The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahiscool
I have it aswell, I don't think we had to ( although we might be in that area ) but I think the school wants us to have it, I personally think that it's a good idea health wise to continue it for sixthform

I like many sports, I play hockey and I go to the gym or swim 2/3 times a week, so it's not the sport bit that I have a problem with! I just believe that we should have the option to study instead, provided we are actually studying, if we have something that needs to be done, like coursework. Plus, at my school most people do dislike sports... so people try their best not to join in. That makes the whole experience quite unenjoyable. :frown:

EDIT: I do agree that the health benefits are a good reason to offer PE though.
Reply 3701
i thought itunes was broke then I realised I accidentally turned the volume all the way down................
Right quick question everyone :smile: Basically I'm hoping to do economics at university and at the minute the A-levels I've chosen are maths, further maths, mandarin, economics and English literature. In my school mandarin can only be done to AS level so I'd continue with my four other options. However, I'm thinking of changing English lit to physics because I'm hoping to go to one of the top universities for econ and physics would probably be a safer subject to get an A in for me than lit. I'm probably slightly better at physics and I enjoy both subjects equally. I just worry that if I drop English lit I'll be very maths focused with maths, further maths and physics and won't show enough variety. Anyone got any opinions on what I should do? :smile: also sorry for the massive paragraph the enter button still isn't working on here for me :/
Reply 3703
Omg Arctic Monkeys new album leaked!!!!
Original post by Mr.Nor

Is it good?
Reply 3705
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Oh yes! I always get so muddled up on here with so many people :colondollar: You know that now!

I second Techno, get an avatar. :tongue:
Reply 3706
Original post by Mr.Nor

It sure has! It took its time! Downloading it now... :colondollar:

It's been downloading for about 10 minutes, and I have another 25 to go...

I'm not sure if it's because my internet is ****, or because loads of people are downloading it at the same time.. Probably a mixture of both.. :frown:
What's going on guys?! I hope you people are ready for this! When do you guys start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have posted a thread about the following already but just to get more help, I'm going to post it again here:smile:.

I am currently studying:
Maths
Which I got an A* in IGCSE and a B in Further Pure Maths. And therefore the C1 and C2 paper will not be very hard for me.
Economics
But I didn't learn Economics for IGCSE because my school did not offer it until I was in Year 11, though I did get a B in Business Studies.
History
Which I enjoy learning very much and achieved a B in IGCSE, but got an A in the mock exam. My teacher apparently said that I was only 1% away from A, so I am going to send it again for remark.
Art
Which achieved an A but was marked a 100% A* from my art teacher, so it is going to be remarked as many other students got lowered by around 20%.
Mandarin
Which is one of my mother tongues. I have already got an A in AS last year when I was in Year 11, and had finished half the book of A2 last year. So I would be finishing the A2 course this year, and may have extra time for other subjects.

Although I am taking A-levels, I am going to apply for American or Canadian universities.
That means I would need to take SAT for US universities this or next year.
Now, I have an A for English Literature and B for English Language for IGCSE. And would very much improve my English writing skills through taking Critical Thinking classes.
I've seen threads talking about how Critical Thinking can help with essay writing, and since I have History, Economics and the SAT essay to worry about, I think it may be a good idea to take it.

And by the way...I still haven't decided to apply to which university or even my major in university.
But I do have some ideas:
Either Economics, which I do not enjoy very much but my parents insist I take it, or Art related, including game designing or 3D modeling (something like that). Though I'm thinking of taking an evening course in university that relates to psychology because I am extremely interested in it. But I hear A-level psychology is boring and hard so I don't really feel like taking it.
I wonder if North America universities actually see Critical Thinking as a good subject to take...and if they would value this subject.

Any thoughts about it?
Reply 3709
Original post by Decerto
Is it good?

About to start listening to it now!

Original post by Lucas.
It sure has! It took its time! Downloading it now... :colondollar:

It's been downloading for about 10 minutes, and I have another 25 to go...

I'm not sure if it's because my internet is ****, or because loads of people are downloading it at the same time.. Probably a mixture of both.. :frown:

Editing it in Itunes as we speak hehe...
Reply 3710
Original post by Mr.Nor
About to start listening to it now!

Editing it in Itunes as we speak hehe...

You jammy bastard! It's weird, I'm not even a huge Arctic Monkeys fan - everything post Favourite Worst Nightmare just bores me so much - but I am dying to know how this album sounds! I haven't listened to any of the songs on it so far apart from R U Mine? so I'm hoping it'll sound a bit like that, because that song was actually alright..

Regardless of whether I like it or not, I'll probably delete the leak in an hour or so. :tongue:
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
What's going on guys?! I hope you people are ready for this! When do you guys start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mañana.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3712
Original post by Lucas.
You jammy bastard! It's weird, I'm not even a huge Arctic Monkeys fan - everything post Favourite Worst Nightmare just bores me so much - but I am dying to know how this album sounds! I haven't listened to any of the songs on it so far apart from R U Mine? so I'm hoping it'll sound a bit like that, because that song was actually alright..

Regardless of whether I like it or not, I'll probably delete the leak in an hour or so. :tongue:

I'm nearly done with track 3 my thoughts so far are:

Do I Wanna Know? 10/10
R U Mine? 7/10
One For The Road 7.5/10
Reply 3713
Original post by Mr.Nor

Eurgh haven't they died off the scene yet? :tongue:

Just kidding, not really my thing though, never really liked them :redface:
Reply 3714
Original post by Tibbz2
Eurgh haven't they died off the scene yet? :tongue:

Just kidding, not really my thing though, never really liked them :redface:

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not is an all killer no filler album! And Favourite Worst Nightmare was pretty cool too, probably my favourite album, but like I said before, their newer stuff really does leave a lot to be desired... And I can't stand people who hail Alex Turner as some kind of God who writes the best lyrics ever... His lyrics are pretty average. :tongue:

¡También mi! ¿Tu hablas español?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3716
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm nearly done with track 3 my thoughts so far are:

Do I Wanna Know? 10/10
R U Mine? 7/10
One For The Road 7.5/10

It's sounding pretty promising then! It's finally downloaded for me. :biggrin:
Reply 3717
Original post by Lucas.
It's sounding pretty promising then! It's finally downloaded for me. :biggrin:

My thoughts on the next 3 tracks are:

Arabella- 8/10
I Want It All- 8/10
No.1 Party Anthem- 9/10

I honestly love it so far, definitely a contender for album of the year for me!
Reply 3718
Original post by Mr.Nor
My thoughts on the next 3 tracks are:

Arabella- 8/10
I Want It All- 8/10
No.1 Party Anthem- 9/10

I honestly love it so far, definitely a contender for album of the year for me!

Nahhh.. this is pretty dull. Not my thing at all. Wayyyyyyyyy too boring for me. Definitely a step up from Suck It And See though. :tongue:
Reply 3719
Original post by Lucas.
Nahhh.. this is pretty dull. Not my thing at all. Wayyyyyyyyy too boring for me. Definitely a step up from Suck It And See though. :tongue:

Out of all their albums, Favourite Worst Nightmare is defintely the best I can't fault any thing on it

Latest