Manchester United

Swansea (A)
Chelsea (H)
Liverpool (A)

Arsenal

Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Spurs (H)

Strong logic mate lol, wait till you play one of the big boys before you get a hard on.

Spurs are bigger than Chelsea and Liverpool atm, Fulham are close to Swansea and Villa are fairly good atm.

Wait and see, I think it's not gonna be united year, and the way you're getting all tetchy over it shows you are nervous...
Original post by Mr_Vain
Tbh, I hate Man Utd because of our old rivalry (apart from the die hard loyalist fans, but i hate the plastics and prawn sandwich brigade), but I just hate City that much more, they have just taken the piss with buying strikers this season. Having said that, they might flop.

Why are you bull****ting? City sell two strikers last season/this window, they then buy 2 strikers this season.
Reply 9523
What is it with teams having gazzilions of AM, they don't understand it makes football so boring, 1-4-6-0 is going to be the away game formation in CL this season. Ozil is arguably playing in Arsenals strongest position in the pitch.
Original post by leinad2012
Spurs are bigger than Chelsea and Liverpool atm, Fulham are close to Swansea and Villa are fairly good atm.

Wait and see, I think it's not gonna be united year, and the way you're getting all tetchy over it shows you are nervous...

What does this mean?
Original post by The Assassin
What does this mean?

They certainly have a stronger squad depth wise, which will prove vital over the course of the season. Maybe Chelsea is an exaggeration, but despite yesterday I can see them being (as much as I hate to say it) a big threat this year, more than united thats a definite.
They certainly have a stronger squad depth wise, which will prove vital over the course of the season. Maybe Chelsea is an exaggeration, but despite yesterday I can see them being (as much as I hate to say it) a big threat this year, more than united thats a definite.

Tottenham have a stronger squad than Arsenal though...:K:

Your manner of writing suggests that Arsenal are the team to beat this season.

You're wanted back on Planet Earth mate.
Reply 9527
Original post by jam277
Why are you bull****ting? City sell two strikers last season/this window, they then buy 2 strikers this season.

Pissed about Jovetic more than any other player tbh, I really think he could have been an amazing player for us. £22m was a very good price. All that talk about him joining and then they got him.

With Rooney and Suarez, I knew we had little chance because we are rival clubs, but a Fiorentina player was well within our grasp.

But hey, my judgment of the value of the guy might be wrong.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Stop feeding this guy.

He didn't understand my logic despite doing the same thing he was doing(comparing people in different positions). Reckon it's a mix of troll and stupidity.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Tottenham have a stronger squad than Arsenal though...:K:

Your manner of writing suggests that Arsenal are the team to beat this season.

You're wanted back on Planet Earth mate.

Oh no, I agree, atm Tottenham do have a better team than Arsenal, it's definitely the lack of play time that was the reason why we won.

Arsenal certainly aren't the team to beat. It's gonna be close between the top 5 teams, United certainly aren't amongst them atm, at least not until you sign a good midfielder, who can create chances (Fellaini isn't him)
Original post by Mr_Vain
Pissed about Jovetic more than any other player tbh, I really think he could have been an amazing player for us. £22m was a very good price. All that talk about him joining and then they got him.

With Rooney and Suarez, I knew we had little chance because we are rival clubs, but a Fiorentina player was well within our grasp.

But hey, my judgment of the value of the guy might be wrong.

So that translates to essentially, you're bitter, so decide to put in a bull**** statement about city buying too many strikers this season when they clearly needed to or they'll have 2 strikers for 2 spots.
Original post by jam277
He didn't understand my logic despite doing the same thing he was doing(comparing people in different positions). Reckon it's a mix of troll and stupidity.

Yet you lot are comparing Walcott and Podolski to RVP? Neither are strikers, they're wingers. Comparing a winger to a striker is more idiotic than comparing a attacking midfielder to a box to box midfielder....

Think it's more like sour grapes on your behalf mate, or just anger spilling over from losing to Liverpool?

It's gonna be close between the top 5 teams, United certainly aren't amongst them atm, at least not until you sign a good midfielder, who can create chances (Fellaini isn't him)

Manchester United, the champions will be challenging fora spot in Europa League and left trailing in the wake of Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal..really?

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Stopmessing
He is a top class player, but considering you already have plenty of creative, agile, technical players, is the fee going to justify what Ozil will bring to your side? Surely it would of have been more logical to spend it on a top quality striker or DM, positions where you need to improve?

We could spend another 60m tonight purely in cash, its not a case of either/or. I'd also like a world class striker but there are not any available really. Cant think of one available at all, we probably should have bit the bullet with Higuain but that ship has sailed. Ozil however is a world class player who was available so I understand why we went for him. We will need some kind fo backup striker though so I guess that's why weve gone for Ba.
Original post by NathanW18
Felliani isn't a B+ signing. That's overrating him.

If Everton sign McCarthy, It looks like Felliani will be coming here. I just don't see what he offers in the vast majority of our matches. We had problems controlling a lot of games last season, so we go for Felliani? We're not going to pay around £25m for a guy to cover. If that's his price, he's going to start.

He isn't going to start every game and certainly I doubt he's first choice for the big games. I think he's a good player to have for most league games and to rotate with Carrick(who was overplayed last season and will need to be rested). Worth 25m+? No, but then this summer we've been dire in the transfer market and clubs have us over the barrel.

EDIT: According to SSN we're also prepared to meet Herrera's buyout clause(36m Euros)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9535
Original post by jam277
So that translates to essentially, you're bitter, so decide to put in a bull**** statement about city buying too many strikers this season when they clearly needed to or they'll have 2 strikers for 2 spots.

They would have been fine, they don't need 4 strikers. 3 max. They are just greedy and irrational Arabs.
Yet you lot are comparing Walcott and Podolski to RVP? Neither are strikers, they're wingers. Comparing a winger to a striker is more idiotic than comparing a attacking midfielder to a box to box midfielder....

Think it's more like sour grapes on your behalf mate, or just anger spilling over from losing to Liverpool?

I'm not a united fan.
Not gonna answer the first bit as that was the whole point. :rofl: someones been putting something in your tap water.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Manchester United, the champions will be challenging for Europa League, really?

Fergie was the one driving your team last year, there's alot of disharmony at Old Trafford and you haven't been getting the players you wanted. If you compare your team to the likes of City and Chelsea it isn't close, nor is it close to Spurs and if Arsenal continue the way they are and get a few more players, I think you will really struggle.

But hey, I guess you'll always have the 20 to fall back on in any argument like Liverpool fans do with their 5CL...
Reply 9538
Yet you lot are comparing Walcott and Podolski to RVP? Neither are strikers, they're wingers.

Podolski has always been a centre forward/second striker, though occasionally he'd play on a wing when needed. It's only since he's been at Arsenal that he's been played completely out of position as a winger.

You could say the same about Walcott too, he wants to be a striker.
Original post by Mr_Vain
They would have been fine, they don't need 4 strikers. 3 max. They are just greedy and irrational Arabs.

How many strikers do united have? What formation do both united and city play? But ones over the top and the other isn't. Letting your bias cloud your judgement.

Latest