Reply 3
I still need to pay my deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you doing the extended science degree
Reply 5
Yhh, are you?
Yeah I recognized your name the the extended science thread
Reply 7
So you sorted out where your living? I've heard storthes has its good and bad points but it's the only one available
What bad points have you heard? I only heard that It was a bit of walk away from the uni
Reply 9
Well some people say it lacks cleanliness and yhh the fact that it's quite a trek. Seems fine to me though
Reply 10
Original post by Shaka24
Well some people say it lacks cleanliness and yhh the fact that it's quite a trek. Seems fine to me though

Storthes is as clean as the students who clean it. It's not a hotel. Although there are cleaners that come round and will actually give your kitchen and rooms a quick clean. Most halls don't do that (no others in Huddersfield do). If your kitchen or room is an absolute tip though the cleaners will just leave it.. they don't have to put up with blatant neglect,

But yeh, anyone complaining about something being dirty in halls needs to look at themselves or their flatmates, cos they are the ones messing it up. When you get your own house or flat you have to clean it if you want it clean. Halls are no different.
Reply 11
Original post by Stannisbaratheon
What bad points have you heard? I only heard that It was a bit of walk away from the uni

I'm not going to huddersfield uni, I'm from Huddersfield and just saw this thread, it is a bit of a walk yes but in a nice place. But a cool/scary if you're that way inclined fact about it is that it's built on the site of an old mental hospital and is considered one of HUddersfield's most haunted spots so well worth a walk in the woods by the halls in the night even for the biggest sceptics it can play tricks with you!! But any serious questions about Huddersfield I can help!
Original post by Paul3012
I'm not going to huddersfield uni, I'm from Huddersfield and just saw this thread, it is a bit of a walk yes but in a nice place. But a cool/scary if you're that way inclined fact about it is that it's built on the site of an old mental hospital and is considered one of HUddersfield's most haunted spots so well worth a walk in the woods by the halls in the night even for the biggest sceptics it can play tricks with you!! But any serious questions about Huddersfield I can help!

This may not seen like a serious question but it is, what is the best Chinese restaurant/take away?
Reply 13
Original post by Stannisbaratheon
This may not seen like a serious question but it is, what is the best Chinese restaurant/take away?

[INDENT]Haha depends where you are in Huddersfield and where you come from, though absolutely everything northern is better than southern things, the one thing southerners do better is chinese food there's nowhere to write home about really here but jumbos is a good chinese buffet and a chinese supermarket called dong dong at the bottom of town, fortune cookie in linthwaite is good but most places are decent just nothing special really[/INDENT]

Hi there, am starting Huddersfield in September and went to look at storthes yesterday. I was not atall pleased as it is quite far away from the uni and isolated with nothing near by except an on site pub. The rent is quite expensive for small rooms plus you have to pay for travel costs to and from the uni which is a shuttle bus. As pretty much everything is located in the town centre. I was not happy about being at storthes as I would like to be closer to the uni and more in the thick of it. I asked about alternatives and aspley, and snow island are a 2 minute walk away from the uni and the town centre. The accommodation office make out that storthes and ashenhurst are the only ones but there is accommodation right next to the uni.
Reply 15
Aspley and snow island are fully booked, storthes halls are the only option.
Reply 16
Anyone know when we find out where abouts were staying in the halls. Also some sort of confirmation email I haven't got one yet.
Reply 17
Im going to Huddersfield this year and I will be staying in Storthes Hall I have been around and seen it and I think that the accommodation is very good. Everything you need is on site and the travel costs into the town are fairly reasonable :smile:
Original post by Rebeccabeckie
Hi there, am starting Huddersfield in September and went to look at storthes yesterday. I was not atall pleased as it is quite far away from the uni and isolated with nothing near by except an on site pub. The rent is quite expensive for small rooms plus you have to pay for travel costs to and from the uni which is a shuttle bus. As pretty much everything is located in the town centre. I was not happy about being at storthes as I would like to be closer to the uni and more in the thick of it. I asked about alternatives and aspley, and snow island are a 2 minute walk away from the uni and the town centre. The accommodation office make out that storthes and ashenhurst are the only ones but there is accommodation right next to the uni.

Hi :-)

I'm sorry that Storthes is not suitable for you. As the University's recommended accommodation it is generally considered that it's the best option for first year students, but of course, it all depends on what is going to suit you best. I hope you find what you're looking for! :-)

Storthes Hall has really decent size study bedrooms compared to most other halls (with the single rooms being the size of an average double bedroom in the UK) and they're also the best value ensuite rooms in Huddersfield at the moment (£97.50/week inclusive of bills, 12mb broadband and contents insurance), something we always aim to be :biggrin:

Just to clear the bus issue up- you buy a £15 bus pass that lasts the year and entitles you to lots of free travel- in fact, the bus is free most of the time. Outside of the free times, it's £1.20/journey. You can see the bus timetable here: http://digstudent.co.uk/downloads/BusTimetable_12-13_Storthes_398-399.pdf

I hope this helps! If anyone has any questions about Storthes, please feel free to contact me, more than happy to help.

Sam :-)
Original post by PASH17
Anyone know when we find out where abouts were staying in the halls. Also some sort of confirmation email I haven't got one yet.

Hi there!

Have you applied to stay with DIGS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending