The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love waking up and seeing Mr. Gove's face on the telly *shudders*
Original post by SophieB1997
Good luck to everyone starting sixth form/college this week! :smile: (I forgot to say it yesterday so if you started then I hope it went well)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Wow I can't believe it's come so quickly :eek4:
Hello guys! I am from Banglore and I am new here.I am staring my college tomorrow and the college mentioned tomorrow is year 12 induction day.Can anyone explain on what r they exactly going to do on induction day??
Original post by Red Fox
They got 2 decent players in the end but one is a loan and 27 mil for Fellaini is not worth it. Herrera for 30 mil was an absolute joke:biggrin:

I reckon they're gonna suffer this year :smug:
Original post by Red Fox
85 wasn't it?

I thought it was 83 but :dontknow:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Woop I start sixth form tomorrow.

Life is boring in the Tailsiverse.

:five:

I cannot wait for tomorrow!:woo:

Super fresh start now :biggrin:
Reply 3884
Only 2 more days now, mixed feelings.
Reply 3885
HELLO! dont think you've added me yet

Im doing Biology, chemistry and physics all OCR
and History AQA :biggrin:
Reply 3886
It's suddenly dawned upon me that looking at my timetable for the first time tomorrow will probably make me want to cry haha
Reply 3887
Original post by RagaZ
HELLO! dont think you've added me yet

Im doing Biology, chemistry and physics all OCR
and History AQA :biggrin:

What topics are you doing for history? :h:

And best start organising for tomorrow...
Reply 3888
Original post by serebro
Hi everyone!

I have been stalking watching this thread since it started but, never got round to posting. I start sixth form tomorrow, but I’m not that nervous, since I’m going back to my school for their sixth form. The thing I’m actually petrified about is that I am taking AS German. I am usually fine with languages and I have already done French at AS level. But, I have to teach myself the subject! My sixth form can give me the frees, but I pretty much have to organise/learn by myself! Oh well… it was my choice to be fair!

At least that means I technically now have only 3 lessons a day now. And the massive bonus is that I don’t have to set myself homework… well not with the expectation for it to be finished. I spent a lot of the summer practising and doing some past papers so thank god for the 14 week summer this year! My first homework will be to watch any of my favourite TV shows in German. Simples!

Oh and I’m taking Spanish (WJEC), German (WJEC), Business Studies (AQA) & Religious Studies (Edexcel - The Philosophy and Ethics bit)

Good luck everyone this week.

Ahhhh hello and welcome to the thread. :tongue:

Good to see someone else other than me doing WJEC German. :biggrin:
So I had to get up at 5.50 today to go into school for an hour, get a photo taken and then just come home again. That was the most pointless waste of time when I could be sleeping ever... :frown:
Reply 3890
Original post by LeFailFish
So I had to get up at 5.50 today to go into school for an hour, get a photo taken and then just come home again. That was the most pointless waste of time when I could be sleeping ever... :frown:

Damnnnn, I'd be so annoyed if I was you haha. :tongue:
Has anyone else had their first day today (mine was technically a half day)?
Reply 3892
Original post by EvasiveRose
Has anyone else had their first day today (mine was technically a half day)?

Don't go back until Monday. -.-

How did it go? :smile:
I've been to enroll this morning :smile: Finally start on Thursday.
Original post by Lucas.
Ahhhh hello and welcome to the thread. :tongue:

Good to see someone else other than me doing WJEC German. :biggrin:

I'm also doing WJEC German! I completed the AS last year in Year 11 (as our school does GCSE languages in Year 9), and I am now going to start the A2. I have to say, German is the subject I'm worried about the most :s-smilie:. I'm also doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths this year.

Good luck!
Reply 3895
Original post by Aimen_Hassan
I'm also doing WJEC German! I completed the AS last year in Year 11 (as our school does GCSE languages in Year 9), and I am now going to start the A2. I have to say, German is the subject I'm worried about the most :s-smilie:. I'm also doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths this year.

Good luck!

Ohhh, that's why it says A2 next to your name in the OP then. :tongue:

Really? I'm looking forward to doing German. :biggrin:

Thanks, good luck to you too. :smile:
I still have 6 days to go ... just wanna start school now :frown:
Reply 3897
Original post by Mr.Nor
What topics are you doing for history? :h:

And best start organising for tomorrow...

For AS year im doing Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 (looks like the most fun topic)
Then Sixties Social Revolution... British society 1959-75 (sounds boring)

and for A2 modern britain History and the coursework

U starting tomorrow ?
Reply 3898
Original post by RagaZ
For AS year im doing Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 (looks like the most fun topic)
Then Sixties Social Revolution... British society 1959-75 (sounds boring)

and for A2 modern britain History and the coursework

U starting tomorrow ?

I'm doing the sixties too!! And it sounds like my most fun topic, my other unit it totalitarian ideology :h: I think at A2 we do international relations :smile:

And yeah :frown: are you starting tomorrow too?
Reply 3899
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm doing the sixties too!! And it sounds like my most fun topic, my other unit it totalitarian ideology :h: I think at A2 we do international relations :smile:

And yeah :frown: are you starting tomorrow too?

yh!! y so sad ?! im kinda excited...ive already got my bag packed and stuff

Latest