The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Edward Woodward logic:
Could have bought Fellaini for 23.5m --> let's buy him later and for 5m more

Can you believe this guy made it into investment banking?
Reply 9681
Original post by Aky786UK
I would absolutely love to see the reaction if this deal doesn't happen as it'll be another notch on Balague's Blotches as he said the deal was "practically done"........at 2.30pm.

He's already started with the excuses. Now there's bureaucratic issue with the Spanish league accepting a cheque and, United and Bilbao are now asking for an hour extension :hmmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
We'll win the league with or without transfers. Mark my words.

Agreed. But the way we've gone about our transfers has been shocking.
Reply 9683
Original post by Lunch_Box
Edward Woodward logic:
Could have bought Fellaini for 23.5m --> let's buy him later and for 5m more

Can you believe this guy made it into investment banking?

That's gotta be an error on Moyes' part. Obviously decided he wasn't needed earlier on in the window, then changed his mind after a few games.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

It serves as a lesson to DM - don't go bidding for world class players on the last day. I think Fergie should have told him this before he left.
Original post by xDave-
That's gotta be an error on Moyes' part. Obviously decided he wasn't needed earlier on in the window, then changed his mind after a few games.

Agreed. Moyes must have thought we could get other players and they haven't come off.
Reply 9686
I would not have expected this summer to be so embarrasing if Ferguson was still in charge.

Moyes has been worse than a kid fiddling about with Football Manager in his first ever transfer window.
Reply 9687

OMG are you guys this naive ?! , SAF isnt here no more we cant just "win" the league we neeeed quality !! , Jose is back have u forgotton how he winmes .. He is a winner .. All the other 4/5 clubs aroujnd us have improved and we have lost scholes !! .. The Manutd midfield is like the 5/6th best at the moment .. Im being Real we cant win the big games by playing giggs on the wing thats just cluless and without SAF we have no advantage its just the players we have !
Original post by MancBoy
We'll win the league with or without transfers. Mark my words.

Really? We've got weaker while the 5 teams around us have got considerably stronger...
Original post by Over2you
It serves as a lesson to DM - don't go bidding for world class players on the last day. I think Fergie should have told him this before he left.

It's common sense ffs, wenger's case ozil is being forced out and he anticipated this. But going for khedira just reeks of desperation ffs. I'd get it if they didn't buy anyone and said they're fine then fair enough, but this has been some amateur business and won't help the fans imo than if you got a player there.
Reply 9690
Original post by manchesterunited15
Really? We've got weaker while the 5 teams around us have got considerably stronger...

Considerably stronger? Not really. I think we'll do fine with our current squad but we will do better if we bring someone in
Original post by The Rusty Spork
I would not have expected this summer to be so embarrasing if Ferguson was still in charge.

Moyes has been worse than a kid fiddling about with Football Manager in his first ever transfer window.

:rofl:
Original post by Sami'
Considerably stronger? Not really. I think we'll do fine with our current squad but we will do better if we bring someone in

this :yes:
Reply 9694
Nick Powell out on loan... dw we dont need any midfield players!

kill me now
Reply 9695
Original post by JM1987

kill me now

Meh, it's a good move from him. Should've happened last year imo. Just hope he's in the team a lot.
Original post by JM1987

kill me now

Powell needs a loan. The highest he's played is league one football. That's a decent move for him if it's true.
Reply 9697
After hearing the €40m for Khedira bid, I'm finally 100% convinced that Ed Woodward might be a moron.

At least we don't have wet armpits like Arsenal fans.

It's obviously a load of ****. There's absolutely no way Madrid would turn that down.
Original post by The Rusty Spork

Don't forget Woodward has been even worse.
Original post by VQG
It's obviously a load of ****. There's absolutely no way Madrid would turn that down.

I hope it is BS. But Real don't have another midfielder of that mould.

Latest