Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Welcome to the newbies and big hugs for everyone, especially Rory :grouphugs:

Extra hugs for Rory: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
Original post by PonchoKid
heya, im slowly falling apart, but keeping on going,
how are you?
:hugs:

Aww sad to hear that hun! Hope things look up for you soon though. Just keep plodding along :tongue: please keep going though and not let anyone or anything get you down!

Okay I guess. Having the time of my life :wink: not really but you know what I mean haha. Things are still the same old.

IDukem
x
hope this quote works!

How are you lil bro :smile:? I know I didn't reply to your PM sorry! Things went majorly ****ed up for me. But how's your hols?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Welcome to the newbies and big hugs for everyone, especially Rory :grouphugs:

Extra hugs for Rory: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

he wont believe me when i tell him, but i shall let him know incase he doesnt see this :smile:

Original post by -FireFlies-
Aww sad to hear that hun! Hope things look up for you soon though. Just keep plodding along :tongue: please keep going though and not let anyone or anything get you down!

Okay I guess. Having the time of my life :wink: not really but you know what I mean haha. Things are still the same old.

everythings just out to test me atm i think :frown: but im trying

but your still going and trying to get better which is a massive bonus :smile:
Original post by PonchoKid
he wont believe me when i tell him, but i shall let him know incase he doesnt see this :smile:

Cheers hun. Flabbergasted that his mum is doing this to him. You tell him he got three jumphugs and that he totally deserves them, and more! :yes:
Original post by superwolf
Elliott's a neutered male, and the others are both female. There's pretty much no bad smells at all with mines - I use hemp in their cage, which is meant to be better than wood shavings or paper in terms of smell, and I only need to clean them out once a week. Elliott poops all over the place when I take him for a run about in the bath because he's still a bit nervous, but Nutmeg's fine with it (Grace is the most shy, so I'm leaving off trying to handle her for now).

Do you feed yours mealworms? I think they're the most yicky thing I have to deal with, but the mice love them! :tongue: Do yours get any treats they particularly like? I'm trying to find a good range of things they'll enjoy (preferably healthy ones). So far their favourites are mealworms, malt paste, peanut butter and flaxseed.

I did wonder with the name Elliott....but he's neutered so that explains things!

Where do you get the hemp from? I'm using woodshavings at the moment, but I'm all for improving the time between clean-outs!

I give my gerbil dried mealworms (I assume you mean dried....or do you mean live?!:eek:) and yes they aren't very nice! They really smell. I haven't given the mice any yet because when I first got them I gave them some millet seed (they love it if you give it to them as a whole head...I think it's like the mouse version of a donut!) and they got diarrhoea, so I thought I'd give it a while before I tried anything else that was new....but I think that time has come!
(edited 10 years ago)
Not doing too good. Could do with confiding in somebody.
Original post by sunfowers01
Not doing too good. Could do with confiding in somebody.

you can PM me if you like
Original post by Lazuliblue
I did wonder with the name Elliott....but he's neutered so that explains things!

Where do you get the hemp from? I'm using woodshavings at the moment, but I'm all for improving the time between clean-outs!

I give my gerbil dried mealworms (I assume you mean dried....or do you mean live?!:eek:) and yes they aren't very nice! They really smell. I haven't given the mice any yet because when I first got them I gave them some millet seed (they love it if you give it to them as a whole head...I think it's like the mouse version of a donut!) and they got diarrhoea, so I thought I'd give it a while before I tried anything else that was new....but I think that time has come!

Mine are called Lola and Bambi :smile: I was sure Bambi was a runt because she was so tiny, but she's nearly caught up with Lola now! She's a champagne tan (if you google it there's a good picture) but it's sort of pinky grey, with an orange belly. I'm still trying to work out what Lola's official colour is, it's a sort of ginger and white banded. What colours are yours?

I was lucky with mine in the sense that we got them from a new little pet shop that has opened here, and the young guy who runs it wanted to find small local breeders, so the mice were already tame when I got them. Bambi still gets a bit nervous, but she soon calms down. I think it's great that you rescued yours, I would have done the same had there been any near me.

Zooplus - it's a pretty good online pet shop. The hemp might seem expensive, but trust me it'll last you for months - comes in a massive bag. My mice really like it, as if you do a thick layer it's really good for tunnelling, and for some reason they like just carrying bits of it about the cage too. :tongue: There are some good toys on that site too.

Yeah I use dried ones - much more practical, and less wriggly! I give them millet too and haven't had any problems with it - maybe give them a little bit at a time next time? It could also be they were just stressed at the time as well, I've heard they dislike moving house about as much as humans do. :tongue:

Show pictures!!! I don't know the official names for my ones' colours, but one is ginger and the other two are brown-and-white cow coloured. You can see some kinda crappy photos of them here - I need to take more pictures now they're less shy. Grace is much smaller than the other two, but we don't know if it's just genetics or cos she was probably taken away from her mum too soon. She's also really speedy, and really shy, so I think it's gonna take a while to tame her!

That's great that you got them from a good breeder - I've heard that if you get them from Pets at Home then half the time the females have been kept together with the males and come home with you pregnant! I'm really glad I was able to get mines from a rescue - the woman who runs it is lovely and we've been emailing each other a lot with questions and advice and stuff.
Hey guys!

Has anyone in here felt like.. They don't go outside or have many friends.. I've felt rather anaemic over the summer holidays, I haven't spoken to many people, perhaps 3 or 4 :\ on an average day I would just usually go College, do work talk to friends and study for a while, then go home and just.. do nothing, yeah I'll read because it's something I enjoy..

Why do I feel like this, meh :ashamed2:
Reply 7129

Spoiler

Reply 7130
Managed to get my accommodation mostly sorted today :smile: and just 12 days left until I move in. I seem to be feeling better recently, waking up early without an alarm (far better than a few weeks ago when an alarm didn't even help :tongue:) and not spending as much time in bed.

How are others? :grouphugs:
Original post by avhhs
Managed to get my accommodation mostly sorted today :smile: and just 12 days left until I move in. I seem to be feeling better recently, waking up early without an alarm (far better than a few weeks ago when an alarm didn't even help :tongue:) and not spending as much time in bed.

Huzzah! Although I went to bed at 4:00 and got up at 12 so it looks like you're much further ahead than I :colondollar: I got rush hour commuting to deal with as well.

Ehhh okay, went to the library to scan my uni photo in so that's all done! But i'm in a weird jittery state where little things are concerning me :hmpf:
Original post by avhhs

You're moving out? How did your parents take that? They alright with it? My parents were like "It's Oxford or London and if you stay in London, you are LIVING AT HOME" :afraid: Good job persuading your parents there - well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by avhhs

That's awesome, really glad to hear you're going to uni and you seem happy with it. :smile:
Reply 7134
Original post by -FireFlies-

hope this quote works!

How are you lil bro :smile:? I know I didn't reply to your PM sorry! Things went majorly ****ed up for me. But how's your hols?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has :smile:

Could be better, I dislike people in general. Hey now it's all right :h: I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things are okay for you right now though!! It's gone all right how about you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not feeling too good, not that it matters.
really can cope with my step dad much longer :frown:
he complained at burning food that a) i didnt burn and B) is impossible to burn
hes also just said "clean the cooker tomorrow its a disgrace" when i never really use the ****ing cooker.

he treats me like ****, but only when my mums not here :frown:
he also made a remark before about him getting angry that really scared me, really dont know what to do :frown:
Reply 7136
Original post by IDukem
It has :smile:

Could be better, I dislike people in general. Hey now it's all right :h: I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things are okay for you right now though!! It's gone all right how about you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:console: Of course it matters.
Original post by IDukem

It does matter!!
:hugs: I'm here, we're all here. :hugs:
Original post by IDukem

Hey I know you've been feeling a bit insecure about whether people talk to you or not in here, but of course it matters if you're not feeling good! It's not a nice feeling at all and you deserve support :yes: :hugs: :yes:
Reply 7139
Original post by 08batee
:console: Of course it matters.

Original post by anonymouspie227
It does matter!!
:hugs: I'm here, we're all here. :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey I know you've been feeling a bit insecure about whether people talk to you or not in here, but of course it matters if you're not feeling good! It's not a nice feeling at all and you deserve support :yes: :hugs: :yes:

Not feeling anything other than lone-wolf because no ever takes a chance on me, i'm constantly over-looked, my feelings and opinions mean **** all and it seems you have to be "popular" to be noticed both in real life and at times on here.
But no, it doesn't feel like it matters...not at all and I don't blame people. Why should people care? I'm thankful for the support I do get sometimes, but also love the random drop off too (excluding family)...like really really love it.

I hate ranting, but this is what happens when you feel like a stranger and people pass you by. I thought i'd be used to it by now.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest