Original post by Sollyhol
My timetable is like that too, apart from no afternoon break D:

Wow that must be horrible haha. :tongue:
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm extremely excited for bake off...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Absolutely love it, I've watched it every series :smile:
Original post by Tibbz2

I can't wait for next year when all the lessons of the 4th subject turn to free periods :biggrin:

Same + an extra free period next year too as P.E will no longer be compulsory (may still do it though- to keep fit and all :tongue:)

Original post by Lucas.

We might have a double lesson, but because of how the timetable is set out, it's unlikely. :tongue:

Damnnn, study under supervision, that must be so painful. :tongue:

I know right!? 2 hours 20 minutes, I am so up for that! My college is in a market town rather than in a city centre, and just on the outskirts of town there's a Sainsbury's and a Bowling Alley... I think I know where I'll be spending most of my frees. :rolleyes:

Oi, leave my hair alone. :wink:

I haven't had one yet- but maybe I'll actually work that way or on the other hand just blankly stare at my notes for a good hour whilst thinking about lunch :tongue:
I think we all know where you'll be spending most of your frees :laugh:
But you've got such nice hair. Did you dye it or did it just naturally change colour :eyebrow:?
I think I've skewed the whole, every hour spent in lesson an hour should be spent at home thing. I've spent like so long doing Chemistry, and not really looking at other stuff, I guess it's early days but it's so cool. I'm like learning one or two lessons ahead, so when it comes up in class, I can just answer everything woo. I wish I did this for GCSE, but there were just so many subjects.
Reply 3944
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Ooh, I'm doing Tsarist Russia too *nods*. Do you know what you're doing for your coursework?

not to sure yet find out tomorrow i think
Today was my first day at sixth form! I did geology, biology, chemistry and Spanish. Today we were given a 'one-off' timetable in addition to our normal timetables, and the 'one-off' ones were for today only, giving us a shorter-than-usual 'starter lesson' of each subject. Here's my first impressions:

Geology was excellent. The teacher was soooo inspiring, I didn't want to leave at the end of class haha! Then I went to biology which wasn't so good... The teacher didn't seem very competent and I don't feel as if I can put my full confidence in her—I've heard that last year some of what she taught to her class was completely incorrect. I'll give her a week or so, but if I'm still not happy then I'll see if I can change classes or something :/
Chemistry went okay, but my teacher wasn't in college today due to illness, so the woman who took my class today won't be my permanent teacher. The class seemed nice though :smile:
Spanish was fantastic! Brilliant! The teacher and the class were both really friendly. The language department seems very organised as well :smile:

About my timetable (my normal one, not my one-off one!): I have three lessons per subject per week, and it works out that each lesson is on average 1hr 30mins long. Per week, I'll also have an additional hour-long support class for chemistry, and also one for biology. Tutorial(/core studies) is once a week, and also once a week is 'enrichment' in which we have to do an extracurricular activity. I have quite a bit of free time, so I expect that will be very useful :smile:

I'm using the app iStudiez to manage my timetable, so I've attached a screenshot of that because it's probably easier to understand than my short description above.
Attachment not found
Starting sixth form tomorrow... Ah, can't wait! :biggrin:
I start school in 36 hours, unbelievable
Can't wait for tomorrow, Double Biology and then Chemistry. I can't wait, eeek. I can tell Chemistry is going to be my favourite.
Reply 3949
Original post by EvasiveRose
I haven't had one yet- but maybe I'll actually work that way or on the other hand just blankly stare at my notes for a good hour whilst thinking about lunch :tongue:
I think we all know where you'll be spending most of your frees :laugh:
But you've got such nice hair. Did you dye it or did it just naturally change colour :eyebrow:?

Really!? There's no way on this planet I could do that. :tongue:

Haha, nothing wrong with going for a cheeky bowl and getting pizza at Sainsbury's every lunch. :biggrin:

My hair has always been really light and blonde, but like July '12 me and my mate (who also has blonde hair) thought it would be hilarious to dye our hair ginger... It wasn't that funny, and the ginger just wouldn't fade out of my hair, so I had no choice but to dye it brown...

Fast forward a few months (October '12) and it's starting to fade and my roots are grey.. :colondollar: So I decided to re-dye it, but it went black... :rolleyes: Excuse my disgusting hair.. but this is what it looked like. My mouth is so weird again..

gay.png

I kept getting my hair cut regularly up until May '13 when it had faded, and I wanted a drastic change in my hair... So I got it cut shorter than I had ever had it before - although it was still quite long - and it just happened to be blonde after I got it cut. :tongue:

Haven't had it cut since. :tongue: The reason it looks a bit dark in that picture next to my Year 7 picture is because it's still wet. :colondollar:

That was so much longer than it needed to be.. :tongue:
Original post by Lucas.

I've had practise at blindly staring at things and looking like I'm learning something
You have to go to Sainsburys to get a pizza, but I can get one at our cafetaria (its amazing :heart: )
I guess you just love talking about your hair :tongue:
Although I still think it looks great (no matter the colour :biggrin: )
Original post by Lucas.
Damnnnn, I'd be so annoyed if I was you haha. :tongue:

Yup, I was pretty annoyed about it :mad:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Can't wait for tomorrow, Double Biology and then Chemistry. I can't wait, eeek. I can tell Chemistry is going to be my favourite.

I have double maths, double biology and then double mandatory PE... although I think as it's the first day of lessons we don't actually have to do anything but but choose a sport for the term in PE :biggrin:
Reply 3953
Original post by EvasiveRose
I've had practise at blindly staring at things and looking like I'm learning something
You have to go to Sainsburys to get a pizza, but I can get one at our cafetaria (its amazing :heart: )
I guess you just love talking about your hair :tongue:
Although I still think it looks great (no matter the colour :biggrin: )

To be honest, you might as well just work, rather than do nothing. :tongue: It'll help pass the time. :tongue:

Nah, we have a café on the college site... But it sucks so I'm going to Sainsbury's. :tongue:

Honestly, that's the most I've ever spoken about my hair ever. :tongue: Thanks.. I still hate it though. :wink:
Original post by Lucas.
Wow, how do they even find all those teachers to be able to teach it.

Mind you, my Year 8 Science teacher was only 23 and he was fluent in Russian and German... I had always heard 'rumours' of him being a total dick in detentions and he'd sometimes shout at you in Russian, or make you do lines in Russian (he'd give you a dictionary). One time I hate to write four haikus (one about each season) in Russian. Probably the worst detention I've ever had.

He also used to give us class detentions and make us stare at the clock for two minutes in silence. If you smiled or looked away then the two minutes would start again. I'm pretty sure he was a psychopath... Such a cool guy though!

Hmm, I think puberty ruined me. :frown:

Well they must exist, and it seems that a lot of language graduates do fall to teaching because they seem aware of the other options available.

Oh wow, he sounds amazing! Maybe a bit psychotic and scary at the time, but teachers with personalities really are the best. It makes their lessons much more interesting and memorable.

Haha no, it's certainly the better - your hair in particular!
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Today was my first day at sixth form! I did geology, biology, chemistry and Spanish. Today we were given a 'one-off' timetable in addition to our normal timetables, and the 'one-off' ones were for today only, giving us a shorter-than-usual 'starter lesson' of each subject. Here's my first impressions:

Geology was excellent. The teacher was soooo inspiring, I didn't want to leave at the end of class haha! Then I went to biology which wasn't so good... The teacher didn't seem very competent and I don't feel as if I can put my full confidence in her—I've heard that last year some of what she taught to her class was completely incorrect. I'll give her a week or so, but if I'm still not happy then I'll see if I can change classes or something :/
Chemistry went okay, but my teacher wasn't in college today due to illness, so the woman who took my class today won't be my permanent teacher. The class seemed nice though :smile:
Spanish was fantastic! Brilliant! The teacher and the class were both really friendly. The language department seems very organised as well :smile:

About my timetable (my normal one, not my one-off one!): I have three lessons per subject per week, and it works out that each lesson is on average 1hr 30mins long. Per week, I'll also have an additional hour-long support class for chemistry, and also one for biology. Tutorial(/core studies) is once a week, and also once a week is 'enrichment' in which we have to do an extracurricular activity. I have quite a bit of free time, so I expect that will be very useful :smile:

I'm using the app iStudiez to manage my timetable, so I've attached a screenshot of that because it's probably easier to understand than my short description above.
Attachment not found

You made me jealous. Tomorrow shall be great!:biggrin:
Can't wait for sixth form tomorrow! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3957
I BROKE MY BAGS ZIP THE NIGHT BEFORE (nothing a few layers of tape can't fix)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually so excited for my first day of lessons tomorrow! I miss p1&2 for form time :unimpressed: but then I have double maths (which I'm so looking forward too :tongue:), double chem, a single free, then double physics :smile:
Original post by Lucas.
Really!? There's no way on this planet I could do that. :tongue:

Haha, nothing wrong with going for a cheeky bowl and getting pizza at Sainsbury's every lunch. :biggrin:

My hair has always been really light and blonde, but like July '12 me and my mate (who also has blonde hair) thought it would be hilarious to dye our hair ginger... It wasn't that funny, and the ginger just wouldn't fade out of my hair, so I had no choice but to dye it brown...

Fast forward a few months (October '12) and it's starting to fade and my roots are grey.. :colondollar: So I decided to re-dye it, but it went black... :rolleyes: Excuse my disgusting hair.. but this is what it looked like. My mouth is so weird again..

gay.png

I kept getting my hair cut regularly up until May '13 when it had faded, and I wanted a drastic change in my hair... So I got it cut shorter than I had ever had it before - although it was still quite long - and it just happened to be blonde after I got it cut. :tongue:

Haven't had it cut since. :tongue: The reason it looks a bit dark in that picture next to my Year 7 picture is because it's still wet. :colondollar:

That was so much longer than it needed to be.. :tongue:

Train tickets on your door :biggrin: I do the same with mine. They're such a funky colour :3

Latest