The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the hell. Has Jose become stupid? Doesn't like Mata and now he wants to loan Lukaku or Lukaku wants to be loaned...
If Lukaku isn't going to be given an opportunity to be a part of the squad now then when will he be given a chance?
I thought we were going to loose the title because of strikers. Now we don't even have a good striker remaining.
Lukaku would have come good as the season progressed but Jose Mourinho clearly is too rigid in his thinking.
Worst case scenario - Demba being loaned, Lukaku loaned and Mata sold. Rather than strengthening we are downgrading.
Now I regret moaning about Rafa Benetiz, atleast he knew how to be versatile and flexible with players but with Jose all he does is talk and gets his way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6061
So turns out Jose is a hypocrite. But could've told you that before tbh.
Why not give us (Arsenal) Ba?:lol:

Now your Lukaku has gone to West Brom right?

Hmmm... This season will be a good one!(I hope)
Reply 6063
Original post by cleveradam
What the hell. Has Jose become stupid? Doesn't like Mata and now he wants to loan Lukaku or Lukaku wants to be loaned...
If Lukaku isn't going to be given an opportunity to be a part of the squad now then when will he be given a chance?
I thought we were going to loose the title because of strikers. Now we don't even have a good striker remaining.
Lukaku would have come good as the season progressed but Jose Mourinho clearly is too rigid in his thinking.
Worst case scenario - Demba being loaned, Lukaku loaned and Mata sold. Rather than strengthening we are downgrading.
Now I regret moaning about Rafa Benetiz, atleast he knew how to be versatile and flexible with players but with Jose all he does is talk and gets his way.

Oh ffs. Mata's been unfit.
Jose isn't rigid in his thinking, he's possibly the most adaptable manager(bar pep) in the world.
Mata ain't being sold. If he was going. We would have heard about it. Use some common sense.
Reply 6064
Could be worse, could be United.
Reply 6065
Original post by Tweek
I'm sure us buying Willian had nothing to do with us tracking him for the past 2 years, and being close to signing him in each of the past 4 or so transfer windows.

Willian wasn't bought to spite AVB. We were looking to buy and all of a sudden Anzhi had a fire sale.

The backlash of selling Mata would be immense. Even that would dent Jose's standing with the fans. As far as I can see Mata hasn't been sold.

This. We've been looking at him for years. We should have done better wrt lukaku but I'm not bothered too much as the homegrown rules means somebody won't play, best to use lukaku here.

Tbf with ba, he said arsenal should give 3m and they didn't pay the fee. Not our fault. The mata bit is bull****, he's not going.
Original post by jam277
Oh ffs. Mata's been unfit.
Jose isn't rigid in his thinking, he's possibly the most adaptable manager(bar pep) in the world.
Mata ain't being sold. If he was going. We would have heard about it. Use some common sense.

You would be raging if he sold Mata wouldnt you?
Reply 6067
Original post by CB91
You would be raging if he sold Mata wouldnt you?

See my post on the last page, I wouldn't mind if he left as we have enough strength and depth to cover. But anyway. It was obvious he wasn't leaving.

I'd have deleted my post that he won't go though :lol:
Reply 6068
Nooo Lukaku :unimpressed::unimpressed:
Lukaku to Everton confirmed. I don't understand this at all, I thought he'd end up becoming your main striker this season. Does Mourinho not rate him or something?
Same thing next year aswell - Lukaku will be first choice for all pre-season games scoring goals then when it comes to games he will be loaned again. left with Torres/Ba/Etoo, we sure will win the title.
Reply 6071
Is Lukaku safe?

If he goes I hope he has another great season, take a few points off the rivals and come back after the WC year.

Who does everyone think will be our next striker?
Torres will most likely get sold in a year or so, Ba won't stay and Eto'o will be too old.
Not sure what striker we could get. Yilmaz and Martinez are the bigger names.

NVM just been confirmed Everton have him :frown:

Eto'o, impress me.
Nooooooooo lukaku!!!! :angry:

Still putting our trust in Torres I see. Ba really needs to up his game if he gets more playing time.

And if eto'o gets injured, we are left with the strikers we had last season :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow surprised it was Lukaku who left..
Reply 6074
I honestly don't know what more Lukaku could've done. 17 goals in the league is not enough it seems but Torres stays chilling with his 7 and I actually like Torres :frown:
Very angered by Jose loaning Lukaku but not Demba Ba. Pretty sure Everton/Arsenal would have took Demba Ba.
Reply 6076
I reckon Eto'o is going to surprise a lot of people. He's only 32 not 40. Ibra is a similar age, Drogba was doing it at that age.
I come home to find out Lukaku's been loaned. Great. Martinez better use this guy.

What do we do if the Eto'o risk doesn't pay off?

I honestly hope him being unmotivated is true at Anzhi.
Original post by The Assassin
I come home to find out Lukaku's been loaned. Great. Martinez better use this guy.

What do we do if the Eto'o risk doesn't pay off?

I honestly hope him being unmotivated is true at Anzhi.

We will have a trio of dead strikers essentially. Torres is Torres, Demba Ba has shown signs of becoming a new Torres and If Etoo flops then we're done for the season.
i really think the Lukaku deal was a knee jerk reaction to his penalty miss against Bayern?

Latest