The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Thank you so much :smile:

I've been very well thank you :biggrin: counting down the days until college now, I just want to start! :tongue: Yourself? :smile:

No problem :hat2:

That's great! :biggrin: Looking forward to college?! :tongue:

I'm good too thanks! I really don't wanna go back to college though, the holidays were far too short IMO. :u: I can't believe it's our last year though, it's actually quite scary! :tongue:

Original post by Robbie242
ahh going back to school Thursday, does anyone feel they could have done a little more with their summer? :redface:

I feel the same tbh :sad: I would have liked to finish my EPQ/PS/Biology coursework but I got none of that one :awesome: Still, should have them all done within the next few weeks hopefully :yep:
The first day back at college has been somewhat eventful.

Firstly, I somehow missed all three of my alarms (0500, 0530, and 0600), and woke up at 0700. Needless to say I missed the train in, and so was late for college. On the first day back. Bummer. Timetables were issued, and mine has become considerably worse when compared to the one I had in July. Days are far too spread out, disallowing me to go home early on any day whatsoever. Sigh.

Still, I somehow managed to be caught in a rendition of "I'm Blue", and the theme tune to Postman Pat when in Physics :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1

I'm good too thanks! I really don't wanna go back to college though, the holidays were far too short IMO. :u: I can't believe it's our last year though, it's actually quite scary! :tongue:

I feel the same tbh :sad: I would have liked to finish my EPQ/PS/Biology coursework but I got none of that one :awesome: Still, should have them all done within the next few weeks hopefully :yep:

:sad: indeed. I feel similar but in a different way, I think I focused too much on one area (guess what :wink: ).

I managed to get C3 & C4 done, work on my PS and work at the Bank of England but apart from that I really didn't do anything else. I would've liked to complete a few video games, go out a bit and do a bit more exercise than I did :tongue:
going in to enroll for A2 tomorrow.The hard work starts tomorrow
Reply 2164
Original post by Endless Blue
It's time for me to bug you for PS help again! :awesome: :tongue: :ashamed2:

Can you think of any other suitable phrases in place of e.g "furthermore"; "as well as this"; "in addition to" etc.? Any more help would be awesome :biggrin:

To give context, it's finishing off my ECs paragraph. I don't really want to use "finally" or variations thereof because it makes it sound like (at least to me) that that's all I can say/all I do, when reality I've only mentioned the most important/pertinent things :redface:
Sorry, missed this :colondollar:

I always find that word really hard to think of. Hmm... Moreover? Besides this? Likewise?

:smile:

Yeah! Now that I don't have to do chemistry, I love all of my subjects so I'm feeling motivated to do well :tongue: I bet I'll be complaining about all the work and the early starts after a week though :lol:

Aww great :biggrin: yeah I guess so! And I know, it's so sad! I've grown to love my school and teachers having been there since year 7 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
just checked out my timetable on 'parent portal' (sneaky, huh).

all looking good so far.

4 days per fortnight I only have 1 lesson :cry:
friday week 2 i have no lessons :cry:
hey friends
is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..
Ozil signing of the season, but they didn't need a midfielder. Manu on the other hand needed one. At least they could have played Shinji.
Original post by goldengirlss
hey friends
is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..

Olevels don't exist anymore. Khanacademy for science.
Original post by Lucy96
Yeah! Now that I don't have to do chemistry, I love all of my subjects so I'm feeling motivated to do well :tongue: I bet I'll be complaining about all the work and the early starts after a week though :lol:

Aww great :biggrin: yeah I guess so! And I know, it's so sad! I've grown to love my school and teachers having been there since year 7 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough, I really don't like chemistry anymore either. :dry: I wish I could drop it but I pretty much need it which is annoying! :tongue: Haha, I'm sure you'll be fine! :yep:

It really is! :frown: Just seems like yesterday I started year 7... :moon:

What course you're going to apply for. English

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like). English Literature - A, English Language - A, History - A, Art - B

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to). Same again, but I'm dropping Art. AAA for predicted/actual grades

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that). Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, York, Warwick

EDIT: Sorry, make that A*A*A* (aim high, shall I?)

Also, I'm doing an EPQ.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Gilgamesh

What course you're going to apply for. English

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like). English Literature - A, English Language - A, History - A, Art - B

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to). Same again, but I'm dropping Art. AAA for predicted/actual grades

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that). Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, York, Warwick

EDIT: Sorry, make that A*A*A* (aim high, shall I?)

Also, I'm doing an EPQ.

Sure, done! :biggrin: Good to aim high :cool:
Reply 2173
Original post by Zakee
French. :rolleyes:

I'm still unsure as to whether or not apply to Oxford for Mathematics or Physics. Hmm. :wink:

:france:

Oh really? I thought you and your girlfriend Felix were going to study Physics together :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2174
Done! :biggrin:

The mathmos are catching up to the medicine applicants... :eek:

Deep down we are all Mathmos! :smile:
Reply 2175
ahh going back to school Thursday, does anyone feel they could have done a little more with their summer? :redface:

Yeah so much more, but I got lazy and there's nothing we can do about it now, just have to work harder throughout the year :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I've finished my personal statement off and done a bit of research for the EPQ which is great.

Haven't done my english coursework draft though :/ Going to rush through it tomorrow since I go back to school on Wednesday. I'm hoping that I don't see the teacher when I go back haha.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
3600 in a year :eek: there's only an odd 150 or so of us in my sixth form..

3600 in the entire college. Only 1800 in each year group. Well, at least, that's how many there were last year.
Original post by Choppie
3600 in the entire college. Only 1800 in each year group. Well, at least, that's how many there were last year.

:eek: we have 75 in each year group!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blueray2
Olevels don't exist anymore. Khanacademy for science.

i did'nt get u. i was talking about igcse o'level.

Latest