The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sami'
Has Ozil to Arsenal been confirmed yet?

Not yet. No news of completed medical but should be done.

Graham Hunter suggesting we were interested in Ozil but reacted too late, which wouldn't be a surprise. The club said they weren't interested but probably only after Arsenal had agreed a deal.
SSN update looks like Herrera deal is heating up with reported 5 year deal coming from reports in Spain as well as three United officials being in La Liga offices.
Original post by Sami'
Has Ozil to Arsenal been confirmed yet?

Everything signed apparently, lawyers fingering the contracts atm according to pretty much everyone. Announcement in a few hours. :biggrin:
Reply 9663
Herrera : 32apps 11YC ... 2RC .... 2Goals .... 2Assists .....36Million
Modric would be cheaper much better
Strootman WAS cheaper .. Much better
Kondogbia WAS cheaper .. Younger , same ability
Marchismo would be slightly cheaper MUCHHHH BETTER
Reply 9664
Original post by ManL_Olu

Modric for less than £30m? No way
Original post by Zürich
Everything signed apparently, lawyers fingering the contracts atm according to pretty much everyone. Announcement in a few hours. :biggrin:

Well, I laughed. :biggrin:
Herrera and Fellaini deals are on according to SSN! :smile: Fellaini handed in a transfer request to force Everton to let him go and all
Original post by ManL_Olu

I'm not sure why you're quoting his stats as if they prove he's bad... he's not meant to be a goalscoring or assisting midfielder. Pretty sure Carrick's stats were similar to that last season and he was our best midfielder.
BBC Deadline Day reporting saying we've bid for Khedira, £40m?! Would prefer Modric than him tbh.

Fellaini hands in a transfer request. That looks more likely than Herrera for me. Latter deal, if it happens, will go down to the wire.
Reply 9669
Original post by Sami'
Modric for less than £30m? No way

Herrera is 36Mil ?

There are complications , manutd have to buy out the contract but in spain the player has to do it themselfes so manutd have togo to the spanish FA to sort it out

At least something looks likely and fellaini has given a transfer request
SSN now reporting we have representatives at the Spanish league to take Herrera deal ahead but it could mean we ask for an extension till midnight to get deal done. the player is reportedly having agreed a contract.
Reply 9671
I don't really believe we're doing all these bids today. Unless it's a knee-jerk reaction to the Liverpool defeat, I don't see why we'd suddenly go gung-ho today. We've had plenty of time.
Reply 9672
Original post by SciFiRory
SSN now reporting we have representatives at the Spanish league to take Herrera deal ahead but it could mean we ask for an extension till midnight to get deal done. the player is reportedly having agreed a contract.

Need to say it again Guillem Balague chats ****.
After hearing the €40m for Khedira bid, I'm finally 100% convinced that Ed Woodward might be a moron.

At least we don't have wet armpits like Arsenal fans.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9674
Original post by Aky786UK
BBC Deadline Day reporting saying we've bid for Khedira, £40m?! Would prefer Modric than him tbh.

Madrid flat out rejected it, never going to happen. Moyes has been chasing shadows for the whole window. Embarrassing, surely?
Moyes and Woodworm, both tw***s

One question, are you from Manchester?

If not, Glory supporter! :biggrin:
Original post by 419
Need to say it again Guillem Balague chats ****.

I would absolutely love to see the reaction if this deal doesn't happen as it'll be another notch on Balague's Blotches as he said the deal was "practically done"........at 2.30pm.
Reply 9678
Original post by manchesterunited15
I'm not sure why you're quoting his stats as if they prove he's bad... he's not meant to be a goalscoring or assisting midfielder. Pretty sure Carrick's stats were similar to that last season and he was our best midfielder.

Iwas even mistaken it is 56 apps ! ... Mate he is meant to be a box to box midfielder .. Carrick plays the "deep lying" or holding CM role he isnt supposed to score goals ... And even soo im pretty sure we are meant to be looking for more creativity in the middle of the park and more goal oppotunities ..
We'll win the league with or without transfers. Mark my words.

Latest