The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

I just received an email stating that there are no more spots left in University accommodation, so I guess that means I'll have to look at private houses and flats. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 121
I received the same email ... i had applied the 24th of july, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
10th of August... We've made a small facebook group for people in the same situation, check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/202599189915462/
It looks like I've got to look at private accommodation as well
Original post by fidgetingmidget
I just received an email stating that there are no more spots left in University accommodation, so I guess that means I'll have to look at private houses and flats. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Original post by betalord
I received the same email ... i had applied the 24th of july, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Solid.Snake
It looks like I've got to look at private accommodation as well

Guys, there is still so much private accom. available in Sheffield. I swear I have gone past about 6 properties that are still up for rent down Witham road on the way into uni. You will get somewhere, you will find it is cheaper than being in halls.

Have a look at Dove properties, Broomhill property shop, WestOne...

I'm just really sorry you've not got a place in halls. It was bad enough trying to look at houses for this year, it would have been a million times worse had I had to do it last year. Do either of you three live particularly local? Either you three get with someone else and get a house, or you individually look for a room in a house.

In the words of Douglas Adams, DON'T PANIC.
Original post by .snowflake.
Guys, there is still so much private accom. available in Sheffield. I swear I have gone past about 6 properties that are still up for rent down Witham road on the way into uni. You will get somewhere, you will find it is cheaper than being in halls.

Have a look at Dove properties, Broomhill property shop, WestOne...

I'm just really sorry you've not got a place in halls. It was bad enough trying to look at houses for this year, it would have been a million times worse had I had to do it last year. Do either of you three live particularly local? Either you three get with someone else and get a house, or you individually look for a room in a house.

In the words of Douglas Adams, DON'T PANIC.

I'm not local, but a few people in the group we've made are willing to check out a few properties we're interested in. Do you know anything about the private non-university halls? A few people seem to be interested in them, but location wise they're not very convenient. I've also heard rumours of there being a demonstration room which is much better than the others, meaning that those who go for those halls end up being disappointed.

I'd appreciate any advice you have to give. :redface:
I'm not local, but a few people in the group we've made are willing to check out a few properties we're interested in. Do you know anything about the private non-university halls? A few people seem to be interested in them, but location wise they're not very convenient. I've also heard rumours of there being a demonstration room which is much better than the others, meaning that those who go for those halls end up being disappointed.

I'd appreciate any advice you have to give. :redface:

Are you on about Opal 3, Aspect 3 etc?
Are you on about Opal 3, Aspect 3 etc?

Yes, and also the Sheffield Unite halls:
https://www.unite-students.com/sheffield
Yes, and also the Sheffield Unite halls:
https://www.unite-students.com/sheffield

I have a friend who is at Opal 2 & friends who have been there last year, I have a flatmate from last year currently in Aspect 3, and she LOVES it. Unite, i have no idea.

Edit: by the looks of their website, you're going to end up with non-ensuite stuff.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 129
I have a friend who is at Opal 2 & friends who have been there last year, I have a flatmate from last year currently in Aspect 3, and she LOVES it. Unite, i have no idea.

Which accommodation is popular for the freshers and close to sociology studies department?
Original post by Saito
Which accommodation is popular for the freshers and close to sociology studies department?

I know where sociology is. The nearest stuff would be uni halls, but you'd be able to get privately rented stuff which is closer.
Anyone in burbage e1?
Reply 132
Original post by HelenAnders
Hey, im living in A1, just wondering if you know how many people will live in that flat? so far ive found 2 boys so its mixed :smile:

Hey :smile:. A1 is a flat of 6! It's also a disabled access kitchen one so your kitchen is a bit different but still all the same size. Enjoy :smile:!
Studio flat at Aspect 3. Bills included, near to university! Just google 'aspect 3 sheffield' =]
Reply 134
Hey I'm a postgrad going to live in Rivelin E2, is anyone else?
Reply 135
Hey, if anyone is still looking for accommodation I'm having to move out of my flat but need someone to replace it. Its a shared flat with one other person, but they are barley around. It has a very good sized room, double bed and easy access to uni. If anyone's interested message me for more info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending