The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd
115 - Ander Herrera made 115 tackles last season in La Liga; more than any Manchester United midfielder managed (Carrick 83). Lionheart.

Ander Herrera executed more key passes last season (35) than Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley & Shinji Kagawa combined (33).

Ander Herrera won more tackles last season (90) than Premier League trio Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere & Yaya Toure combined (83).

Pretty impressive stats.

Original post by doggyfizzel
He is Spanish, so generally will have a pretty impressive technical ability and he played in the Bilbao side that took us apart so we know he can pass and not just sideways. That Bilbao side played a very technical and direct system.

Yeah the entire Bilbao midfield were very good against us.
Original post by DH1'
Guillem Balague better not be talking crap
Probably, its a pretty safe call on deadline day really, it either happens in the coming hours or he can make up some excuse about disagreement over image rights or some rubbish.
Reply 9482
I'd like to see Herrere and/or Fellaini, even if they are not world class starts, they will still bring something new and refreshing to the squad.
Reply 9483
Original post by jam277
Those are some good stats, at least we know that he'll be good when on the backfoot and he has creativity.

Still a hefty fee but this seems like a good player.

Its a big fee but Bilbao don't wanna sell, he fits the bill and should be better than Cleverly. He apparently has a good attitude and reports that he is taking a wage cut makes me like him more than before.
Original post by DH1'
Guillem Balague better not be talking crap

This is the man that said we were signing Torres and Falcao, so don't hold your breath :tongue:
BBC reporting the same stuff about Herrera, i.e that he is willing to take a wage cut but they are more cautious suggesting depends on us stumping up the cash. If the guy has done that to move then we should more than ready move for him.
Original post by Zürich
No chance, AOC is only 19 so hardly demanding first team football. We wouldnt sell for 30m.

Come on mate, Ozil is on another level to Kagawa.

Kagawa doesn't get best player in the bundesliga 2 seasons ago for no reason, he was injured for half a season at united so wouldn't shine like people expected and played out of position very often and you saw his quality there anyway.

Kagawa is in that bracket, plus anyway ozil had a poor season last year so it's not like he's this amazing god. If you said Mata or kroos/reus then I'd say fair enough but kagawa is a great player but not fitting into uniteds system(essentially because of the signing of RVP)
Original post by rohitbd
Its a big fee but Bilbao don't wanna sell, he fits the bill and should be better than Cleverly. He apparently has a good attitude and reports that he is taking a wage cut makes me like him more than before.

He's lowering his wage demands, not taking a wage cut.

It's 2013, money comes before everything.
Enjoy Fellaini guys, but we'll take this guy :wink:
ozil.png
Don't think United will confirm any of their transfers until close to the end. Fellaini's looking more than likely since Everton have had bids rejected for James McCarthy but once they confirm that I'm sure United will have their man. On Herrera, its gonna drag on until the very last minute.

I'm trying to stay away from all the hype but its almost impossible.
Original post by leinad2012
ozil.png

Hehe, only so much Ozil can do for Giroud.

You can't polish a turd :tongue:
ozil.png

Enjoy no trophies while united win trophies :wink:
Original post by jam277
Kagawa doesn't get best player in the bundesliga 2 seasons ago for no reason, he was injured for half a season at united so wouldn't shine like people expected and played out of position very often and you saw his quality there anyway.

Kagawa is in that bracket, plus anyway ozil had a poor season last year so it's not like he's this amazing god. If you said Mata or kroos/reus then I'd say fair enough but kagawa is a great player but not fitting into uniteds system(essentially because of the signing of RVP)

Bet you wouldnt have said that 24h ago...

The guy is world class, no denying that whereas Kagawa has done a good job in the Bundesliga. Ozil was at that level in 2009.
Reply 9493
Original post by Zürich
No chance, AOC is only 19 so hardly demanding first team football. We wouldnt sell for 30m.

True but there was alot of hype around him when he signed and in his first year, and he admitted himself that he has failed to live up to it. He hasn't been demanding first team football but like I said, with Ozil things are going to change, AOC is competition with Poldoski, Carzola, Ozil, Rosicky, whereas at United Young, Nani
Moysie needs some perspective on the Fellaini deal. You missed the release clause, so don't let your old club take you on a ride.
ozil.png

Quality player no doubt but right now I don't think he's the player you guys need the most. Need a striker desperately with Podolski injured you can't rely too much on Giroud alone. Seems like you're in for Ba which is a downgrade from every high profile striker you've been linked to so far.
Original post by cost
True but there was alot of hype around him when he signed and in his first year, and he admitted himself that he has failed to live up to it. He hasn't been demanding first team football but like I said, with Ozil things are going to change, AOC is competition with Poldoski, Carzola, Ozil, Rosicky, whereas at United Young, Nani

Still young tbh and wont really be a player until he's 22/23 probably. At this stage you just need to see steadyily improving performances and I think he's shown that. He'll get 20 games probably next season and there's nothing wrong with that. Zaha will get a similar amount at Utd and is older.
Original post by Aky786UK
BBC reporting the same stuff about Herrera, i.e that he is willing to take a wage cut but they are more cautious suggesting depends on us stumping up the cash. If the guy has done that to move then we should more than ready move for him.
Bilbao are ****ing stubbon, look at Martinez and Llorente. If he has a buy out clause that is how much he's going to cost. Woodward will probably offer £15m, then £30, then go home.

Looks like we're getting Fellaini either way though.
Original post by Zürich
Bet you wouldnt have said that 24h ago...

The guy is world class, no denying that whereas Kagawa has done a good job in the Bundesliga. Ozil was at that level in 2009.

It's a lot of money to pay for a player who plays in a postion where you already have quality in abundance. Not to mention the fact that he can't even finish 90min.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Hehe, only so much Ozil can do for Giroud.

You can't polish a turd :tongue:

LOL, I don't know why I posted this, all I was gonna get was half witted replies. Giroud has been class so far this season, he'll outscore Rooney and Welbeck and possibly RVP.

ATM it's between Giroud Stuzza and Benteke for top goalscorer, especially with the **** midfield you have, RVP may be class, but he won't be getting any chances to finish off. :smile:

Latest