The Student Room Group
Reply 9960
Original post by Stopmessing
I'd laugh if Moyes played Fellaini as an AM instead of Kagawa

That is what will happen :/
Reply 9961
Desperate to know whether Fabio Coentrao is a United player...even though I feel he is not needed
Woodward deserves the grief he gets, love the parody account. But Moyes will get stick but feel alot of things have happened to make him fail: receiving a midfield not replenished by SAF, getting dodgy signals about Fabregas and still pursuing it, Fellaini clause, the joint bids, can't even go on. Woodward is the chief exec, Moyes has a say in numbers but feel the former has ballsed everything up with the way we've done our work.

I think I'd actually cry if that happened

I'd seriously consider joining the MoyesOut brigade if he did this.

Spoiler

Sky sports news saying that Coentrao deal looks to have gone through but United haven't confirmed it yet neither have they confirmed the Fellaini deal.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'd seriously consider joining the MoyesOut brigade if he did this.

Spoiler

Why doesn't Moyes see that Kagawa is a very good player much better than Giggs and Welbeck combined. Carrick, Fellaini and Kagawa would solve our creativity problem non stop.
Original post by NathanW18
Moyes out trending on Twitter.

I don't even know if we can blame him for this. Surely all he can do is ask the upper management to bring in his targets? Woodward has to finish those deals off.

This window is a failure. I don't care that we have bought Fellaini. We needed a midfielder to help us keep possession and make chances. Fellaini is a hack. He's not going to get away with his elbowing here.

No mate, he bloody is to blame. I think it's quite evident in the way we've randomly bided for about 5/6 players today. Surely that has to come from Moyes? I don't think he's solely to blame, but he has had a massive hand in the way we've conducted ourselves in the window. Why the heck were we trying to secure a deadline day move for Herra when this could have been done a week ago?
Original post by Over2you
No mate, he bloody is to blame. I think it's quite evident in the way we've randomly bided for about 5/6 players today. Surely that has to come from Moyes? I don't think he's solely to blame, but he has had a massive hand in the way we've conducted ourselves in the window. Why the heck were we trying to secure a deadline day move for Herra when this could have been done a week ago?

Because we only got embarrassed by Liverpool on sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9969
Apparently we failed with a bid for Khedira :confused:, £34m.
Original post by rohitbd
Apparently we failed with a bid for Khedira :confused:, £34m.

Yeah panic bid after finding out that we're not gonna get Herrera probably.
This thread will close in like 10 posts, somebody start a new one :tongue:
Original post by sr90

This couldn't have come at a worse time, it's going to get trolled so badly :rofl:
Original post by ElChapo
Because we only got embarrassed by Liverpool on sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I don't buy this. It's standard practice for us to have a tough game at Anfield. Regardless of what manager is there, Liverpool away has always been tough for us. I think him and woodpecker have panicked...the fact we bidded 34 mil for Khederia on the last day?! What the hell are these guys playing at?! a world class DM we bid for on the last day?!
Original post by Over2you

As far as I know, the only new name to come up today is Khedira. We've been linked to Fellaini for years and the speculation went into overdrive as soon as Moyes was confirmed. We put in bids for him and they were rejected. I don't know why we've waited until the final day to finish this, though. We've overpaid for a guy that I believe isn't exactly what we needed.

Herrera was linked to us a couple days ago. It was also confirmed that we bid yesterday, but it was lower than Bilbao's valuation. It's a failure that, that deal hasn't come off. Moyes wanted him and the club didn't buy him. Although, I agree. I don't know why this wasn't done beforehand.

I just don't see the manager as being the one that completes a transfer. I always thought it was the upper management that did that. I'm probably wrong, though.

I'm not sure who else we bid for today?
(edited 10 years ago)
Personally I still have faith in Moyes, Sir Alex would've been pretty much the same in this window , he believed in our squad and we havent lost any players so there wouldnt be the need for big signings. We've had a pretty hard start this season and we gotta give Moyes time to settle, pathetic behaviour from fans asking for Moyes head already, if Sir Alex taught us anything longevity is key.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9976
Original post by sr90

Let's wait until there's 1 post left, in celebration of Edward Woodward.
Original post by DaveSmith99
This couldn't have come at a worse time, it's going to get trolled so badly :rofl:

True, but then again we all did the same when the new Arsenal thread came up :K:
The next thread should be a tribute to Ryan Giggs, but I think due to the great events that occurred tonight, we should dedicate it to Mr Edward Woodward.
Original post by xDave-
Let's wait until there's 1 post left, in celebration of Edward Woodward.

And start it in the health and relationships section

Latest