeg and Grace - I only got them about a week ago, but I've already fallen in love with them. :love: They're still a little shy of me (they're rescue mice, so might have had bad experiences in the past), but it's been great fun even just watching them play. I've been making toys for them too, my ones love climbing too. :h:
Gyah parents, I was talking to my mum last night and two things came up which really got to me, the worst of which being that she's going into complete overprotective mode. She said that when i'm at University i'm not allowed to walk outside of it by myself, I need to call them if i'm going to meet anyone and they want to drive me everyday as if I was 9 still :frown: She's always been like this, even as a kid I wasn't allowed to play in my back yard without someone supervising but now she wants to handhold me through Uni and she won't listen to my complaints. She just adds on the gult trip ("well if you want me not to have a daughter then go ahead") so she can control my life and destroy all my self-confidence. She even started saying how friends are overrated and I don't need them anyway ._.

Then my asexuality came up and she wasn't understanding of it in the least, she kept saying how i'll meet a nice boy and that will be that. I tried saying i'm about as attracted to men as she is to women but she won't hear it, she really doesn't seem to get how much it means to me but she just keeps interrupting and saying how 'well that's how you feel now' even though that's the entire point! Just because i've said some people are handsome doesn't mean i'm sexually attracted to them :angry: Why can't she accept that.

/ranting over.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello people :hello:
Original post by MDunkley1995
Hello people :hello:

Holla! How's your Monday going? :hugs:
Original post by danny111
I feel really bad for you and I don't know what you can do, but you are not a worthless piece of ****. Please don't think that, there are so many people here that think you are a great person and that's the truth.

don't, like my mum said "I brought this all on myself", I deserve to suffer.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Could you use a couch surfing website if all else fails to find somewhere to stay?

dunno, nobody would want me that's for sure though.

Original post by superwolf
:jumphug: Poor Rory. :frown: Sounds like going with your dad might be better in the short-term, and then you can try and work things out with your mum/find somewhere else to stay longer-term.

Have you tried the charity Shelter? They're meant to be really good at sorting out this kind of thing. :smile:

looks like it's my dads or the street so I guess so, not that he will put up with me for long, doubt even charities will want to help someone as vile as me.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Holla! How's your Monday going? :hugs:

My Monday is good, enjoying the last Monday I have before I go back to College.

I heard you're having a mildly bad day from the reply you posted earlier. The top paragraph is similar to what I'm going through, but this is more a build up though since they're worried about me starting University since I'm not the most stable of people at all times, but it shows they care which is the main thing :bigsmile:
Reply 7087
don't, like my mum said "I brought this all on myself", I deserve to suffer.

dunno, nobody would want me that's for sure though.

looks like it's my dads or the street so I guess so, not that he will put up with me for long, doubt even charities will want to help someone as vile as me.

You are not a bad person, you'll find somewhere to stay long term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rory I know it must be hard not to be negative in a situation like this, but you've got to stop thinking about yourself in this way! The more you call yourself vile and worthless, the more you'll believe it and it simply isn't true. :hugs:
My Monday is good, enjoying the last Monday I have before I go back to College.

I heard you're having a mildly bad day from the reply you posted earlier. The top paragraph is similar to what I'm going through, but this is more a build up though since they're worried about me starting University since I'm not the most stable of people at all times, but it shows they care which is the main thing :bigsmile:

Gyah, it's too melancholic isn't it? Last week before responsiblities and other crap :tongue:

Yeah well that's good :yep: What are you hoping to study at Uni?
Rory I know it must be hard not to be negative in a situation like this, but you've got to stop thinking about yourself in this way! The more you call yourself vile and worthless, the more you'll believe it and it simply isn't true. :hugs:

I dunno, I spent most of my life with people telling me I am, it's hard to think otherwise :frown:

I really don't know what to think or do, I texted my mum cause I did every possible household job that could need doing and she told me to book a GP appointment here so I did :/

I just hope I can make up with her somehow and stay cause otherwise everything is going to fall apart :frown:
Gyah, it's too melancholic isn't it? Last week before responsiblities and other crap :tongue:

Yeah well that's good :yep: What are you hoping to study at Uni?

Ah I've applied for 2 courses at one University, both are at different levels but the courses I've applied for are:

BSc (Hons) Computer Network Management and Security (My priority)
&
FdSc Information Technology Support

What are you going to study at University then? :smile:
Ah I've applied for 2 courses at one University, both are at different levels but the courses I've applied for are:

BSc (Hons) Computer Network Management and Security (My priority)
&
FdSc Information Technology Support

What are you going to study at University then? :smile:

Ooh, sounds wonderful <3

I'm starting Mental Health Nursing in two weeks, I did something ever so slightly wrong on my registration form though today and now i'm freaking out about it a little bit :rolleyes: Eeeever so slightly pathetic, it's not even anything that bad but I can't help worrying about everything ¬¬
Ooh, sounds wonderful <3

I'm starting Mental Health Nursing in two weeks, I did something ever so slightly wrong on my registration form though today and now i'm freaking out about it a little bit :rolleyes: Eeeever so slightly pathetic, it's not even anything that bad but I can't help worrying about everything ¬¬

It'll be fine, perhaps you should just ring whoever you needed to send it off to and point out that you made a minor mistake, though with it being minor they will most likely ignore it :smile:

It's okay to worry, I'm worried enough about my grades :doh: :erm:
I dunno, I spent most of my life with people telling me I am, it's hard to think otherwise :frown:

I really don't know what to think or do, I texted my mum cause I did every possible household job that could need doing and she told me to book a GP appointment here so I did :/

I just hope I can make up with her somehow and stay cause otherwise everything is going to fall apart :frown:

I really hope things work out with your mum, you deserve a stable home life. :console:
Original post by danny111
That sounds so awesome. Like want to be one of your mice awesome.

You would love it :biggrin:

Awesome! :five: I've got three mice - Elliott, Nutmeg and Grace - I only got them about a week ago, but I've already fallen in love with them. :love: They're still a little shy of me (they're rescue mice, so might have had bad experiences in the past), but it's been great fun even just watching them play. I've been making toys for them too, my ones love climbing too. :h:

Aw I love the names :smile: Are they all female? I got 2 females, hoping the smell wouldn't be as bad as males!It is actually pretty good, I have to clean their wheel every day, and then do a full clean out every 3-4 days, and they don't smell. They do tend to poop on me when I get them out though! I have to have kitchen towel ready. Thankfully they've stopped peeing on me every time though, that was....smelly. And I'm really squeamish when it comes to things like that!
Aw I love the names :smile: Are they all female? I got 2 females, hoping the smell wouldn't be as bad as males!It is actually pretty good, I have to clean their wheel every day, and then do a full clean out every 3-4 days, and they don't smell. They do tend to poop on me when I get them out though! I have to have kitchen towel ready. Thankfully they've stopped peeing on me every time though, that was....smelly. And I'm really squeamish when it comes to things like that!

Elliott's a neutered male, and the others are both female. There's pretty much no bad smells at all with mines - I use hemp in their cage, which is meant to be better than wood shavings or paper in terms of smell, and I only need to clean them out once a week. Elliott poops all over the place when I take him for a run about in the bath because he's still a bit nervous, but Nutmeg's fine with it (Grace is the most shy, so I'm leaving off trying to handle her for now).

Do you feed yours mealworms? I think they're the most yicky thing I have to deal with, but the mice love them! :tongue: Do yours get any treats they particularly like? I'm trying to find a good range of things they'll enjoy (preferably healthy ones). So far their favourites are mealworms, malt paste, peanut butter and flaxseed.
Reply 7097
Cant currently breathe properly :'( Just had a call from occupational health team and they asked me loads of questions, specifically about hospital and I kind of lied because I need uni so much and now they are going to get my records of the doctor and they'll find out and I wont be able to go and then my life really will be over. I think I'm having a panic attack or something :'(
Original post by 05autyt
Cant currently breathe properly :'( Just had a call from occupational health team and they asked me loads of questions, specifically about hospital and I kind of lied because I need uni so much and now they are going to get my records of the doctor and they'll find out and I wont be able to go and then my life really will be over. I think I'm having a panic attack or something :'(

What makes you think they won't let you go?
Reply 7099
Original post by Noodlzzz
What makes you think they won't let you go?

Because theres two x (thing we aren't allowed to talk about) on my file from the last 3 months :'( I actually am panicking so much

Latest