The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aaah. Lucky!

My closest friends are all going to the college I was going to go to... Then the offer came :mmm:

What subjects did you choose? How were your GCSEs?

Yeah I know haha, it's going to make the first few days a lot easier, but we all want to break away from each other. Not because we hate each other, we all still want to stay extremely close, but we all desperately want to try and make new friends. :tongue: At school, most people tended to drift between groups throughout the years, but we stayed the same group of 6 guys from Year 7 up to Year 11. It's pretty weird, because we all came from different primary schools. :tongue:

Haha, I saw about that ages ago in this thread. :smile: It sounds like such a nice place where you going. :smile:

I chose Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. :smile:

At GCSE I got ABBBBBBCDE, the A being in Maths. :tongue:

What about you?
Original post by Lucas.
Yeah I know haha, it's going to make the first few days a lot easier, but we all want to break away from each other. Not because we hate each other, we all still want to stay extremely close, but we all desperately want to try and make new friends. :tongue: At school, most people tended to drift between groups throughout the years, but we stayed the same group of 6 guys from Year 7 up to Year 11. It's pretty weird, because we all came from different primary schools. :tongue:

Haha, I saw about that ages ago in this thread. :smile: It sounds like such a nice place where you going. :smile:

I chose Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. :smile:

At GCSE I got ABBBBBBCDE, the A being in Maths. :tongue:

What about you?

I know what you mean, that's what our plan was!

Yeah, I hope it's good :yy:

Maths and German! I wish I could speak German:ahee:

Aah great! I got 8A*s,6As,B,C... Picked physics,geography,chemistry and French!
Original post by techno836
hurry up and get an avatar :tongue:

There we go, you happy now? :tongue:
Reply 3763

I'm sure it will be good, it certainly sounds it!

German isn't that hard to speak. :wink:

Ah well done haha, I wish I did that well. I just didn't put in any effort at all.. :rolleyes:

They're pretty good choices.. apart from Physics. :wink:
How's everyone approached organisation/buying folders/stationary etc? I feel over-prepared :biggrin:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
How's everyone approached organisation/buying folders/stationary etc? I feel over-prepared :biggrin:

We got given folders for our sciences, but I have one for maths. Bought my text books last year. Have two A4 notepads, dividers, a set of maths equipment, rubber and ruler etc I have post it notes, highlighters. I'd consider myself well equipped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.
I'm sure it will be good, it certainly sounds it!

German isn't that hard to speak. :wink:

Ah well done haha, I wish I did that well. I just didn't put in any effort at all.. :rolleyes:

They're pretty good choices.. apart from Physics. :wink:

German is so much harder than all my other languages.

I wish I tried :facepalm: I think I could have got those As/Bs to A*s. The C though :nothing:

:mmm: physics is good!:hand: my best GCSE in terms of UMS!
Reply 3767
There we go, you happy now? :tongue:

haha yes :colondollar: should help us recognise you more now :biggrin:
Reply 3768
German is so much harder than all my other languages.

I wish I tried :facepalm: I think I could have got those As/Bs to A*s. The C though :nothing:

Well I guess if you know loads of languages it might be kind of hard, as there aren't many common languages that it's similar to..

If I tried I could have easily got As in everything, and maybe got a few A*s if I was lucky. But I don't mind, I got what I needed to get into college, and I'm not planning on doing a tough course at a top Uni, so I reckon I'll be fine. :smile: What did I get the C in? :tongue:

No! Physics is horrible! I got the C in Physics. :frown:
Reply 3769
QFA

you posted in the medicine forum ? are you really unsure what you want to do at uni :redface:

Mine was Biology. Disgusted with myself:lol:
Original post by Lucas.
x

Can't change it now!:biggrin:

My C was photography, did it in year ten... :lol:

Well you passed:tongue:
you posted in the medicine forum ? are you really unsure what you want to do at uni :redface:

Just seeing if it's an option, because teachers are trying to push it. I'll leave it though.

Original post by Red Fox

What was that?
First day of sixth form tomorrow! I'm super excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3773
Can't change it now!:biggrin:

My C was photography, did it in year ten... :lol:

Well you passed:tongue:

Just seeing if it's an option, because teachers are trying to push it. I'll leave it though.

What was that?

Ahh i see :h: well it is definitely an option, just a restricted one without Biology as more uni's are requiring to at least AS :h:
Reply 3774
Original post by Red Fox

mine was biology too :five: :lol:

I am most definitely over-prepared! :biggrin: I doubt I'll end up using half the stuff I've bought!

What was that?

Highest UMS:tongue:

fish I thought you were doing loads of subjects?! :O

First, hello! I don't believe I've met you before. ^.^

In answer to your question, I have also over organised myself. I bought two large binders to fit two subjects each, and also a small miscellaneous binder (mainly for ordinary sixth form stuff and EPQ).

I went mad at Sainsbury's with their buy one get one free offer. I bought four pukka pads (will buy a fifth) for home for each subject. The sixth form provides the students with exercise books. I also bought colouring pencils and gel pens just for the sake of it.

I wanted two pencil cases (one for colours and one for the important supplies) however, the one I ordered online at the start of August hasn't arrived yet. So for now, I'm left with one. I'm too excited for Sixth Form to let this bother me though. XD

I just can't wait to start tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
mine was biology too :five: :lol:

I don't even know how. I don't know a thing about Biology:redface:

Latest