The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doggyfizzel
Probably, its a pretty safe call on deadline day really, it either happens in the coming hours or he can make up some excuse about disagreement over image rights or some rubbish.

Yup, as is pretty much everything he says. People have sussed him now.

How much did Thiago go for in the end and what was his clause? If United are willing to spend 36m on this guy but pass up a chance to sign Thiago then that's just incompetence. And didn't Fellaini have a clause too?
Original post by iAhmedd
Enjoy no trophies while united win trophies :wink:

Haha, so you're going to get trophies with a manager yet to win a major trophy? United logic I guess :smile:
Reply 9502
Original post by leinad2012
LOL, I don't know why I posted this, all I was gonna get was half witted replies. Giroud has been class so far this season, he'll outscore Rooney and Welbeck and possibly RVP.

ATM it's between Giroud Stuzza and Benteke for top goalscorer, especially with the **** midfield you have, RVP may be class, but he won't be getting any chances to finish off. :smile:

lold
Original post by Stopmessing
It's a lot of money to pay for a player who plays in a postion where you already have quality in abundance. Not to mention the fact that he can't even finish 90min.

Stick Cazorla on the left and bobs your uncle. Rosicky is class but wont last a full season anyway so there's room and plus Wilshere will probably play deeper alongside Ramsey/Arteta/Flamini.
End of the day, when you can sign a world class player you should. He's top top class.
(edited 10 years ago)
LOL, I don't know why I posted this, all I was gonna get was half witted replies. Giroud has been class so far this season, he'll outscore Rooney and Welbeck and possibly RVP.

ATM it's between Giroud Stuzza and Benteke for top goalscorer, especially with the **** midfield you have, RVP may be class, but he won't be getting any chances to finish off. :smile:

Yeah fair enough, good luck in the Capital One Cup lol.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Quality player no doubt but right now I don't think he's the player you guys need the most. Need a striker desperately with Podolski injured you can't rely too much on Giroud alone. Seems like you're in for Ba which is a downgrade from every high profile striker you've been linked to so far.

Gotta agree there my friend, but there is potential that with Ozil in the centre, Cazorla will be moved to the wing allowing Walcott the opportunity to play upfront when Giroud is resting. We seem to be counter attacking lots now, so that would be a wise tactic.

Ba may not be Suarez or Higuain but he's a proven premier league striker and doesn't come with baggage :smile:

Add Di Maria into that equation and we might start to see the Arsenal of old
Original post by Wilfred Little

How much did Thiago go for in the end and what was his clause? If United are willing to spend 36m on this guy but pass up a chance to sign Thiago then that's just incompetence. And didn't Fellaini have a clause too?

Incompetence is an understatement.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Yeah fair enough, good luck in the Capital One Cup lol.

lol, I know the seasons young, but you're behind us in the league, and tbh, not looking like a threat in the slightest. I would honestly say that atm, I see Liverpool as more of a threat than United
Original post by Zürich
Bet you wouldnt have said that 24h ago...

The guy is world class, no denying that whereas Kagawa has done a good job in the Bundesliga. Ozil was at that level in 2009.

Yeah I would say so, don't think that because he's joined arsenal I'm going to be biased. Ozil is great, but last season he was not as good. I watch real regularly and he made a lot of misplaced passes, poor fitness and uncertain performances. On form he was amazing and categorically better than kagawa. But he's not who they need. It's like telling chelsea to buy ribery when they have hazard(near but not quite that level), yeah ribery's better but it's not like hazard won't do the job to a high standard as well on form.
Original post by Wilfred Little

I have no idea who he even is, I'm not really on twitter.

I think the Thiago thing was more about Pep than money. Once Pep got interested it was over really, play under Pep at Bayern or Moyes at United, even if you weren't a Spaniard it would be a clear choice with the rep of the managers and the current squads.
Original post by jam277
Yeah I would say so, don't think that because he's joined arsenal I'm going to be biased. Ozil is great, but last season he was not as good. I watch real regularly and he made a lot of misplaced passes, poor fitness and uncertain performances. On form he was amazing and categorically better than kagawa. But he's not who they need. It's like telling chelsea to buy ribery when they have hazard(near but not quite that level), yeah ribery's better but it's not like hazard won't do the job to a high standard as well on form.

Compare Ozil to Fellaini or Cleverly? I knw who'd I'd pick...
Reply 9512
Tbh, I hate Man Utd because of our old rivalry (apart from the die hard loyalist fans, but i hate the plastics and prawn sandwich brigade), but I just hate City that much more, they have just taken the piss with buying strikers this season. Having said that, they might flop.

Compare RVP to podolski or walcott, I know who'd I'd pick. Stop trolling.
lol, I know the seasons young, but you're behind us in the league, and tbh, not looking like a threat in the slightest. I would honestly say that atm, I see Liverpool as more of a threat than United

Manchester United

Swansea (A)
Chelsea (H)
Liverpool (A)

Arsenal

Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Spurs (H)

Strong logic mate lol, wait till you play one of the big boys before you get a hard on.

They play in different positions you mug (well Fellaini will when he comes here). Ozil plays in the position that Rooney plays for us.
Original post by Zürich
Stick Cazorla on the left and bobs your uncle. Rosicky is class but wont last a full season anyway so there's room and plus Wilshere will probably play deeper alongside Ramsey/Arteta/Flamini.
End of the day, when you can sign a world class player you should. He's top top class.

He is a top class player, but considering you already have plenty of creative, agile, technical players, is the fee going to justify what Ozil will bring to your side? Surely it would of have been more logical to spend it on a top quality striker or DM, positions where you need to improve?
Original post by DaveSmith99
They play in different positions you mug (well Fellaini will when he comes here). Ozil plays in the position that Rooney plays for us.

No they don't? All of them are midfielders, granted Ozil is an attacking midfielder, Rooney is a second striker.

Either way, Rooney or Ozil? I know who I'd want...
Original post by doggyfizzel
I have no idea who he even is, I'm not really on twitter.

I think the Thiago thing was more about Pep than money. Once Pep got interested it was over really, play under Pep at Bayern or Moyes at United, even if you weren't a Spaniard it would be a clear choice with the rep of the managers and the current squads.

That's cos it took so long for anything to materialise. If United wanted to sign him they could have wrapped it up within a week. There was a solid month of talk about him joining United before Bayern were even in the frame. I think it was ignorance from Moyes, wanted to show he has a different philosophy and Thiago didn't fit into his plans but then missed out on Fabregas.
Original post by jam277
Compare RVP to podolski or walcott, I know who'd I'd pick. Stop trolling.

Oh I definately agree, I'm not trying to troll, but it's nice to see the glory hunters off their high horse for once. Interesting how you didn't mention Giroud, but chose our wingers one of them being injured?

In terms of longevity I would choose Giroud, but currently RVP is better (big injury risk tho)

Latest