The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VQG
It's obviously a load of ****. There's absolutely no way Madrid would turn that down.

Yeah they would, as he's the only player of that type, I hope they learnt from makalele and not get rid of their only box to box player.
All those people saying Sir Alex would have done a better job need to remember that it was him who didn't buy a midfielder in the past few seasons when we clearly were in need of one/two. But yes I do blame Woodward who has been a shambles with most of the transfers and Moyes has to take the blame for the Fellaini move since he either thought we could get a better deal than his buy out clause or he wasn't his first choice. Either way deals or bids could have been put in quicker than rushing everything on deadline day. What were they doing for the past 3 months? :facepalm:
apparently fellani is nearly done...
Reply 9703
Original post by jam277
Yeah they would, as he's the only player of that type, I hope they learnt from makalele and not get rid of their only box to box player.

They'd just take the money and sign someone 10x better in January or even in these last 2 hours.
Original post by ledleyking123
apparently fellani is nearly done...

That's been the case for the past few days but nothing has come of it. Although he has handed in a transfer request so that might push Everton to sell especially if they get McCarthy.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
That's been the case for the past few days but nothing has come of it. Although he has handed in a transfer request so that might push Everton to sell especially if they get McCarthy.

Sky Sports said that Wigan have confirmed that McCarthy is staying.
Original post by VQG
They'd just take the money and sign someone 10x better in January or even in these last 2 hours.

They'll probably bid 100m for busquetts or martinez :rolleyes: sorry but this transfer window is embarrassing on your behalf if you don't get these players on time. Athletic are probably being ***** with the tax problems.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by poiuytrewq54321

Dave Whelan has told skysports hes not going to sell McCarthy but tbh I think the Fellani deal is going to happen and possibily Ander Herrera *Fingers crossed*. I still don't know whats going on with the Ozil deal its been said to be close to completion for 2-3 hours
Original post by NathanW18
Sky Sports said that Wigan have confirmed that McCarthy is staying.

Yep cause Everton don't want to pay the transfer fee they're asking for. All United bids are gonna go down to the last minute it seems.

I'm just finding this situation so hilarious for some reason especially after reading some comments in this thread.
Reply 9709
Fellaini pulled over for speeding on the way to Manchester.
If I knew that all United's main transfer business was going to happen in the last few hours on deadline day I could have done something better with my summer than roaming around on the net looking at transfer gossip.
Isn't the source for this Khedira nonsense Balague? This is the same guy who told us we were getting Falcao and Torres.
Reply 9712

9.32pm BST
Özil update

there isn't one. But if/when it does go through Manchester United fans are very unhappy about it. Here's Sarah de la Motte to represent the 10 or so disgruntled ones who have been in contact: "Trying to enjoy a relaxing holiday afternoon by the pool here in Washington, DC, but can't take my eyes off my phone! Please say David Moyes has swooped in and stolen Özil from Arsenal so I can enjoy the rest of my day!" I can't say that. The rumours are that United were offered him last week and said no. They are said to have offered €40m for Sami Khedira today and were told to get lost.

:facepalm2:
Original post by DaveSmith99
Isn't the source for this Khedira nonsense Balague? This is the same guy who told us we were getting Falcao and Torres.

...but he's legit because he has a lot of Twitter followers. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9714
Original post by Sami'

Call me naive but what is this an image of?
Original post by qasidb
Call me naive but what is this an image of?

Supposedly the reps from United trying to sort out the Herrera deal.
Original post by DaveSmith99

He's used another source, a radio station, to prop up the story. So not his own invention, but obviously if it happened, he'd be running around owning it. Speaking of Torres, he's "definitively" staying, wonder how he got that confirmation with the Spanish striker lol.

Sam Wallace of the Independent saying Everton asking for more than £25m for Fellaini. I assume personal terms and medical will be done promptly but fee will be an issue.
(edited 10 years ago)
So, McCarthy staying at Wigan and Moyes' boys forgetting to bring all the money for Herrera are the reasons why we're struggling to close the deals.

I think COPE reported the Khedira bid. Same guys that reported Thiago to Bayern and Herrera to us a couple days ago.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sami'

Shouldn't they be running? They seem so relaxed like there's no deadline at all!
Original post by Kenan and Kel
So, McCarthy staying at Wigan and Moyes' boys forgetting to bring all the money for Herrera are the reasons why we're struggling to close the deals.

I think COPE reported the Khedira bid. Same guys that reported Thiago to Bayern and Herrera to us a couple days ago.

The deal with Herrera is thus: United have three officials on the spot with a chequebook, and are ready to pay the buy-out clause, but some administrative issues have been encountered. The three officials are currently discussing their next move over a relaxing pint.

According to Guardian but Sky sports have said something similar. They're saying they might ask for the extra hour so deal could be completed if happening at 12o'clock.

Latest