The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ish90an
Hernandez is an impact sub and sometimes starts with Rooney/RVP supporting. But more importantly, he doesn't moan about it and still gets 10-15 a season.

Rio prolonged his career by not playing for England(and frankly I am glad he doesn't play in that vitriolic stuck-in-the-dark-ages garbage shambles) like Scholes before him. He has atleast 1-2 more top seasons in him and Evans has proven to be more than capable at the top level.

Hart has been poor for over an year, if De Gea had made half the errors Hart has in the past year the press would have slaughtered him(as they tried when he first arrived and he's since bulked up and since his performances in the 2nd half of the 2011-12 season shut them up). De Gea > Hart any day.

I am not writing Arsenal off, they will be fighting for top 4 spot with Spurs and maybe Liverpool (and certainly Ozil will help though they still lack strikers) but they are not, just like they haven't since 2007-08, in the race for the title and United are.

So Hernandez counts as an impact striker, but Dzeko doesn't? Come on mate show some class and validity in your argument.

Let's just agree to disagree on the keeper front, Hart hat to play almost all City's games, De Gea had Lindeggard to take over in the smal fixtures. And considering City let in the least amount of goals last year, so to say that their keeper is rubbish is just stupid.

Rio won't play as much this year, your problem last year was constantly changing your back 4, there was no routine cb's, which can lead to a lot of problems. Arsenal's centre backs have both been good this year and that's because they are used to playing with each other (not in that way you sick ****! :P).

To say united are in the title race and Arsenal aren't after 3 games AND when Arsenal have been better so far just shows how thin your argument is.

It's simple reputation that you are basing your facts on
Original post by leinad2012
Haha, so you're going to get trophies with a manager yet to win a major trophy? United logic I guess :smile:

funny your talking about trophies since you lot last won one in 2005 and it still aiant gna change. Moyes already won something which is the community shield whereas wenger since 2005: a big fat ZERO
Also, all these idiotic arsenal fans thinking Ozil is going to come and magically win you a trophy - no chance. He's one of those players that needs to play around quality... However, I guess it's a step in the right direction
Original post by Over2you
well, i'm sure the liverpool team of the 80s at the time wouldn't have put mediocre and themselves in the same sentence. Look what happened in the 90s/2000s. Mediocrity by united standards, is challenging for 4th every year. There is a great chance that may happen in a few years.

All this talk of having a strong squad is all for the here and now. Like I said, Fer is old. Vidic is old. Someone on this thread tried to use the exam of Zanetti...the italian league is far weaker and for so many other reasons. I guess my problem is i want to see a team being built for the future, with young talent being given a chance...when you want to spend £25+ m on a player like Fellani who, arguably plays the same position as Ozil...eyebrows have to be raised.

But yh, I'm overreacting. My club is a top club, hence I compare it to what other top clubs/managers are doing in Europe. I guess we have a totally different transfer policy to the like of PSG,City, Chelsea and to a certain extent Bayern...but the managers at this club don't wait around seeing what the current crop of players are made of..they strengthen. All rabble as per usual

Similar could be said of Leeds too.
Also, all these idiotic arsenal fans thinking Ozil is going to come and magically win you a trophy - no chance. He's one of those players that needs to play around quality... However, I guess it's a step in the right direction

I'm an Arsenal fan (as you guys can tell) and it isn't Ozil on that gives me hope, it's Giroud's fine start to the season, the back 4 looking much stronger than normal, Cazorla and Wilshere teaming up well, and Theo on the wing (when that boy learns to cross, it'll be magic).

And if Ozil joins, then it'll just add to the threat.

You guys are acting as though Fellaini is going to make you title contenders, who's story is more bonkers?
Original post by iAhmedd
funny your talking about trophies since you lot last won one in 2005 and it still aiant gna change. Moyes already won something which is the community shield whereas wenger since 2005: a big fat ZERO

Oh yes, the community shield. Nothing beats winning a trophy noone gives a **** about against a Championship side....
I'm an Arsenal fan (as you guys can tell) and it isn't Ozil on that gives me hope, it's Giroud's fine start to the season, the back 4 looking much stronger than normal, Cazorla and Wilshere teaming up well, and Theo on the wing (when that boy learns to cross, it'll be magic).

You guys are acting as though Fellaini is going to make you title contenders, who's story is more bonkers?

Well mate, I'm definitely not in that camp :redface:
Original post by NathanW18
Never said De Gea was better than Lloris. I would still have De Gea as he is the best young keeper in the world.

No, he isn't.

Yes you did, you said De Gea is best in the league, only behind Cech and Begovic and said he was better than Hart and Lloris.

Lloris and De Gea are the same age pretty much...

Funnily enough man united ARE title contenders. This is the same team that won the title last year with 4 games to spare whereas arsenal struggled yet again to scrape to 4th. Yes other rivals have invested and improved but this is united. They shall always be title contenders whereas arsenal have already been brushed off although in my opinion it has been too early to write them off. To say arsenal are in a better position than united to be title contenders is ABSURD and your the one that sounds bonkers.
Oh yes, the community shield. Nothing beats winning a trophy noone gives a **** about against a Championship side....

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL but you lost against a team that got relegated mate. 2008 against Birmingham the only chance in YEARS that you were close to trophies. Stop embarrassing yourself a trophy is a trophy something you have not had since 2005
Well mate, I'm definitely not in that camp :redface:

Haha, fair play to you, he's good, but not good enough imo.

Still worried that Moyes is gonna swoop in for Ozil, it's something Fergie would do.

I'm not counting him as an Arsenal player until it's up on the website with him holding up an Arsenal shirt with his name on!
What is it with the all the Arsenal fans? They can't stay out of this thread.

Herrera would be the perfect player for us.
Haha, fair play to you, he's good, but not good enough imo.

Still worried that Moyes is gonna swoop in for Ozil, it's something Fergie would do.

I'm not counting him as an Arsenal player until it's up on the website with him holding up an Arsenal shirt with his name on!

That would make my day hahhah :biggrin:
Original post by iAhmedd
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL but you lost against a team that got relegated mate. 2008 against Birmingham the only chance in YEARS that you were close to trophies. Stop embarrassing yourself a trophy is a trophy something you have not had since 2005

Oh a trophy is a trophy? Emirates Cup count then?

Stop falling back on your past, and look at the future budding, United aren't what they were...
So Hernandez counts as an impact striker, but Dzeko doesn't? Come on mate show some class and validity in your argument.

Dzeko isn't happy as an impact sub, he wants to start and last year that did create friction b/w him and Mancini. You think he'll be happy this season if he's used primarily from the bench?

Let's just agree to disagree on the keeper front, Hart hat to play almost all City's games, De Gea had Lindeggard to take over in the smal fixtures. And considering City let in the least amount of goals last year, so to say that their keeper is rubbish is just stupid.

Rio won't play as much this year, your problem last year was constantly changing your back 4, there was no routine cb's, which can lead to a lot of problems. Arsenal's centre backs have both been good this year and that's because they are used to playing with each other (not in that way you sick ****! :P).

Like I said before Evans is more than capable of playing at the top level as he showed last season and can be rotated with Rio.

To say united are in the title race and Arsenal aren't after 3 games AND when Arsenal have been better so far just shows how thin your argument is.

Last year with the same squads Arsenal were miles behind United, they barely got the top 4 while United cruised to the title. Arsenal haven't challenged for the title for 6 years now, one signing won't bridge the gap. This season just adding Ozil will not make Arsenal title contenders and bring them closer to United. United have the better strikers, the better keeper, the better first choice CB pairing, the better full backs. Arsenal may have the better options in central midfield in Wilshere. Plus you have no idea how Ozil will even gel with the rest of the team, he's a quality player but with just 1 striker there may be no one to take advantage of his creativity.

It's simple reputation that you are basing your facts on

Arsenal's reputation as a team not challenging for the title and United's reputation as title challengers is based on recent history.
The price is just way too much for Herrera

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iAhmedd
Funnily enough man united ARE title contenders. This is the same team that won the title last year with 4 games to spare whereas arsenal struggled yet again to scrape to 4th. Yes other rivals have invested and improved but this is united. They shall always be title contenders whereas arsenal have already been brushed off although in my opinion it has been too early to write them off. To say arsenal are in a better position than united to be title contenders is ABSURD and your the one that sounds bonkers.

We're both obviously biased but to say united are contenders just because they are united shows why Moyes hasn't invested and why you won't win the league. You aren't the same camp, you don't have Fergie, who certainly was the force that won you the title.

Other have invested and passed you. United and Arsenal are closer to each other than United are to City or Chelsea, open your eyes!

Then again, I guess in two years you and if united aren't the force of England any more you'll be off to support city like all the other glory hunters?
He's arrived

Oh a trophy is a trophy? Emirates Cup count then?

Stop falling back on your past, and look at the future budding, United aren't what they were...

LOOL I was speaking about this year mate and you guys didn't even win your 'own' cup hahaha. We've already won something this season in the form of the community shield.
That would make my day hahhah :biggrin:

I would be sooo peed off. Luckily it doesn't look like it's gonna happen

Latest