The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

:cry2: Went to look at a boarding place for my mice cos my mum wants me to go on holiday with her, only when we got there some guy yelled at us for parking in the wrong place. Cue me crying non-stop and being unable to go look at the place. So wasted time, wasted a trip and petrol, and I still don't know if the place is ok, or even if I want to go on holiday at all. :frown:
Original post by superwolf
:cry2: Went to look at a boarding place for my mice cos my mum wants me to go on holiday with her, only when we got there some guy yelled at us for parking in the wrong place. Cue me crying non-stop and being unable to go look at the place. So wasted time, wasted a trip and petrol, and I still don't know if the place is ok, or even if I want to go on holiday at all. :frown:

Thats a bit mean of him!
Could someone not look after them for a bit, or even the place you got them from?
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Thats a bit mean of him!
Could someone not look after them for a bit, or even the place you got them from?
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: My friend I live with isn't doing so well himself, so we've already agreed it would be asking too much of him to be looking after them, especially if I go for more than a week and he'd have to clean the cage out. The woman I got them from would probably be happy to look after them, only she lives too far away. :s-smilie: Thanks for the ideas though. :smile:

I might put off making any decisions for a few days - I shouldn't find out when my dissertation extension is for (if I get it :crossedf:) till Thursday, so I should probably wait till then anyway. I'm quite nervous about the idea of leaving my mice for over a week as they're only just getting used to me, and that plus dissertation plus debt problems is all just piling up...
Zooplus - it's a pretty good online pet shop. The hemp might seem expensive, but trust me it'll last you for months - comes in a massive bag. My mice really like it, as if you do a thick layer it's really good for tunnelling, and for some reason they like just carrying bits of it about the cage too. :tongue: There are some good toys on that site too.

Yeah I use dried ones - much more practical, and less wriggly! I give them millet too and haven't had any problems with it - maybe give them a little bit at a time next time? It could also be they were just stressed at the time as well, I've heard they dislike moving house about as much as humans do. :tongue:

Show pictures!!! I don't know the official names for my ones' colours, but one is ginger and the other two are brown-and-white cow coloured. You can see some kinda crappy photos of them here - I need to take more pictures now they're less shy. Grace is much smaller than the other two, but we don't know if it's just genetics or cos she was probably taken away from her mum too soon. She's also really speedy, and really shy, so I think it's gonna take a while to tame her!

That's great that you got them from a good breeder - I've heard that if you get them from Pets at Home then half the time the females have been kept together with the males and come home with you pregnant! I'm really glad I was able to get mines from a rescue - the woman who runs it is lovely and we've been emailing each other a lot with questions and advice and stuff.

Oh my goodness they are so gorgeous!!! I particularly like Elliott's colouring!

I gave them a teeny bit of millet last night, just to see how it would go. They loved it of course; I think you're right that it was probably the stress of moving plus millet which gave them funny tummies. I am investigating the hemp, I love Zooplus.

How old are yours? Mine are.....13 weeks now? I'm not sure when they're fully grown.

Yes I'm not a fan of Pets at Home. One time I was in there and we had to alert one of the staff that a Chinese hamster had give birth! Stupidly he then moved the entire bottom of the cage (it slid out) to take it to the back, which probably stressed her. On the plus side, the one near me has pretty good staff, and the animals are always clean. I've heard some real horror stories.

Edit: Just seen your posts above, I'm sorry you're having a tough time finding somewhere for the meeces.
(edited 10 years ago)
:hugs: My friend I live with isn't doing so well himself, so we've already agreed it would be asking too much of him to be looking after them, especially if I go for more than a week and he'd have to clean the cage out. The woman I got them from would probably be happy to look after them, only she lives too far away. :s-smilie: Thanks for the ideas though. :smile:

I might put off making any decisions for a few days - I shouldn't find out when my dissertation extension is for (if I get it :crossedf:) till Thursday, so I should probably wait till then anyway. I'm quite nervous about the idea of leaving my mice for over a week as they're only just getting used to me, and that plus dissertation plus debt problems is all just piling up...

Yeah dont make a decision just yet, also youv just moved aswell so you probably just need to nest at yours :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the drs in an hour and terrified :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the drs in an hour and terrified :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory

my mystery rash is still just that, a mystery...

staying on 20mg of fluoxetine as the binging has gone down, but i think i need to keep a food diary as i dunno.

back in 3 months now i think :smile:

hope your ok and things are looking up :hugs:
My sleep pattern is so so so messed up. Some nights I sleep 5 hours other nights its more like 10 hours :/ I'm absolutely shattered now :frown:
Reply 7189
cant stop crying. don't feel safe at all and I feel so hated by everyone. honestl hae no idea what to do so irrational
Reply 7190
Original post by 08batee
cant stop crying. don't feel safe at all and I feel so hated by everyone. honestl hae no idea what to do so irrational

:jumphug:

We all love you here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7191
Original post by Meaty_man
if it makes no grammatical sense then personally i would say you are fine to ask for clarification. is it consistent errors throughout or just the odd one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the first one. My brother reckons it's just a casual greeting so I just replied as if they'd asked how my day was.
when i was in the Drs i saw a teacher from school that used to be really nasty to me, and pretty much bullied me.
when i saw her i got so scared, and i know i shouldnt be scared of her anymore because she cant do or say anything, but it really got to me, and i became really pannicy deffinately didnt like it :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
I think the first step is to make a list of stuff you need to do, if it's all written down it'll be easier to remember. Then once you've done that look over the list and see what the easiest thing is then work on doing it. One at a time.

Have now done housing benefit stuff :yy: - just the other minor things like dissertation to do now. :tongue:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: Do you have a care coordinator who you could palm off the benefits stuff onto, at least? Not that I always try and palm things off to others or anything :ninja:

Nah, currently I don't even have a GP! Which I really need to fix...

thought id let you know that Rory is still at his mums for the immediate future, and hes got his smile back and is safe and about to be tucked up in bed sleeping :h:

Thank you for updating us. :h:

Original post by Willum Infanta
Who is best to go see about depression? I would have thought doctors wouldn't be able to do much which is why I've always used my own ways to sort myself out when I feel unhappy.

As has been said, your GP generally is best, as they're the gateway to other services. Hope they can help. :smile:

Original post by octoberbaby
Been very crappy lately and so not been on much. :hugs: for all that need them, really sorry I haven't been supportive or anything.
Going away for a week tomorrow so I'm not going to be posting, hope everyone is doing all right and I'll hopefully be back to being able to be supportive of others once I've returned. Hoping this trip will do me some good, desperately feeling like I need to escape atm.

Hope you have fun on your trip. :smile:

Original post by SciFiRory
okay so managed to get my mum not to kick me out (for now at least :/), basically have to somehow motivate myself to look after myself and do more chores :s-smilie: which is kinda scary cause I know I am gonna struggle with it. but I don't have any other place to go right now so I just hope that motivates me at least.

sleep is still blaahhh right now but just got a free month of Netflix so at least have stuff to watch/do now.

hope people are okay, many hugs to those that need them, cause I know I could do with some right now! :hugs:

That is awesome news, and I hope your home life gets better soon. :hugs:

**** **** ****. Dont think iv got EC :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug:

Original post by asdfgah
why do ****ing ptsd nightmares have to be so intrusive the next day. have to keep remembering and then being all "no, not real, just a dream" but then by that point i'm thinking about Bad Things and intrusive thoughts are everywhere. hate this. wish i had cbt sooner than 18th cos theres stuff i need to talk about and i was too useless to talk about it last session. and i think until i next see her, i'm going to be preoccupied with it. making my brain want to explode.

:hugs: I know how haunting even regular nightmares can be, so I can't imagine how horrible yours must be to remember. :frown: Send me a PM sometime if you want to chat.

Original post by Lazuliblue
Oh my goodness they are so gorgeous!!! I particularly like Elliott's colouring!

I gave them a teeny bit of millet last night, just to see how it would go. They loved it of course; I think you're right that it was probably the stress of moving plus millet which gave them funny tummies. I am investigating the hemp, I love Zooplus.

How old are yours? Mine are.....13 weeks now? I'm not sure when they're fully grown.

Yes I'm not a fan of Pets at Home. One time I was in there and we had to alert one of the staff that a Chinese hamster had give birth! Stupidly he then moved the entire bottom of the cage (it slid out) to take it to the back, which probably stressed her. On the plus side, the one near me has pretty good staff, and the animals are always clean. I've heard some real horror stories.

Edit: Just seen your posts above, I'm sorry you're having a tough time finding somewhere for the meeces.

He's beautiful isn't he? :love: I especially love his massive ears. :h:

Glad to hear the millet went well and didn't upset them again. :yy: Another really good website is Rat Rations - it's mostly meant for rats, but there's tons of stuff mice can eat and play with too. I found it a bit overwhelming since there were so many different foods on there, but I found a safe food list on another site which helped me work out what they'd like, and what's ok for them to have. I now really want to make another order, only I can't afford it right now. :redface:

Aww, poor hammy! I don't really blame the floor staff though - it's the people in charge who should be giving them proper training and facilities for taking care of the little critters. I'm not very good at ethical shopping (cos fairtrade tea tastes like crap :yucky:), but I do try and not buy anything from Pets at Home. :angel: :tongue:

Ah, it'll work itself out - feeling a lot more positive right now having been cheered up by garlic bread and playful mice. :smile:

when i was in the Drs i saw a teacher from school that used to be really nasty to me, and pretty much bullied me.
when i saw her i got so scared, and i know i shouldnt be scared of her anymore because she cant do or say anything, but it really got to me, and i became really pannicy deffinately didnt like it :frown:

:hugs: People like that are frankly pathetic - you're worth a million of her Poncho!
Im just in a bad place atm i think.
And need my boyfriend because im falling apart and having bad thoughts.
So im massively hating myself atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by asdfgah
why do ****ing ptsd nightmares have to be so intrusive the next day. have to keep remembering and then being all "no, not real, just a dream" but then by that point i'm thinking about Bad Things and intrusive thoughts are everywhere. hate this. wish i had cbt sooner than 18th cos theres stuff i need to talk about and i was too useless to talk about it last session. and i think until i next see her, i'm going to be preoccupied with it. making my brain want to explode.

Hugs to both! :jumphug: Hope your days improved :h:

Btw, going to Isle of Wight tomorrow, so if I go AWOL, please don't worry. Back Friday evening, probs back here (online) on Saturday :yes:

Fave ladies (asdfgah, tasha96, FuzzySheep and 08batee): text if you need to. I will reply, providing my phone battery isn't dying. (Obviously will take charger, blah blah, but it doesn't half die quickly these days! :colonhash: )
Reply 7195
Still need to talk to someone I think. Not sure who though, it's all triggering and sort of want to talk to someone I haven't really discussed anything with before so I can get a better fresh look, but is all selfish. Don't know what to do.
Original post by asdfgah
Still need to talk to someone I think. Not sure who though, it's all triggering and sort of want to talk to someone I haven't really discussed anything with before so I can get a better fresh look, but is all selfish. Don't know what to do.

Does that rule me out? Coz if you wanna talk, I'm online for a teeny bit until my headache becomes too unbearable :colondollar:
Thank you for updating us. :h:

:hugs: People like that are frankly pathetic - you're worth a million of her Poncho!

just thought you guys would want updating and i knew he was sleeping :tongue:

i dunno, she was SO mean to me, once she said that i was basically taking up 99% of the badminton court i was laid on :cry2:
she then got me in trouble for walking out after she said it.
i didnt think id feel like that after seeing her, but i did, i literally just wanted to hide, but my mum was there :frown:
Reply 7198
I think the best thing about the up and coming colder months is that I have an excuse not to do stuff. I could sit in the warmth under a quilt, drink hot chocolate/tea and watch films n'all :h:

I have actually had a nice day today, I went through a whole day without thinking about anything majorly negative :smile: I hope all is well for everyone :hugs:
just thought you guys would want updating and i knew he was sleeping :tongue:

i dunno, she was SO mean to me, once she said that i was basically taking up 99% of the badminton court i was laid on :cry2:
she then got me in trouble for walking out after she said it.
i didnt think id feel like that after seeing her, but i did, i literally just wanted to hide, but my mum was there :frown:

That just proves how horrible a person she is, and how unworthy of your attention she is. I know it's really hard not to let these things get to you, but remember you've moved on from that part of your life now, and she doesn't actually matter any more. :smile:

Original post by IDukem
I think the best thing about the up and coming colder months is that I have an excuse not to do stuff. I could sit in the warmth under a quilt, drink hot chocolate/tea and watch films n'all :h:

I have actually had a nice day today, I went through a whole day without thinking about anything majorly negative :smile: I hope all is well for everyone :hugs:

Glad to hear you had a good day. :smile:

Latest