Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by cliffg
Click on the "Entry" tab on this page :

http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/M100/2013

You can download your joining instructions from there which includes a book list.

Thanks!
Reply 22
Original post by psl007
Hopefully, I won't be charged for when I order the food :tongue:

Not at all :P
Reply 23
Original post by cliffg
Click on the "Entry" tab on this page :

http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/M100/2013

You can download your joining instructions from there which includes a book list.

I've found the list but where can you actually purchase the books from?
Reply 24
Original post by Stephanie940
I've found the list but where can you actually purchase the books from?

There is a Blackwells bookshop on campus which will have in stock all recommended text books. They also usually have secondhand copies from last year, assuming edition remains the same. These are all good quality - too many students buy books and never open them! Buying from Amazon can often save you a couple of pounds - but sometimes, once you've paid for postage there's little difference. Secondhand on Amazon can often be a good deal but check for which edition you're buying.

You can comfortably wait until you start before making book buying decisions. The costs mount up. On the other hand, if you're local, head up to the bookshop - it's beside the SU shop - and snap up secondhand copies before the hoardes arrive.
Reply 25
Original post by cliffg
There is a Blackwells bookshop on campus which will have in stock all recommended text books. They also usually have secondhand copies from last year, assuming edition remains the same. These are all good quality - too many students buy books and never open them! Buying from Amazon can often save you a couple of pounds - but sometimes, once you've paid for postage there's little difference. Secondhand on Amazon can often be a good deal but check for which edition you're buying.

You can comfortably wait until you start before making book buying decisions. The costs mount up. On the other hand, if you're local, head up to the bookshop - it's beside the SU shop - and snap up secondhand copies before the hoardes arrive.

Ok,thanks! :smile:
I'm studying Law

Waiting till I actually begin University before I go out and buy books. See way too often people buying Law books (which are expensive) that they don't use.
Reply 27
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
I'm studying Law

Waiting till I actually begin University before I go out and buy books. See way too often people buying Law books (which are expensive) that they don't use.

I think that's what I am going to end up doing now
I think that's what I am going to end up doing now

Yeah there isn't any point buying them beforehand especially if you have already studied A-level Law because I think that's what we will be covering for the first few weeks or so. It's best to wait and see what the lecturer advises more than anything.
Reply 29
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Yeah there isn't any point buying them beforehand especially if you have already studied A-level Law because I think that's what we will be covering for the first few weeks or so. It's best to wait and see what the lecturer advises more than anything.

Yeah I thought it may end up being things I have already gone through in A level law,I guess we'll see :smile:.
Reply 30
My advice for people is buy your text books right away and don't wait till the last possible second to get them. You don't know how many the bookstore has in stock and you could possibly wait a few weeks before they get them in again. Just because you studied A-Level Law doesn't mean you will be covering it right away. The profs could ask you to read a certain page from a book the first week and it may just be the one you need.

Then again that's just my advice as I have already completed Uni before going into law however each to their own.
Reply 31
Original post by psl007
My advice for people is buy your text books right away and don't wait till the last possible second to get them. You don't know how many the bookstore has in stock and you could possibly wait a few weeks before they get them in again. Just because you studied A-Level Law doesn't mean you will be covering it right away. The profs could ask you to read a certain page from a book the first week and it may just be the one you need.

Then again that's just my advice as I have already completed Uni before going into law however each to their own.

Your second Degree? To be honest I am still looking around to see if I can maybe get them off amazon so I can of have a backup atleast :smile:
Reply 32
Your second Degree? To be honest I am still looking around to see if I can maybe get them off amazon so I can of have a backup atleast :smile:

I wouldn't say second more like my third lol. Also take a look at the Oxford University Press, they may have the books as well.
Reply 33
Original post by psl007
I wouldn't say second more like my third lol. Also take a look at the Oxford University Press, they may have the books as well.

Oh wow.... What made you want to do a third degree? Don't you have to pay to do like another degree after your first one?
Reply 34
Oh wow.... What made you want to do a third degree? Don't you have to pay to do like another degree after your first one?

I'm Canadian, and I obtained my first two degrees there.

What made me do a third one? A combination of a few things, wanted a new challenge, take up the family profession and not see good people like my older brother get his name dragged through the mud, as his divorce went on for 7 years.
Reply 35
Original post by psl007
I'm Canadian, and I obtained my first two degrees there.

What made me do a third one? A combination of a few things, wanted a new challenge, take up the family profession and not see good people like my older brother get his name dragged through the mud, as his divorce went on for 7 years.

Wow so it runs deep then,pretty awful for him especially. What did you do your other two degrees in?
Reply 36
Wow so it runs deep then,pretty awful for him especially. What did you do your other two degrees in?

I have one in Web Development and another in Advertising.
Reply 37
Original post by psl007
I have one in Web Development and another in Advertising.

oh cool :smile:
Reply 38
oh cool :smile:

You all ready for uni then?
Reply 39
Original post by psl007
You all ready for uni then?

Haha pretty much. Just have to get all my books and then i'm ready,how about you?. You live in the UK or you moving here?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending