This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
x

Original post by superwolf
x

thought id let you know that Rory is still at his mums for the immediate future, and hes got his smile back and is safe and about to be tucked up in bed sleeping :h:
Who is best to go see about depression? I would have thought doctors wouldn't be able to do much which is why I've always used my own ways to sort myself out when I feel unhappy.
Original post by Willum Infanta
Who is best to go see about depression? I would have thought doctors wouldn't be able to do much which is why I've always used my own ways to sort myself out when I feel unhappy.

Your GP is your best bet if you suspect depression really - they can refer you onto counselling/CBT services and prescribe medication, so it's a useful place to start, and it can just be helpful to talk things through with them. If you at school/college/university, you could also enquire about their counselling services (as far as I know, all universities have one, less sure about schools/colleges) and start things there. :smile:
Original post by legalreality
Very articulate way of putting it. The question is raises for me is why do humans have a tendancy to go into cycles of avoiding contact with others even though they know it's good for them? One of life's mysteries :holmes:

Indeed. I would give you an answer but given I've been avoiding most of my friends the last six months for no reason other than psychotic paranoia, I can't really help you there :colondollar:

Original post by PonchoKid
thought id let you know that Rory is still at his mums for the immediate future, and hes got his smile back and is safe and about to be tucked up in bed sleeping :h:

Thanks for letting me know. Still on PRSOM for you, FFS :colonhash:
Indeed. I would give you an answer but given I've been avoiding most of my friends the last six months for no reason other than psychotic paranoia, I can't really help you there :colondollar:

Thanks for letting me know. Still on PRSOM for you, FFS :colonhash:

Its ok, and im not cool enough for PERSOM :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its ok, and im not cool enough for PERSOM :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well clearly you are, coz I've tried repping you at least twice recently, only to get PRSOM thrown back in my face :angry:

:smug:
Well clearly you are, coz I've tried repping you at least twice recently, only to get PRSOM thrown back in my face :angry:

:smug:

nope, im just full of pointless useful crap information, self hatred, or complaining and whineing

and ****ness :yep:
Been very crappy lately and so not been on much. :hugs: for all that need them, really sorry I haven't been supportive or anything.
Going away for a week tomorrow so I'm not going to be posting, hope everyone is doing all right and I'll hopefully be back to being able to be supportive of others once I've returned. Hoping this trip will do me some good, desperately feeling like I need to escape atm.
Iv decided im going to make a plan. I dont have long to sort it out, and dont know what will happen but its the right thing to do. I know it is. It just needs to all go well for it to be successful. But i need to complete it first. I dont know what my other option is currently. I cant stay here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7169
Original post by octoberbaby
Been very crappy lately and so not been on much. :hugs: for all that need them, really sorry I haven't been supportive or anything.
Going away for a week tomorrow so I'm not going to be posting, hope everyone is doing all right and I'll hopefully be back to being able to be supportive of others once I've returned. Hoping this trip will do me some good, desperately feeling like I need to escape atm.

I know that feeling of needing to escape, and I've just started work with no holiday until Christmas :rolleyes:

Hope your holiday does you good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay so managed to get my mum not to kick me out (for now at least :/), basically have to somehow motivate myself to look after myself and do more chores :s-smilie: which is kinda scary cause I know I am gonna struggle with it. but I don't have any other place to go right now so I just hope that motivates me at least.

sleep is still blaahhh right now but just got a free month of Netflix so at least have stuff to watch/do now.

hope people are okay, many hugs to those that need them, cause I know I could do with some right now! :hugs:
Reply 7171
Original post by SciFiRory
okay so managed to get my mum not to kick me out (for now at least :/), basically have to somehow motivate myself to look after myself and do more chores :s-smilie: which is kinda scary cause I know I am gonna struggle with it. but I don't have any other place to go right now so I just hope that motivates me at least.

sleep is still blaahhh right now but just got a free month of Netflix so at least have stuff to watch/do now.

hope people are okay, many hugs to those that need them, cause I know I could do with some right now! :hugs:

:jumphug:

Good to hear you've sorted things out for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slept too long, new day starts at 11 o' clock, I just pretend I am convinced that today I will be able to learn. :cry2: I only have 6 hours anyway...omg.
nope, im just full of pointless useful crap information, self hatred, or complaining and whineing

and ****ness :yep:

That's not true hun - don't be so down on yourself. Sorry for the delayed response - Dad took the laptop off me for his ebaying :nothing:

Original post by SciFiRory

Original post by Nathanielle
Slept too long, new day starts at 11 o' clock, I just pretend I am convinced that today I will be able to learn. :cry2: I only have 6 hours anyway...omg.

Good luck! :hugs:
That's not true hun - don't be so down on yourself. Sorry for the delayed response - Dad took the laptop off me for his ebaying :nothing:

Good luck! :hugs:

Im just in a bad place atm i think.
And need my boyfriend because im falling apart and having bad thoughts.
So im massively hating myself atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** **** ****. Dont think iv got EC :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7176
why do ****ing ptsd nightmares have to be so intrusive the next day. have to keep remembering and then being all "no, not real, just a dream" but then by that point i'm thinking about Bad Things and intrusive thoughts are everywhere. hate this. wish i had cbt sooner than 18th cos theres stuff i need to talk about and i was too useless to talk about it last session. and i think until i next see her, i'm going to be preoccupied with it. making my brain want to explode.
Reply 7177
Getting really anxious about misinterpreting an email. I keep feeling like if I ask for clarification or get it wrong then the person is going to think I'm an idiot and not talk to me again. On the other hand it makes absolutely no grammatical sense. The whole email just says "how now?"
I don't know if they're asking how I am or something, if so then how are you now doesn't seem like the nornal way to phrase it. Can't believe I'm panicking so much about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys
Original post by VaVe
Getting really anxious about misinterpreting an email. I keep feeling like if I ask for clarification or get it wrong then the person is going to think I'm an idiot and not talk to me again. On the other hand it makes absolutely no grammatical sense. The whole email just says "how now?"
I don't know if they're asking how I am or something, if so then how are you now doesn't seem like the nornal way to phrase it. Can't believe I'm panicking so much about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

if it makes no grammatical sense then personally i would say you are fine to ask for clarification. is it consistent errors throughout or just the odd one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending