The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zakee
What's the difference between a mathematician and a pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four.

Oh you went there. :colone:

Why are quantum physicists so bad in bed?

Spoiler

Original post by Felix Felicis
Accchhh, can I not just apply to Newnham? :rolleyes:

It does have the second longest indoor corridor in Europe :yep: Besides, I've been there #playa
Original post by keromedic
:smile: :biggrin:, weren't you like on 4 gems? If so, congrats on getting to the green side :smile:.

How do you have so many followers? I have a handful :frown:.

Yeah I had 3 red gems before :biggrin: I just speak my mind regardless :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Everyone's doing so now! :colone: I'll post mine...soon :colone:

Original post by Pandora.
Scruffy? :beard:

1371498850316.jpg

As promised... better late than never! :ninja:

handwriting.jpg

(not listed in any particular order, btw :tongue:)
Reply 2404

handwriting.jpg

Awh :hugs:

handwriting.jpg

I am glad I am on the awesomelist despite annoying you by breaking the rules on several occasions :colone:

something tells me I should actually give the rules a read

handwriting.jpg

Cutie, thank you :hugs: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
dammit my personal statement is 4001 characters why oh why
Original post by Lucy96
Aww that really does sound amazing! It sounds like it'd definitely be a great experience and I'm sure you'd thoroughly enjoy yourself :smile: I really do hope you get an offer! I'd love to have had the opportunity to apply to somewhere like Oxford/Cambridge, they both look so beautiful and of course, the teaching quality would be excellent! Sadly I'm just not a hard enough worker, I lack motivation, hoping to make up for it this year :tongue: Oh well that's good, Warwick is also amazing, especially for maths, it'd be a great opportunity :biggrin:

You're welcome, hahaha :lol: Oooh I see :smile: At my sixth form, there was only one person who took further maths haha :tongue: (and was male) I think he was aiming for Cambridge, but to do Computer Science. Not sure if he still is :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahah trust me a year ago my highest aspiration was Exeter, I think I was considering CCC unis at the start of the year and just recently I've knocked Exeter off my list :tongue: its interesting how so much can change in a year (for the better by the way :biggrin: ). Ah fair enough tbh at GCSE I did some work but mostly diddly squat and as a result I got poor grades as expected. I think my main drive was proving all my teachers wrong as well as the self-teaching and I'm sure you will :wink: hit the ground running at the start and you'll never stop going :biggrin:

Yeah I'd be delighted to make it into either institution, the social life at Warwick is a bit better as well so that's a bonus :lol:

Ahah 1 person, that's a first! (I can imagine lessons been 10 times faster xD) we have about 6 people in our group; probably 4 after AS results, my smallest class by far :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
It was partly for your sake but I enjoy uploading new pictures of myself. I'm a pit of a selfiephile!
Other people: Did I mention that at the Sutton Trust summer school, my 6 person group did a presentation on sphincters in the GI tract? Trust me to get stuck with the part on the anal sphincters though :tongue:.

Ah, in my presentation at Sutton Trust I ended up with the short straw too; Neo-Victorianist literature and Postmodernism...

handwriting.jpg

Aww. Nice handwriting btw :smile:
O.o Because I was so intent on writing a client-server messaging program for my computing class, I had to be reminded by my parents that tomorrow is my 18th birthday.

After waiting so long for adulthood to start, I don't want childhood to end!! :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by Robbie242
Ahah trust me a year ago my highest aspiration was Exeter, I think I was considering CCC unis at the start of the year and just recently I've knocked Exeter off my list :tongue: its interesting how so much can change in a year (for the better by the way :biggrin: ). Ah fair enough tbh at GCSE I did some work but mostly diddly squat and as a result I got poor grades as expected. I think my main drive was proving all my teachers wrong as well as the self-teaching and I'm sure you will :wink: hit the ground running at the start and you'll never stop going :biggrin:

Yeah I'd be delighted to make it into either institution, the social life at Warwick is a bit better as well so that's a bonus :lol:

Ahah 1 person, that's a first! (I can imagine lessons been 10 times faster xD) we have about 6 people in our group; probably 4 after AS results, my smallest class by far :tongue:

That's so hard to imagine :tongue: And yeah it really is! Well you've turned it around so well so you're fine :biggrin: Yeah, it must be great to have something to work for, mine was vet med, and then I realised I was awful at chemistry :lol: I sure hope so, very true :smile:

I bet :smile: Oh well that's good, social life is obviously important in some ways, too :biggrin:
It is! Though I'm one of 2 in english literature which is also funny, luckily he's one of my best friends so it's not awkward :wink: Aww, cute :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

handwriting.jpg

This is my greatest accomplishment to date. I thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Choppie
O.o Because I was so intent on writing a client-server messaging program for my computing class, I had to be reminded by my parents that tomorrow is my 18th birthday.

After waiting so long for adulthood to start, I don't want childhood to end!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Sounds like a fun piece of work. Tbh, there's no reason your childhood shouldn't carry on, be young in spirit! At least your birthday is quite early on

handwriting.jpg

Oh you :colondollar::rolleyes:

Thank you :smile: it means a lot :yes:
Original post by Lucy96
That's so hard to imagine :tongue: And yeah it really is! Well you've turned it around so well so you're fine :biggrin: Yeah, it must be great to have something to work for, mine was vet med, and then I realised I was awful at chemistry :lol: I sure hope so, very true :smile:

I bet :smile: Oh well that's good, social life is obviously important in some ways, too :biggrin:
It is! Though I'm one of 2 in english literature which is also funny, luckily he's one of my best friends so it's not awkward :wink: Aww, cute :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know and it's nearly exactly a year since I got an F in my maths induction test :tongue:. Yeah it is and oh well haha at least your aiming for something else you like at least!

Yup, university is hyped up so much its like a fresh start, I have a reputation in my sixth form for being silent and only talking in one group in general, when people ask me stuff I respond but I barely ask people I don't know stuff so university is a chance to turn that around :biggrin:. Ahah 2 in Eng lit? I recall your college/Sixth form being very small (like 60 or 50 people :tongue:? ) so that explains the small numbers. I'd love 2 person classes :eek:

handwriting.jpg

I'm honoured to make the list :colondollar:. Cheers bro. :cool: Neat handwriting for a future medic :wink:

Here's mine (only thing I had on my comp :colonhash:):

Spoiler

handwriting.jpg

Your writing is actually rather neat! It reminds me a lot of when Mr. Examsolutions writes on his computer thing :holmes:...

Spoiler

But thanks, I am so glad to have made the list :biggrin:

Original post by Robbie242
dammit my personal statement is 4001 characters why oh why

How's it coming along? :holmes: I'm too worried to send mine to the PS service, I actually quite like it :tongue:
Original post by Endless Blue
Your writing is actually rather neat! It reminds me a lot of when Mr. Examsolutions writes on his computer thing :holmes:...

Spoiler

But thanks, I am so glad to have made the list :biggrin:

How's it coming along? :holmes: I'm too worried to send mine to the PS service, I actually quite like it :tongue:

It's being completely transformed in 2 days (srs) but its generally for the better, it flows much better now and it actually mentions more detail rather than just listing things. I would send it to the PS help service because what you might like may not be what admissions tutors like (I thought my PS was great before the TSR help service)

Latest